Management Thread: Hot Turkey Rice Stew and 3/4 Pop Tart Edition

When did you want Benning fired as the Canucks GM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Only way to even attempt to go in the right direction is a full sweep of the garbage in the office. Otherwise many fans will leave, go on to other teams or just stop watching hockey all together.

7 years is enough of a sample size to see this team is going nowhere and fast. Get rid of the dead weight already

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Saw this in the Province today. Think it really could be possible we finally get new management this year. Would certainly explain the Green situation:

'It’s been an interesting few days on the phone, suffice it to say.
More than one person has said they think change in management may be coming.'

Canucks Skate: Change may be on the horizon | The Province

Good news. It's just more speculation, but Johnston is the only local guy with any sources so if it's coming from him I think it might be getting close.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I remember something like through game 4 of that series, Sbisa/Bieksa had been on the ice for nearly every goal against. It was comical.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Good news. It's just more speculation, but Johnston is the only local guy with any sources so if it's coming from him I think it might be getting close.

I don't think the local media would be openly speculating on management change unless they really thought it was likely. Here's hoping

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
But-but-but, boatloads of odd-man rushes against every game, is exciting hockey for the fans - who couldn't handle watching a bad team go through a rebuild.

What a pompous ass, trying to tell us we wouldn't support the team while rebuilding. Lies to us, blames his pathetic plan(or lack of one)on us, and then makes our team a laughing stock by putting us through a slow-cook rebuild gone wrong. Throws picks away at every possible opportunity. Lets another team bench a prized prospect on his own farm team. Anyone who isn't screaming for new management, hasn't been paying attention for the past 7 years

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
That and refs not calling the rules against Ferland.
Wouldn't have made a difference if Mr 1-2-3-4 hadn't shortened the bench. Weird thing is, the absolute failure of head coach, Torts, would've had that team advance further into the post-season (granted it was Willie D's 1-2-3-4 that kept the aging roster fresh enough to the end of the regular season; Willie just couldn't /wouldn't understand that you shorten your bench in the post-season if your best players are your best players).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad