News Article: Malkin would consider coming to Rangers....

nyrcup94

Jul 14, 2002
Winston-Salem, NC
Visit site
Found this article interesting. Malkin's father is saying that if his son were to ever leave Pittsburgh, his top choices would be to go to the Rangers or the Canadiens. Interesting. We can only hope!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...ering-controversy-dallas-stars-154425522.html

But son said ‘If things in Pittsburgh were ever to go downhill and I would have to leave, I would pick the New York Rangers or the Montreal Canadiens. There are a few clubs, but I am in no rush to be in Dallas. But actually I don’t want to change houses, go somewhere. I am used to Pittsburgh - to the city and the team.’

Beatle17

Jan 14, 2009
This article is so much junk. Dallas couldn't offer him more money, they couldn't even talk to him as he was under contract at the time to Pittsburgh. If Dallas had contact it is tampering and they would have been fined etc.

The reporters need to do some research before writing these articles, or maybe they don't understand exactly what Malkin Sr. said in the interview.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
This article is so much junk. Dallas couldn't offer him more money, they couldn't even talk to him as he was under contract at the time to Pittsburgh. If Dallas had contact it is tampering and they would have been fined etc.
Hence the title: Evgeni Malkin’s dad sparks tampering controversy with Dallas Stars

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
No real news there. He's said previously that MSG is his favorite place to play outside of CONSOL. Unfortunately, our only real shot was if he ended up going to free agency. The Pens are never going to trade him to a division rival for anything less than a total gut job of our team.

I think the tampering part is the interesting bit. Perhaps Nill kicked the tires on a sign-and-trade with the Pens before trading for Seguin and it wasn't really tampering at all.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
What, 1/3 of the biggest stars in the game sooner or later play for NYR... ;)

They just seem to find a way to end up here. Heck even Näslund ended up playing for us. JJ. Bure. Jagr. Shanahan. Lindros.

*Bob Richards*

That should bring the list to "Virtually everyone not named Shea Weber".

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That should bring the list to "Virtually everyone not named Shea Weber".

I think Weber can be persuaded. So it's back down to everyone not named Zach Parise.

No real news there. He's said previously that MSG is his favorite place to play outside of CONSOL. Unfortunately, our only real shot was if he ended up going to free agency. The Pens are never going to trade him to a division rival for anything less than a total gut job of our team.

I think the tampering part is the interesting bit. Perhaps Nill kicked the tires on a sign-and-trade with the Pens before trading for Seguin and it wasn't really tampering at all.

For Malkin, sign me up for said stomach pump.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Yeah, he can say that now that Pittsburgh has him locked up for a decade. Would be funny though at the beginning, it would look like Mike Rupp suddenly became Gretzky. (#71)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad