GDT: Mallards @ Desert Puppies 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
OEL is is a dirty player himself, I have no qualms with him being sent to the Butt Hole. But I also don't mind what Domi did, that's what a fight is supposed to be for. You protect your stars. I agree with the idiot Tyson Nash that a huge hit like that late in a game that was over early, on a star player, should draw a response, and indeed it did, so good for little Max. My only issue was with the 5 to Garbutt, who had to eat a couple pretty decent shots without dropping his gloves or stick. Terrible officiating, as per usual, and the refs seemed angry to me. They were angry at Ritchie for what he did to Stone, which shouldn't happen. If they just worried about their role without taking everything personally we'd all be better off, but they're too insecure for that.

Didn't that entire thing happen after the Fowler hit though? Fowler was drilled not long before OEL was, so they should practice what they preach.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Don't get it, the hit on OEL wasn't even remotely bad or "hard". He kinda fell backwards, what else? Why did Domi react like that, OEL took no damage and was totally fine afterwards?

And I don't agree with Oliver being dirty. In what way?

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
color me shocked that domi got suspended. i think it was on the montreal game the other day a montreal player didnt get an instigator.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Don't get it, the hit on OEL wasn't even remotely bad or "hard". He kinda fell backwards, what else? Why did Domi react like that, OEL took no damage and was totally fine afterwards?

And I don't agree with Oliver being dirty. In what way?

Punching Perron in the back of the head for no reason in the same game would seem to qualify.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
if they don't want their players targeted they shouldn't be throwing out the cheapshots like they do.

the number of extras that perron alone received deserved a response.
they didn't like the hit on oel late in the game? why did they go after fowler, game was over at that point also.

oel also has doan to take notes from, not just ulf. guy used to lay out shady hits every game i saw him play in until the last year or so.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Domi deserved that suspension. I'm all for sticking up for your star teammates if it's a dirty play. But that wasn't remotely dirty. Garbutt is entitled to make a clean hit without worrying about another player throwing a tantrum and swinging fists at him like a mad man. If Domi engaged Garbutt like a man and was willing to drop the gloves in an actual fight, that is a different story. You can't allow guys to just maul someone while that player is skating down the ice looking to play hockey. I'd argue the league had to suspend him for that

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Domi deserved that suspension. I'm all for sticking up for your star teammates if it's a dirty play. But that wasn't remotely dirty. Garbutt is entitled to make a clean hit without worrying about another player throwing a tantrum and swinging fists at him like a mad man. If Domi engaged Garbutt like a man and was willing to drop the gloves in an actual fight, that is a different story. You can't allow guys to just maul someone while that player is skating down the ice looking to play hockey. I'd argue the league had to suspend him for that

I agree with you 100%. But I would also say that if the game situation had been reversed and one of their guys with a terrible reputation (Doan?) laid the same clean hit on Lindholm, you know this forum would go ballistic and support extracting the same revenge.

I don't like clean hits resulting in scrums, but the league is full of it and no team wants to be the first to turn the other cheek. I don't know how the league can control it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad