Management Thread: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Well said by Sekeres, though really all of these things have been said here since things went down. It feels like the NHL is being a bit vindictive towards the Canucks organization for how this whole situation went down and isn't giving them any breaks in terms of the schedule. That leads me to believe the NHL blames the Canucks organization to some extent for the sloppy job they did when things first broke. It's possible now that the NHL blames them again for not bringing in enough healthy bodies to get things moving again. Players are kind of caught in the middle here, being forced to be accountable for the mistakes of others.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I'm pretty skeptical that it matters or will result in anything positive happening, but the "mainstream" canucks media has definitely turned harder against Benning and Aquillini over the past month than at any previous point in benning's tenure

Reactions: vanuck and mriswith

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
What a turnaround for Miller. From being called whiny, childish, and a bad teammate with attitude problems to being called the Canucks best leader!

To be fair Bo wasn't allowed to speak to the media while under covid protocol.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What a turnaround for Miller. From being called whiny, childish, and a bad teammate with attitude problems to being called the Canucks best leader!
Miller likely can’t wait to get out if this management mess. He came from TB, so he knows what good management is.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Didn’t I just write one thing Benning did that was good was putting Bracket in charge of scouting and the draft? I added hiring Clarke as goalie coach was good too.
That’s 2 good things Benning has done.
What else has Benning done that’s good?

In my opinion the motte trade was good. The toffoli trade itself was a needed one. The jt miller trade is also pretty good.
Smidtht trade was good one but that landed on his lap type of luck trade. In year one signing Ryan Miller to a 3 year deal was not bad and kesler trade wasn’t that bad either.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

He's actually gone full circle in like a year. Was considered those things in Tampa/NY, then was thought of a great leader here last year, then back to whiny earlier this year, then now back to great leader.

Reactions: F A N

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

Well then.

If he thinks he can get off my "bootlicking" list, he still has a long way to go.

This piece should have been written before JT Miller had to go public and resort to the nuclear option to get the basic thing done.

It's one tiny baby step, and a lot more needs to be done by the bootlicking media.

Good that the piece was written. Or spoken. Or texted. Whatever it was. Next time, it better be before a player has to risk his livelihood to ensure player safety over a corporate stooge like Daly's/Bettman's ego/agenda/profit motive on behalf of a handful of wealthy owners.

Silence equalled complicity. And the media was silent, until JT Miller had to step forward and do their job for them.

Because I am an optimist, I believe that some day the bootlicking media will remember what journalism is, and actually do their job of holding public figures accountable to their stakeholders. That optimism is why I am so endearing to people.

Last edited:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
In my opinion the motte trade was good. The toffoli trade itself was a needed one. The jt miller trade is also pretty good.
Smidtht trade was good one but that landed on his lap type of luck trade. In year one signing Ryan Miller to a 3 year deal was not bad and kesler trade wasn’t that bad either.
I don’t agree these moves were good ideas. The timing of Miller and Tofu deals were too soon. We gave up Madden, and a first, second, and third for two guys who are not going to be here, when our core is actually matured enough to compete. Madden and those high picks will be the right age to support the core.

Last edited:

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Well then.

If he thinks he can get off my "bootlicking" list, he still has a long way to go.

This piece should have been written before JT Miller had to go public and resort to the nuclear option to get the basic thing done.

It's one tiny baby step, and a lot more needs to be done by the bootlicking media.

Good that the piece was written. Or spoken. Or texted. Whatever it was. Next time, it better be before a player has to risk his livelihood to ensure player safety over a corporate stooge like Bettman's ego/agenda/profit motive on behalf of a handful of wealthy owners.

Because I am an optimist, I believe that some day the bootlicking media will remember what journalism is, and actually do their job of holding public figures accountable to their stakeholders. That optimism is why I am so endearing to people.
Sports journalism is always awful relative to other contemporaneous journalism, largely because most people identify so strongly with the athlete, team or sport being discussed that they enjoy reading anything that even mentions these things. If you need evidence of this, just recall how discussion of a certain sport stays in a sort of stasis during the offseason talking about absolutely meaningless details or contingencies, and that this causes people to clamour for more rather than lose interest.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Trading Hughes is this year's trading Boeser. The guy is 21 and has the 3rd highest PPG among all active Dmen. in the NHL. We should pump the brakes on any idea of trading this player.
I think this is a false equivalence.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Well then.

Good that the piece was written. Or spoken. Or texted. Whatever it was. Next time, it better be before a player has to risk his livelihood to ensure player safety over a corporate stooge like Daly's/Bettman's ego/agenda/profit motive on behalf of a handful of wealthy owners.

Silence equalled complicity. And the media was silent, until JT Miller had to step forward and do their job for them.

Thomas Drance was speaking against the schedule from the start. One of the few non bootlicking media we have.

Reactions: rypper

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Take a good look at the age of the blueline.

That's one problematic aspect. There's plenty of young & prime age talent at forward, plus Hughes is 21 and Demko 25. I didn't say it was looking great, just that it's not bleak. Put a smart GM in charge and good things are possible.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
JT has proven that he's the real leader in the room. He'll probably get traded now for defying the OBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad