GDT: Mallards @ Desert Puppies 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
That was a great hit by Garbutt. Any time you can put one of those on Ekman-Larsson you have to take it. It sends a message. Domi needs a beating next time for reacting like that to a clean hit

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
Domi... If your dad made a living being a low skill tough guy - fine.

But if you want to be a skill player and pull that, watch out.

Last edited:

Jack Bauer DAMNIT

Two Way Defenseman
Nov 11, 2015
Golden State
Thank you Ritchie for stepping up for your team when it was getting gooned. Someone's got to fill the void left by Patty. Smart on him to realize that if he's not going to put up #s, he might as well make himself useful. BB said that it "looked like he got some frustration out, and he will be a lot better for it", and I agree. Hopefully Nick is being smart about his stint in the NHL here and is taking notes on things he has to improve on in order to be a player.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Arizona are laughably bad, hard to fathom we lost 3 times to such a terrible team. Still trying to figure out how Garbutt got 5 minutes for fighting when he got cheapshotted from behind.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
OEL is is a dirty player himself, I have no qualms with him being sent to the Butt Hole. But I also don't mind what Domi did, that's what a fight is supposed to be for. You protect your stars. I agree with the idiot Tyson Nash that a huge hit like that late in a game that was over early, on a star player, should draw a response, and indeed it did, so good for little Max. My only issue was with the 5 to Garbutt, who had to eat a couple pretty decent shots without dropping his gloves or stick. Terrible officiating, as per usual, and the refs seemed angry to me. They were angry at Ritchie for what he did to Stone, which shouldn't happen. If they just worried about their role without taking everything personally we'd all be better off, but they're too insecure for that.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Oh man that was an infuriating couple of hours I just spent listening to the ARI feed. Who is the color guy? I quite honestly hate him. A total clown. My brain was bleeding the whole game just listening to him. He was going crazy over Garbutt hitting OEL there in the end calling it a total garbage and being thrilled for Domi going apes*** on him after the hit. Then after the replay he forgets what he said earlier and calls it a clean hit, but says OEL shouldn't be hit. I mean damn... this guy should be unemployed.

Good on Ritchie for standing up for himself and his teammates and I'm glad we don't have to see this team anymore after last night.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
OEL is is a dirty player himself, I have no qualms with him being sent to the Butt Hole. But I also don't mind what Domi did, that's what a fight is supposed to be for. You protect your stars. I agree with the idiot Tyson Nash that a huge hit like that late in a game that was over early, on a star player, should draw a response, and indeed it did, so good for little Max. My only issue was with the 5 to Garbutt, who had to eat a couple pretty decent shots without dropping his gloves or stick. Terrible officiating, as per usual, and the refs seemed angry to me. They were angry at Ritchie for what he did to Stone, which shouldn't happen. If they just worried about their role without taking everything personally we'd all be better off, but they're too insecure for that.

I`m also kind of understanding the Domi reaction but i think Garbutt did nothing wrong (boy, i never imagined i`d say this) even if the hit was late in the game and vs star player. He made a statement that opposing players need to see when he`s on the ice no matter what - that`s just a part from getting into their head a bit.

The penalties on Garbutt was a ****show though, no doubt!

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014

And that's my qualm with officials. Too often you hear them getting emotionally involved in the game. The on ice mics catch a lot of what they say, if you listen carefully. They're always cussing and acting like they are part of the scrums. It irritates me and leads to poor judgment, which in turn leads to ****** officiating. I get it, you have a cool job, everyone tells you that no doubt. But don't make it more than it is. Mall cop mentality.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Domi took a few notes from Semin on that "fight". I love the make up of our team now, always walking the line between physical and goonishness. We have a lot of dumb now, and seem to draw the dumb out of other teams. I hope Murray maintains this identity for the club going forward.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary

Ulf Samuelsson was coaching in Phoenix during OEL's first year, so I'm sure that rubbed off on OEL. There's nobody better to learn from

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I think I can understand Domi's reaction. Doesn't make it right, but it was just that kind of a game for them and it was not too long ago they were still in the Playoff picture and they've been streaking in the wrong direction. I kind of liked the way Garbutt played the whole situation to even out the penalties. Hard, clean hit. Unnecessary maybe, but nothing really wrong with it either.

I have to say that Garbutt's definitely warming up for me. I was disgusted when they traded for him.

He is, and I know that poster asked about the color guy, but it was McConnell who called it garbage.

Maybe I heard wrong. I got all worked up from that game. Still it's definitely Nash who I find so annoying. I really don't wish unemployment for him though :laugh:

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I think I can understand Domi's reaction. Doesn't make it right, but it was just that kind of a game for them and it was not too long ago they were still in the Playoff picture and they've been streaking in the wrong direction. I kind of liked the way Garbutt played the whole situation to even out the penalties. Hard, clean hit. Unnecessary maybe, but nothing really wrong with it either.

I have to say that Garbutt's definitely warming up for me. I was disgusted when they traded for him.

Maybe I heard wrong. I got all worked up from that game. Still it's definitely Nash who I find so annoying. I really don't wish unemployment for him though :laugh:

I recognize his voice because I always liked him on the radio.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA

I don't have a problem with Domi challenging him there at all and would want someone on the Ducks to do it in the same situation. What bothers me is how he went about it.

It did seem like they weren't too happy with Ritchie for the Stone incident but Stone was stupid for initiating a confrontation with an obviously broken nose. At first I thought the double minor for Ritchie after the fight was some residual irritation from earlier but I just realized that with 3:54 left in the game, they probably thought giving Arizona a PP for the rest of the game would keep things from escalating.

Jack Bauer DAMNIT

Two Way Defenseman
Nov 11, 2015
Golden State
maxresdefault.jpg

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Tyson Nash is only good for those who wants to hear 60 minutes of Doan-praising, every **** game. (watched the Ducks feed last night though, thankfully)

And yes, OEL can be a bit hot-blooded/dirty sometimes. Some players seem to try to get to him as well. As they know that he can snap. And it was a nice, clean hit.

That was an easy game if there ever was one. Rakell with most time on the ice of the forwards - And Kes-Perry hardly touched the ice in the 3rd. :laugh:

Good warm up to tomorrow's rumble. And hopefully I can enjoy this one a bit better than last Sunday's affair, which I saw in bed together with a hangover of the century as my companion. But it was a great game nevertheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad