Pre-Game Talk: Make your final predictions HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack809f

Jan 15, 2010
Palm Beach Florida
Stay patient

thats definitely a hefty price but id be tempted....

id be more inclined to do it if it was sbisa invalid......then sign halak to be our goalie and briere for our 2nd line center role......if we did that id feel very good about our team (though i doubt the payroll will be allowed to get this high)

Moulson-JT-Ryan
Bailey-Briere-Okposo
Grabner-Nelson--?
Mcdonald-Cizikas-Martin

Sbisa-Hamonic
Amac-Visnovsky
Donovan-Strait

Why trade draft picks and prospects to improve the team incrementally? I don't want to win another round in the playoffs next year at the expense of building a cup contender for years to come.

kuwo

Jun 2, 2010
SVK
With the 15th selection the Islanders pick Frederic Gauthier...

Later round selections will be some combination of a North American goalie (Desrosiers), Swedish developmental defender (Djuse), USHL forward (Cammarata), grinding forward from canadian juniors with upside(Verhaeghe) and some unknown high-school kid :)

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
- Isles trade down with San Jose and/or Montreal and pick Ryan Hartman.
- They use both their 2nd and 5th round picks on a goalie (Jarry & Högberg?)
- They pick Hudson Fasching in the 3rd
- In the 7th they pick Myles Bell
- They make at least one minor deal just involving draft picks

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I really feel like the Isle will be trading the pick but if they stay or even trade down my top 3 are Domi, Horvat and then Lazar.

No dmen or goalie in the first round. Hell, no D this draft.

We need to sign D, not draft more of them. Horvat is the guy, I don't want any part of Domi however. Max is small and inconsistent and Horvat helped him obtain his lofty numbers. Bo knows hockey!!!!!

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
A lot of people are predicting that the Isles will trade down and then take one of the names we've all been hearing in the 10-25 range. I just don't think that's going to happen. Heck, I threw out that they'll take William Carrier at 15 (without trading down) and he's not even a name we're hearing in the 10-25 range. The reason? Because if they really want a specific player are they really going to take the chance they'll lose him just to get a 2nd round pick? And does anyone remember Calvin DeHaan and the multiple trade-UP to get a guy at #12 who was rated in the mid-20s?

Unless they go WAY off the boards or have a few guys they really like, they're not trading down.

petrocelli

I love the Draft!!
Jan 5, 2009
Ok boys, it's come down to this..... Basically for me, I want to see something dynamic in a prospect, preferably in a category such as size, speed, hands and leadership, to go along with an overall game that is at least on par with the other prospects.....

I see alot more dynamic traits in a few of the defensemen we may be able to snag in the #15 range, than I do from the forwards.... From the forwards, the only forwards that stand out that I think will land in the #15 range, are

Max Domi: elite skating and puck skills. Although short, built like a bull. Very hard to knock off balance. So although his size is looked at as a negative, with his thicknes, speed and low center of gravity, it actually is a plus.

along with Domi, I like Frederick Gauthier for his elite size for a centerman 6'4-6'6 range with a long reach, as well as an elite ability to play defense (without sacrificing offense).. Thinks the game really well......

As far as the rest of the forwards such as Horvat, Lazar, Matha, etc......... They all are lacking in either size, passion/drive, elite scoring, speed........ For instance, a guy like Horvat.. He doesnt have elite size, nor skating or scoring ability... I question how much better is he going to get, and how much was he carried by Domi and a good overall team. Players like Mantha face other questions.

On defense, three players stand out for the #15 range.... Nikita Zadorov, Sam Morin and Ryan Pulock..

What Pulock lacks in size comapred to Zadorov and Morin, Pulock makes up in a refined game, leadership and shot that are NHL ready, compared to Morin, who has a high upside, but may be the biggest project and 3-5 years away (perhaps?)..

So what do I see special about these defensemen??

Zadorov tops my list....great size at 6'5 230 pounds.. His body is alot thicker than is Morin's, thus I feel Zadorov is physically alot more ready for the NHL than is Morin. Along with great size for Zadorov, is a physical style of play, hits hard, doesn't back down, but yet carries the puck well, skates really well for a big man, and has alot of two-way talent.

Morin is very similar to Zadorov, excepr Morin has a bit more of a mean-streak.. Loves to fight... Has ELITE size at 6'6, and although he is only 200 pounds now, he'll grow into his frame eventually and end up around 220ish, down the road. What separates Morin from others is elite size, elite toughness, and for a big man, is a great skater. It's his skating ability that helps separate him, and will help his offensive game develop as well. Morin is big, intimidating, and TOUGH!! Something we lack!!

Lastly, Ryan Pulock.... Ryan isn't in the 6'5-6'7 range, like Zadorov or Morin, but the last time I checked, 6'1 and about 210 pounds is a verywell built defensive prospect. So what separates Ryan. Well Ryan has a refined game. You could call him a "veteran prospect", as he has already played 3 junior seasons. What separates Ryan is he is a leader. He was the captain of his Brandon team and he is very good pucvk mover with an elite shot. He will help bring the puck up ice and when given the opportunity, unload a huge shot. Ryan has put up huge numbers in juniors and will probably be NHL ready much sooner than many other prospects. Ryan is pretty much a can't miss top-4 defenseman. So overall, I would say it's his leadership and offensive ability that separate him..

and there you have it folks... my top 5 players for thh Islanders at #15:

Max Domi
Nikita Zadorov
Frederick Gauthier
Ryan Pulock
Samuel Morin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad