Management Thread III (MOD Warning Post # 67)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
He couldn't even build a competent 2nd line but ok. Too afraid to move picks (or lose any trade) that he ended up ****ing up anyway. What a champ.

And for the record, I think Benning is worse but that doesn't make Gillis good.

The Gillis fan boys are more pathetic than the Benning boys(if those still exist).

Higgins Kesler Samuelsson was fine as a 2nd line though? Higgins was a 40pt player not playing on the powerplay with any of the Sedins/Kesler and played a solid two way game.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Higgins Kesler Samuelsson was fine as a 2nd line though? Higgins was a 40pt player not playing on the powerplay with any of the Sedins/Kesler and played a solid two way game.
**** the 2nd line.

When you have enough on the blueline to have Salo as your #5; you're not doing too bad.

Good (though not great) blueline >>> 2nd line (provided you have a legit 1st line which we did).

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

Two 3rd liners with a way above average 2nd liner center (that Gillis didn't acquire). Amazing! No wonder Kesler wanted the f*** away.

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
Longing for the past and worrying about the future, all the while missing the present. Doesn’t sound like a fun way to be a fan to me - each to their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbud

Cheeks Clapinski

Sep 26, 2017
Two 3rd liners with a way above average 2nd liner center (that Gillis didn't acquire). Amazing! No wonder Kesler wanted the **** away.
I mean Gillis was the one that brought in Sundin who has been often credited in helping Kesler find his offensive game.

So yeah he may not have drafted him, but he sure developed him.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
He couldn't even build a competent 2nd line but ok. Too afraid to move picks (or lose any trade) that he ended up ****ing up anyway. What a champ.

The Gillis fan boys are more pathetic than the Benning boys(if those still exist).
(mod) You don't remember having 6 forwards with 50+ points in 2010? Incredible the disdain the greatest era in team history has around here, talk about toxic.

The team that lead the league in goals for/goals against and had a top PP and PK didn't have a competent 2nd line? Fanboys? No one is even being a fanboy here. People are just going to come here and refute all the stupid things you're writing in your posts. It's actually quite pathetic and truly saddens me that folks like yourself still feel the need to make things up to make yourselves feel better.

Last edited by a moderator:

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Longing for the past and worrying about the future, all the while missing the present. Doesn’t sound like a fun way to be a fan to me - each to their own.
If you don't care how the team is managed why post about it? Why come to the thread?

If you see no utility in looking at the past to improve the future, then you're just being obtuse.

Question: When Loui Eriksson was signed, what were you thoughts?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
See more lies and posting stupidity. And yes calling 30 goal scoring Mikael Sameulesson a 3rd liner is both a lie and stupid.

You mean the guy that scored 30 goals once and never came close again(or earlier in his career)? And you're calling me a liar. Too funny.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
He oversaw the greatest era in franchise history and has also made the two biggest rebuilding moves the franchise has made since - Horvat and Markstrom. Imagine how perceptions would've changed had he got to make the 2014 6th overall.

But you're dead right here. Gillis and the $2m cap recapture penalty for Luongo is the reason the canucks are capped out today with a mediocre roster and their best player by a mile on his ELC.
And having a league-dominating team that went to the 7th game of the Finals with a shell roster – and easily wins in any number of permutations – means he "couldn't get it done". Very reasonable thinking there, the type I like to apply to my own life.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
You mean the guy that scored 30 goals once and never came close again? And you're calling me a liar. Too funny.
Where was the lie? He was a top 6 forward when he was here based on every metric. Keep living in your deluded world bub.

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
If you don't care how the team is managed why post about it? Why come to the thread?

If you see no utility in looking at the past to improve the future, then you're just being obtuse.

Question: When Loui Eriksson was signed, what were you thoughts?

I don’t see any utility in looking into the past, especially when it is over a debate as to how effective GMMG was. Seriously, that window and core is over. Move on.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I don’t see any utility in looking into the past, especially when it is over a debate as to how effective GMMG was. Seriously, that window and core is over. Move on.
Well people are going to refute obvious lies about the past and EP40 is lying like a persian rug non-stop.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Why couldnt he keep it up bub? Was it because he was old slow and useless perhaps?

Hence not sustainable.
The 5 seasons prior to being a Canuck, Mikael Samulesson was the 4th leading forward scorer for Detroit over that period of time.

Love the goal posts moving to sustainable now. Any who.....you've brought nothing to the table here beyond lies so, I'll leave you to it.

Reactions: vanuck

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
this is also ironic....one guy tossed in a throw away but Gillis....and don't tell me you don't know what that is, considering you've spoken at length about past conversations here....and you just had to keep it going. Do you have notifications on for word "gillis"? If you don't like it, why did you continue the conversation?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
The 5 seasons prior to being a Canuck, Mikael Samulesson was the 4th leading forward scorer for Detroit over that period of time.

Love the goal posts moving to sustainable now. Any who.....you've brought nothing to the table here beyond lies so, I'll leave you to it.

Actually, sustainability was mentioned in my original post. That was the problem I had with him. everything was a bargain bin bandaid fix with no chance of sustainability.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Where’s the utility in that?
You know what you're dead right...I usually get mad at MS for constantly replying to agenda driven posters who lie and plug their ears when it doesn't suit them.

Can I ask you one thing? Where's the utility in continuing the Gillis conversation....why didn't you let it go? Where's the utility in that?

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018

Actually, sustainability was mentioned in my original post. That was the problem I had with him. everything was a bargain bin bandaid fix with no chance of sustainability.

Nothing about sustainability. You moved the goal posts. Cheers.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
And he couldn't get there again because he didn't build anything sustainable.

For 3 years straight we lost against the eventual cup champions, it's not like we got eliminated in the first round by a team that was subsequently swept.

God Yzerman is a JOKE, couldn't even get back to the finals

:biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad