Injury Report: Man-Games Lost - 2013 Official Injury Thread (The Colaiacovo Report)

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
No new news. If I had to guess, I think he'l miss tonights game, but Steen will be back.

Stang

Dec 4, 2007
Any word on McDonald? Will the injuries ever stop?

Lou Korac
McDonald, Steen and Tarasenko were put through a strenuous work session prior to morning skate by trainers. All three survived. #stlblues
2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
A few minutes ago:

Lou Korac ‏@lkorac10
Both Andy McDonald & Vladimir Tarasenko on the ice for today's practice. #stlblues

EDIT: It's an optional skate so no further clues on when they're back in.

Last edited:

Stang

Dec 4, 2007
Jeremy Rutherford
Tarasenko is skating on a line with Sobotka and Schwartz.

Lou Korac
Looks like Tarasenko is a player tonight. Will confirm with Hitch.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Putting Schwartz and Tarasenko on the same line shows how much trust Hitchcock has in his rookies. We'll see how many minutes (and I'd expect it to be limited a bit for Tarasenko in his first game back regardless). Schwartz has really raised his stock over the last month.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
Putting Schwartz and Tarasenko on the same line shows how much trust Hitchcock has in his rookies. We'll see how many minutes (and I'd expect it to be limited a bit for Tarasenko in his first game back regardless). Schwartz has really raised his stock over the last month.

I just wish Cole would get the same leash that Schwartz and Tarasenko are getting.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I just wish Cole would get the same leash that Schwartz and Tarasenko are getting.
If the defense had suffered the same injuries, he would have. But right now he's going to have to fight for his ice time first.

He's showing improvement over the season, but so is Redden and so is Russell. For the Blues, its a good issue to deal with (not being able to find enough ice time because the guys have responded and are playing better). For Cole, its a challenge. If he wants to be a good NHL player, he's going to have to force his way into the line-up and then seize it like Schwartz did when he was put on the Backes line.

I'm not down on Cole. And I think he's still likely to be a key guy for the Blues going forward. But I see no problem with letting it take its time.

Stang

Dec 4, 2007
Does sickness count as injury?
Apparently Petro won't play tonight against the Ducks due to the flu

Stang

Dec 4, 2007
Oshie is on IR now per Blues website.

Yep, luckily it isn't really indicative of his injury being worse...the Blues simply needed another roster spot (didn't want to send Cracknell down with Reaves also having the flu). Osh is eligible to play again Wednesday but we dont have a game until next saturday (after Tuesday).

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Looks like Cracknell was sent down as McDonald confirmed he'll be ready tomorrow.

That's 23 on the active roster again but Oshie told Lou Korac that he'll be ready for sure by Saturday.

Could the three goalie situation come to a head this week if there are no injuries in the Vancouver game?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Is it technically against the rules to put someone on IR that's not really injured? Or is it just frowned upon? Like could we say Elliott pulled a groin in practice or something? Would there be repercussions?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is it technically against the rules to put someone on IR that's not really injured? Or is it just frowned upon? Like could we say Elliott pulled a groin in practice or something? Would there be repercussions?

He would have to have an actual injury, but they can't force you to take them off, at least I don't think they can. We can't make an injury up, but Jackman could just do what he did to Halak in the playoffs to Elliott in practice lol.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
McDonald will play against Vancouver.

Wonder if we move one of the LWers to the right and scratch Dags.

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Listened to a radio interview with Hitch and McDonald. McDonald felt confident in the knee and thought he was ready to play. Hitch commented that they would evaluate McDonald tomorrow and make a decision but that it was too early to tell. In listening to Hitch I got the impression that the Blues were in no hurry to activate McDonald as he has only participated in a few drills with contact as well as skating with the Berglund line, and that they wanted to see how the knee responded to the added stress.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
The reason teams don't/can't/won't ask a player who isn't injured enough to go on IR is that what happens later if the player and team have a falling out? The player says, hey the Blues asked me to agree to go on the IR to circumvent the roster rules. Team gets investigated by the league, there could be consequences. It's just something you want to avoid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad