Malkin '100%' coming over next year. RSL club threatens legal action

WalterSobchak

Blues Trololol
Mar 11, 2004
Where men chunder
www.larddesigns.com
jekoh said:
No, Crosby can't play with the Club de hockey canadien de Montréal.

Clearly other considerations take precedence over the player's choice, I don't know why you don't want to admit that.

Crosby CAN play anywhere he wants...just not anywhere in the NHL he wants.

Also he cannot play in any leagues that have an agreement with the NHL to not allow players under contract to NHL teams to play.

Last edited:

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
ZaphodBeeblebrox said:
Therefore he CANT'T play anywhere he wants :shakehead

vcx*

I don't get what the big deal is, buyout his contract, pay the team whatever they were going to pay Malkin and get it over with.

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
Kirk Muller said:
So what ?

If they decide to invest tons of resources and time into a player, that's their free choice. It does not give them any claim over the player.

I find it comical that the only people who defend the idea of Ovechkins or Malkins being stopped from playing in North America are either the frustrated old boys of the RSL, or expatriate Russian nationalist youths who've lived most of their life in the priviledge of North America.
Its also there free right to not release him from his contract. I cant believe the people from U.S.A. are pissed at Russia, this is capitalismat its best. The Americans cry beacuse things are not going there way.... but all i see is Russia playing by the rules that America loves.

Fredrik

Apr 22, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
ZaphodBeeblebrox said:

Also he cannot play in any leagues that have an agreement with the NHL to not allow players under contract to NHL teams to play.

So if the Rangers want a player drafted by another club they can't do anything about it? That's not true and should not be true in this case either. Just pay Metallurg what they want and the matter will be settled.

vcx*

Fredrik said:
So if the Rangers want a player drafted by another club they can't do anything about it? That's not true and should not be true in this case either. Just pay Metallurg what they want and the matter will be settled.

Buy-out Malkin's contract, give them what they were going to pay him and be done with it. That's fair. He wants to play in the NHL and if the Pens will pay the rest of his contract then all should be good everyone gets what they want.

BIGTRAIN*

hotwheels said:
I don't get what the big deal is, buyout his contract, pay the team whatever they were going to pay Malkin and get it over with.

Since the team does not have to release him from that contract and he still has military obligations, the pens could lose him. To my knowledge malkin does not have an out in his contract and because of this fact until he is released from that contract he cannot come over. So his team in Russia holds all the cards and if they want to they can hold him another four years ( remember 2 years military service and I think two years left on his contract ). So unless the pens way over pay the russian team that has him under contract, he will not play here. Also the pens are under a time limit to get him signed or he goes back into the draft. It is either before this years draft or next years draft. So pens fans you still want malkin or alexander the great ? :snide:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
SUPERFAN-1 said:
Since the team does not have to release him from that contract and he still has military obligations, the pens could lose him. To my knowledge malkin does not have an out in his contract and because of this fact until he is released from that contract he cannot come over. So his team in Russia holds all the cards and if they want to they can hold him another four years ( remember 2 years military service and I think two years left on his contract ). So unless the pens way over pay the russian team that has him under contract, he will not play here. Also the pens are under a time limit to get him signed or he goes back into the draft. It is either before this years draft or next years draft. So pens fans you still want malkin or alexander the great ? :snide:

Links? I have provided numerous links that say the opposite of almost everything in this post.

BIGTRAIN*

Jaded-Fan said:
Links? I have provided numerous links that say the opposite of almost everything in this post.

First the NHL will not allow a player with another valid contract to play because if they did no contract would be safe. Have you ever heard of the legal system? His team can sue for performance of his contract and the Russian government can take his passport and force him to serve in the military. Per new cba teams have two years from his draft date (except collage players ) to sign those picks or they re-enter the draft. Believe what you want but if they do not get what they want the Russian team will keep him and the pens will lose him.

The only way Malkin can leave his team is if and only if his contract says he has an out. But even then the Russian government hold the trump card of military service for two years. Further he cannot sign a contract for future employment since that is not legal. So with that entire going against them the pens are up the creek without a paddle and the boat is sinking. Want to argue with the uUS courts or the Russian government,because if you do you lose.

barrel_master

Amber Heard
Dec 15, 2004
SUPERFAN-1 said:
First the NHL will not allow a player with another valid contract to play because if they did no contract would be safe. Have you ever heard of the legal system? His team can sue for performance of his contract and the Russian government can take his passport and force him to serve in the military. Per new cba teams have two years from his draft date (except collage players ) to sign those picks or they re-enter the draft. Believe what you want but if they do not get what they want the Russian team will keep him and the pens will lose him.

The only way Malkin can leave his team is if and only if his contract says he has an out. But even then the Russian government hold the trump card of military service for two years. Further he cannot sign a contract for future employment since that is not legal. So with that entire going against them the pens are up the creek without a paddle and the boat is sinking. Want to argue with the uUS courts or the Russian government,because if you do you lose.

Semenin's contract wasn't safe from the RSL.

And this military service thing... why hasn't the army or government used this trump card on it's other athletes? Isn't Kovalchuk supposed to be serving now?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
SUPERFAN-1 said:

Please address the following with more than your opinion:

The Russian Professional Hockey League (PHL) says the agreement with the IIHL and NHL was not signed because it lacks clauses that are fundamental for Russians. First of all, they demand that NHL bosses acknowledge players' current contracts with Russian clubs and agree to let the clubs take decisions whether they want to transfer a player or not. The managers of Russian ice-hockey, admit though, that contradictions and inconsistencies in Russian legislation allow North Americans to totally ignore their demands. An example being, the Russian Labor Code permits any individual to quit a job after a two-week notice, and this alone would give NHL clubs carte blanche to draft Russian players for free.

http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20050901/41272644.html

Kirk Muller*

Saprykin said:
They don't, and they probably won't. First rule is that when a player is unhappy, he is not to his fullest to help his club. However, the NHL today is almost exactly the same organization - a player without a contract does not have a right to play for any other team until he is 27. Draconian rules? Probably not (age 31 wasn't either a few years ago). It's meant to help the poorer markets (which Russia is, compared to NA). You're forgetting that the NHL understands these positions like no one else, and yet barely gives its young players any freedom of choice of playing where they want to play. That starts in Major Junior, btw, this "tradition." Isn't THAT ironic? You're advocating for Malkin to "do whatever he wants", i.e. "play for Pittsburgh", when it might not even be the team he wants to play for. Does he have a say in it? No...
Yeah, I know what you wanna say.. "It' not same." Well, it's not. There's a degree of similarity, though.

No, not really. The question is of what league he wants to play in. He wants to play in the NHL. He understands that he'll have to play for the Penguins, just as it's normal that if he wants to play in the RSL, he would have to play for Metallurg. There is no equivalence.

Saprykin said:
NHL teams have the right to decide the futures of players they draft.

No they don't. No NHL team can force a player to play for them. It's entirely up to the player. Malkin wants to play for Pittsburgh, he has said it. "I've already made up my mind for next season — I'll be leaving for the NHL. I'm 100 percent sure of that." Those are his words. Nobody is forcing him to play in the NHL, it's him who wants to, and people like you are the ones who want to stop him from doing what he wants. The Penguins are not forcing him to do anything. This is so simple that it's ridiculous I'm having to explain it.

Saprykin said:
Why can't Russian clubs decide futures of players they develop?

Because they don't own him. Malkin is a free man. He can decide in what league he wants to play.

Saprykin said:
It's not in NA tradition to thank the academy that brought a player into the world. But let me explain again - Malkin wouldn't have become a player if he played on the streets of Magnitogorsk. No scout from Omsk or Yaroslavl would bother coming to Magnitogorsk (or, as in my example, Vladivostok) to watch kids play unless there really IS some real talent that is so over-the-heads better than other talent out there (and even THAT would be a stretch, sadly). There are no colleges that covet players for college hockey. It's only clubs. They scout the countryside oftentimes, yes, but mostly the second-tier hockey schools, like Chelyabinsk, St. Petersburg, Kiev, Minsk, etc. That's what the majority of Russian hockey players have to give thanks to - the system. There are not enough rinks and junior leagues to go around, believe, and there's barely any high-school hockey (well, maybe it's better now, but 5-10 years ago, cost of equipment and lack of normal indoor hockey rinks was a good deterrent).

I understand all of this. However, you don't seem to understand that the fact that Metallurg has been nice and developed him over all these years gives them ZERO rights on him beyond whatever contract he voluntarily entered into with them.

Saprykin said:
I don't understand this comment at all. Malkin isn't coming to America because it's the wealthiest society in the world. He's coming here because NHL is the best league in the world. He'd get more money next year (and year after that, probably) playing for Magnitogorsk. It certainly looks like that personally, living in America I would be happy to get a fourth of what he's getting in Russia. What is so comical? I want to deny him the privilege that he already has over me to begin with? Even if true, then it would only be logical, not ironic ;). And it's not true. I want him to come over - because, eventually, he should. But I also understand that if Metallurg wants a decent compensation, he should get it. Again, as I said, a few millions of dollars. Something sizable, but not Shevchenko-like money. It would only make sense.

Over the course of his career, Malkin will make more money playing in the NHL. Don't try to deny that, you're just going to look stupid. Over the course of a career, a player of the caliber of Malkin or Ovechkin can expect to earn up to 100M$. He won't make that playing in Russia.

You want to deny him to right of choosing where he wants to play and what he wants to do with his life. And what's comical is that these kind of thoughts are coming from young people who haven't lived in Russia for years and live in the priviledge of North America, yet don't want to let people like Malkin decide where they want to live and work.

Saprykin said:
Dynamo situation was different. There was a talk of whether the kid signed a contract or not. I was actually on his side purely because the case was too murky for me to care. But it's straight-to-the-point, relatively, in Malkin's case. He had a club that raised him from when he was very young. He wouldn't have become the player he is now if it weren't for Metallurg - not like anyone else would come along and snatch him and develop him and whatnot. Why doesn't Metallurg deserve a sizable compensation? Yes, in business terms, more money than it is being offered. There's a lot you can do with that money.

What is different ? Ovechkin was raised by Dynamo just like Malkin no ? Beyond the short-term contractual obligations, what's the difference ?

Saprykin said:
First, I don't enjoy as much freedom and wealth as Malkin and Ovechkin both enjoyed in Russia. Firstly, I frankly don't have as much money as they do, even though I'm about the same age they are. Secondly, stemming from the money issue, I have a lot less room to maneuver. I'm not gonna be going to Russia every year for 2-3 months after the season is over and party. And you really have a fetish for saying "nationalist youth", don't ya?

It's not about your personal freedom and wealth. It's about your dictating whether Malkins and Ovechkins should be able to come to North America.

I say nationalistic youth because they are the ones whose fanatical love of a motherland where they haven't lived for decade blinds their vision and inhibits their ability to think clearly (for instance, your belief that since Metallurg has been nice to Malkin, that gives them the right to decide his future; or your idea that NHL teams are somehow able to force players to play for them). And in contrast, Russian hockey players in general are much more progressive and open-minded about letting people live and work where they want.

Saprykin said:
There's no right. I never said anything about any rights. From the moral side, though, there's a reason why many Russians in Russia feel awkward toward Russian NHLers. They're entertaining "the other crowd." I think oftentimes it stems into exaggeration, since most of the NHLers are really nice guys who've done what anyone else would've done, almost. But there's a reason. Good job embellishing what I said.

You complained that as a former resident of a small Pacfic coast town, you wouldn't get to see Malkin because he would be snatched up by a big club. My point is, who cares ? Malkin has the right to go anywhere he wants. He doesn't have a duty to entertain Russians.

Saprykin said:
Dictating Malkin's future is what Pittsburgh and North American fans are going to be doing in the next seven or eight years. "He's a free man," yes, but then he can't even change his NHL team upon entrance to the freakin league. And he's not yet obliged to any contract. But Pittsburgh sucked for too long, eh? They deserve to provide Evgeni with a couple of years of abysmal performances.

That's the system of the NHL. Nobody is forcing him to play there, he wants to.

Saprykin said:
The kid signed a contract, and if it's deemed legitimate by the American courts, Pittsburgh just should buy it out. It seems reasonable to me. If there'd be no contract, then sure, Malkin can just leave for free. Ovechkin did the same, it just worked fine. In a perfect world it'd be nice to reimburse their hockey schools to some extent, but I'm not staunch about it or anything.

Yes, "it'd be nice" as a gesture, but it's not an obligation. You really don't seem to understand that when Metallurg decides to take on a kid, it does so voluntarily. Its benevolence does not force Malkin to submit to whatever Metallurg wants. It's as if I gave some money to a homeless guy and then expected him to become my slave. That's what you're saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirk Muller*

johnny_rudeboy said:
But yes, the european pro leagues are good and the top teams here would probably do well in the NHL as well. (not being a botton team that is)

Oh please, get a grip.

The National Hockey League is the most competitive hockey league in the world. It's the 500 best hockey players in the world battling against each other 82 times a year.

The average SEL roster is made up of guys who had marginal NHL careers and were not able to stick with their NHL teams, got sent down to the AHL/IHL or of guys who were never even drafted.

And don't give me any crap about how it's a different game. It's ice hockey. The only difference is that basically every single player in the NHL is better than every single player in the SEL.

If Modo were to play in the NHL, it would finish behind Pittsburgh and St.Louis and Washington and Chicago. Far behind.

illogic

Apr 12, 2005
Kirk Muller said:
Yes, "it'd be nice" as a gesture, but it's not an obligation. You really don't seem to understand that when Metallurg decides to take on a kid, it does so voluntarily. Its benevolence does not force Malkin to submit to whatever Metallurg wants. It's as if I gave some money to a homeless guy and then expected him to become my slave. That's what you're saying.

lol @ the slave remark

Are you the real Kirk Muller?

BIGTRAIN*

Jaded-Fan said:

The Russian Professional Hockey League (PHL) says the agreement with the IIHL and NHL was not signed because it lacks clauses that are fundamental for Russians. First of all, they demand that NHL bosses acknowledge players' current contracts with Russian clubs and agree to let the clubs take decisions whether they want to transfer a player or not. The managers of Russian ice-hockey, admit though, that contradictions and inconsistencies in Russian legislation allow North Americans to totally ignore their demands. An example being, the Russian Labor Code permits any individual to quit a job after a two-week notice, and this alone would give NHL clubs carte blanche to draft Russian players for free.

BIGTRAIN*

Jaded-Fan said:

This not my opinion because Ovechkin and the caps were sued in American courts but his former team lost because he had an out written into his contract. Semin has been held hostage and forced to play for an elite league team to honor his military obligation by holding his passport. Because the Russian government issues his passport they can revoke it any time they choose. What you fail to see or are just blind to be Malkin has a valid contract that if need be WILL BE INFORCED by the americium legal system. His team can demand the he fulfill his contract and not have it bought out. That is what is called inside the legal community specific performance. So as you can see the pens have a problem and they are at the mercy of his current team and the Russian government. Not saying they will lose Malkin but if his current team wants to play hardball they hold all the cards. In this matter, the pens are between a rock and a hard place and may have to pay millions both to the team and the Russian government. Next

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
SUPERFAN-1 said:
This not my opinion because Ovechkin and the caps were sued in American courts but his former team lost because he had an out written into his contract. Semin has been held hostage and forced to play for an elite league team to honor his military obligation by holding his passport. Because the Russian government issues his passport they can revoke it any time they choose. What you fail to see or are just blind to be Malkin has a valid contract that if need be WILL BE INFORCED by the americium legal system. His team can demand the he fulfill his contract and not have it bought out. That is what is called inside the legal community specific performance. So as you can see the pens have a problem and they are at the mercy of his current team and the Russian government. Not saying they will lose Malkin but if his current team wants to play hardball they hold all the cards. In this matter, the pens are between a rock and a hard place and may have to pay millions both to the team and the Russian government. Next

Actually, Semin had a valid contract with the US which was ruled unenforcable in a foreign land. If Malkin is outside of Russia's juristiction, they can't do a damn thing to make him come back, in essence losing him for nothing.

It's highly debatable if Russian contracts are enforcible here in the US. It's certainly not as clear-cut as you paint it, nationalistic feelings aside.

Icekube

Feb 22, 2006
Richmond VA
A little side note, since Tretiak became a head of RHL he was quoted saying that there is a need for an agreement with NHL ASAP, even if it's a bad one. So the likelyhood of a deal this summer seems very high. No idea how it will play out in Malkin's case.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
The Penguins should pay something reasonable (I say 1-3 million) for getting a player of Malkin's calibre over for next year... No need to be cheap about it.

Haute Couture

Feb 27, 2002
Bay of Pigs
Visit site
Kirk Muller said:
No, not really. The question is of what league he wants to play in. He wants to play in the NHL. He understands that he'll have to play for the Penguins, just as it's normal that if he wants to play in the RSL, he would have to play for Metallurg. There is no equivalence.
If he has a contract with Metallurg, he'd play for Metallurg. But no one OWNS his rights in that country. In the NHL teams OWN rights to players. Of course they can't force them to play for them. Duh.

No they don't. No NHL team can force a player to play for them. It's entirely up to the player. Malkin wants to play for Pittsburgh, he has said it. "I've already made up my mind for next season — I'll be leaving for the NHL. I'm 100 percent sure of that." Those are his words. Nobody is forcing him to play in the NHL, it's him who wants to, and people like you are the ones who want to stop him from doing what he wants. The Penguins are not forcing him to do anything. This is so simple that it's ridiculous I'm having to explain it.
You don't have to explain it, for it wasn't even warranted.

Because they don't own him. Malkin is a free man. He can decide in what league he wants to play.
Unless his contract is deemed legitimate. Metallurg never said that they want a compensation just because they developed him. They want a compensation for his contract.
But this is the simple business austerity that will screw Russian hockey for years to come. If you make an investment all your life and barely get anything in return, there's no point in making another investment. You say "they didn't have to do it", "it was their choice." Okay, fine. It was their choice to invest money in Malkin to get one good competitive season out of him, and then see him go to America where his fate (within the NHL, that is) will be decided by people who'll want to exploit him even more. NHL means business. Pittsburg obviously wants to make money off of Malkin, more than Metallurg should ask for and will ask for. But it's the Russian clubs that we call greedy, riiight.
There is a reason why Malkin and Ovechkin are "outliers" who're gonna be helping Russian hockey in the future. The general trend is much more obvious. It's easier to invite a guy like Pavel Rosa and pay him millions than wait for kids to develop and then get leave on the first plane to North America. And that's what Russian club owners will do, since they're also there for the money, much like owners of the NHL clubs. However, kids don't "just develop" in Russia on the streets. Putin's administration does more than Yeltsin's, but it's not enough. Kids develop through these clubs' academies. But these clubs want to win and minimize costs at doing so. But of course this side is not a part of our conversation, because it makes slaves out guys like Evgeni Malkin.
I understand all of this. However, you don't seem to understand that the fact that Metallurg has been nice and developed him over all these years gives them ZERO rights on him beyond whatever contract he voluntarily entered into with them.
From the contractual point, yes, it gives them zero rights. And I think that it shouldn't be like that. Russian hockey works like European soccer. I don't like it, but Russia is not a country wherein kids play sports just for recreation and wherein parents can easily afford to get a kid through the leagues. This is a sad reality. But applying the "American model" to Russia will screw Russia because Russia doesn't have the societal and legislative backbone that Canada and United States so fortunaly possess. There will be less Malkins simply because there will be NO POINT in making them; and the way Crosbys are made in North America will not apply to Russia.
Over the course of his career, Malkin will make more money playing in the NHL. Don't try to deny that, you're just going to look stupid. Over the course of a career, a player of the caliber of Malkin or Ovechkin can expect to earn up to 100M$. He won't make that playing in Russia.
I'm talking about next season and season after that, and season after that. That makes it three years. For the next three years he'd make around 3-4 million dollars in Russia, as well, maybe more. I can assure you that it is a large amount of money in that country. He wouldn't be starving.

You want to deny him to right of choosing where he wants to play and what he wants to do with his life. And what's comical is that these kind of thoughts are coming from young people who haven't lived in Russia for years and live in the priviledge of North America, yet don't want to let people like Malkin decide where they want to live and work.
I've lived in Russia when it was reeeaaallly bad. I mean reaaalllly bad. Until approximately 1998. But let me assure that if I were able to make 4 million dollars in Russia over the course of my life, I'd be very happy, especially nowadays, when it's improving a little. Now, if I also were a good hockey players of course I'd want to move to the NHL. And while it's a moot point as to what I'd really do, it wouldn't be absurd for me to also realize that if it weren't for the club that invested money in me, I wouldn't get where I am right now. That would be reasonable.

What is different ? Ovechkin was raised by Dynamo just like Malkin no ? Beyond the short-term contractual obligations, what's the difference ?
Difference was that he was out of contract. Then Dynamo went and said he actually signed another contract with them last summer, so he should come back. I really don't know if he did or not, so I don't wanna comment on it. I thought you were aware of the situation.

It's not about your personal freedom and wealth. It's about your dictating whether Malkins and Ovechkins should be able to come to North America.
They should. Under certain provisions.
I say nationalistic youth because they are the ones whose fanatical love of a motherland
You say what you really have no way of knowing, though. Just something fun to write down and piss people off.
where they haven't lived for decade blinds their vision and inhibits their ability to think clearly (for instance, your belief that since Metallurg has been nice to Malkin, that gives them the right to decide his future; or your idea that NHL teams are somehow able to force players to play for them).
The way you're able to twist my words around is astounding. Pravda would be amazed.
Never have I said that NHL teams force players to play for them. And the first part you got partially right. Dictating the future - it happens. First of all, if you sign a contract, then your future is "dictated" to an extent already. Be it NHL (Yashin, who ran away from his contract and had to pay retribution), or Russia (Malkin signed a contract, as well). Second of all, If Malkin wants to play in the NHL, then within the NHL his future will be dictated. For a player of his calibre, there's shouldn't be any other alternative, I understand that. NHL is the NHL.
If you think about it, Metallurg can't dictate his future, either. The guy can sit on his couch in front of the TV and eat doritos all day, not like they care. But here are the two things: First, if he has a contract with Metallurg and decides to bypass everything and simply go to the NHL (which he won't do, but if that's the case, theoretically) - then Metallurg has all the right to go to court. Kinda would suck, considering that it's a nuisance for the kid and such. But an American precedent is badly needed. Something that will say clearly once and for all: "Russian contracts are illegitimate because there are inconsistencies in Russian law."
And second - I personally think there should be compensation. But that shouldn't make me nationalist or whatever you want to call me. Not that it should matter, since you personally don't know me anyway, but it's a little bit discouraging that you will call any person trying to defend his original country as nationalistic. Any person in Russia, through his or her broken English, will tell you that a compensation is warranted. This is what I believe, as well. It has nothing to do with my eyes being blinded by my love for Mother Russia.

And in contrast, Russian hockey players in general are much more progressive and open-minded about letting people live and work where they want.
Depends. Many Russian hockey players want their clubs to get just compensation. Malkin is one of them. So I don't see my opinion being any different from Evgeni's.

You complained that as a former resident of a small Pacfic coast town, you wouldn't get to see Malkin because he would be snatched up by a big club. My point is, who cares ? Malkin has the right to go anywhere he wants. He doesn't have a duty to entertain Russians.
Malkin won't care, you won't care, and I currently probably won't care since I would want to see him play. But if some fans who take hockey seriously will complain, I won't blame them. It doesn't make Malkin any less legitimate, but it doesn't make the Russian fans' opinions any less legitimate. And I talk to Russian fans a lot, having to mostly defend the NHL because, quite frankly, NHL's ways aren't very much liked in Russia.

But Russia is a more nationalistically-minded country. Or maybe patriotism would be a better word, I don't know. They're still dwelling on their Olympic 4th place, while Americans didn't even care to begin with. Many countries in the world are similar in this regard.
Yes, "it'd be nice" as a gesture, but it's not an obligation. You really don't seem to understand that when Metallurg decides to take on a kid, it does so voluntarily. Its benevolence....
My point being is that there'd be less and less such benevolences that will turn into great hockey players. Many Russian governors now are inclining into the direction of popularizing the sport amongst the youths and stop funding teams like Metallurg with millions of dollars. Maybe this is even better, who cares. The NHL won't be getting any more Malkins or Ovechkins, though.

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
Kirk Muller said:
The National Hockey League is the most competitive hockey league in the world. It's the 500 best hockey players in the world
Most of the 500 best players. Malkin for instance is definitely one of the 500 best players.

Kirk Muller said:
The only difference is that basically every single player in the NHL is better than every single player in the SEL.
Jörgen Jönsson (famous SELer although probably not the best) is worse than even the worst NHL player ? Based on what ??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad