Pre-Game Talk: Make your final predictions HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Just thought of something. I really love Domi as a player, and love that the NHL network have the Isle's picking him in the mock. BUT, I'm having terrible flashbacks, 2003, the Islanders pick Robert Nilsson, the son of a former NHL'er Kent Nilsson. 2013, Isles pick Max Domi, son of a former NHL player Tie Domi. Yikes !!

But if we pass on him, you get to flashback to the same draft when we passed on Zach Parise, son of former NHLer, JP Parise, so either.way it is pretty meaningless.

That said, I am predicting Lazar or Horvat.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
To be fair, how he said it was:

15 for 20 & 58

then

20 for 29 & 54

Isles would then effectively trade the 15 for 29, 54 & 58.

I get that. That's what I said. I just don't see why anyone would do that lol that's just giving picks away.

Menwithouthat tricks

Dec 25, 2002
Visit site
My main prediction: Zykov. No trade-down or straight trade of pick.

Looks like Morin is rising, he might get picked before our spot. I don't think we take a d-man unless Ristolainen falls to us. Pulock might be a possibility but I think he falls below where he is ranked, along with Shinkaruk, Lazar, maybe Zadorov too.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
General Reminder

We have a draft thread for 'chatting' about draft possibilities and what everyone's thoughts and prefernces are.

This thread is intended for everyone to make a 'money down' prediction of what exactly the Isles do tomorrow. Name the guy the Isles take or if the pick is moved, name what it's moved for.

Get bold people!

It'll be fun to come back afterwards and see if anyone nailed it.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Islanders will trade down, my prediction is to San Jose

15 for 20 and 50

If we stay at 15 we pick Lazar, if we trade down to 20 we pick Fucale

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
If I can elaborate even further on the entire draft and not just the Islanders.

1) Jones will slip to pick #4
2) Horvat will go before teammate Domi
3) Fucale will be a top 20 pick.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
We have a draft thread for 'chatting' about draft possibilities and what everyone's thoughts and prefernces are.

This thread is intended for everyone to make a 'money down' prediction of what exactly the Isles do tomorrow. Name the guy the Isles take or if the pick is moved, name what it's moved for.

Get bold people!

It'll be fun to come back afterwards and see if anyone nailed it.

Good point.

Isles stand pat and select Max Domi with the 15th pick. Isles strongly consider trading the 15th to San Jose for the 20th and 50th but decide, quality over quantity with how strong the pool is.

Islander Prophet

Oct 31, 2010
London, UK
I have a feeling we make a trade for a really good forward tomorrow.

We're gonna trade our 15th overall along with one or two other good young players in exchange for a top forward that will play with Tavares

RichOnTheLI

Jan 11, 2006
Long Island
www.twitter.com
Snow trades #15 to move up to #12 then says:

"I would first like to thank the 10,000 fans at the Nassau County Coliseum. With the #12 pick, the Islanders select Ryan Pulock."

Then everyone takes a picture with the little cubby kid!

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Because I saw an interview with him earlier and he just oozes character and maturity (things the Isles put heavy emphasis on)...

Zach Fucale

Not even saying that's who I want, but the kid reeks of a future star in the league.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I see your very wise prediction and raise you...

I predict the Isles will have at least one player by the end of the first round.

Seriously this could be wild tomorrow not just from an Isles perspective, but the NHL overall. I'm quite excited as deep drafts like this are always more fun, but then you add in the amount of big names that are already FA's and the amount that could be traded and I cannot wait. I'm taking tomorrow off to soak in all the rumors and pre-draft hype I can absorb.

Bring it. :yo:

It seems like new rumors are flying out every 10 minutes its really crazy and I hope it's absolute mayhem with tons of deals going down.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
Prediction: Isles do nothing, draft a forward at 15. TSN/NBCSN guys say it is a good pick. Isles' fans undoubtably panic and take to the interwebs to complain.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Or prospects are over flowing why move down and grab less talented prospects. This is where you go for quality not quantity. We have quantity and a lot of the are quality.

Agreed. I don't see the point of moving down just to grab 2nd and 3rd rounders. Makes no sense for the Isles. I think they either just pick at 15, since the Isles don't have a 2nd rounder that would probably be necessary to move up, or they move the pick for a player (Seems doubtful. Picks are cheap, players are not.)

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
I say we draft Scott Scissions again because THIS TIME it's going to work out for sure...

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
People are mentioning Horvat, and he seems really good, but I think there's about a zero chance he's still there at #15 (could go top 10). I think Domi will still be there and the Isles will pass. Morin will be gone by 15 (maybe to Flyers at #11).

What do I think will happen? Lazar seems like the no-brainer, but that's been said a few times already and really I have no idea. So I'll throw this out there because I think it's crazy AND feasible:

There are several players that posters here really like that are still available at #15. So Garth Snow comes to the podium and announces the Isles pick as William Carrier and the board goes berserk. That's it: William Carrier. I hardly heard of him until I stumbled on his profile a little while ago. Totally seems like the kind of kid the Isles draft, and he's kind of under the radar.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
this might sound a little childish, as i am not really stating specifics or who i would give up....

but i want the isles to make a trade for an impact player for JT

the situation and market will never be better....why not fill a major need at below average market prices?

this event (or non-event) will be how i grade snow's tenure as GM thus far.....he will undoubtedly be talking tomorrow (like any other year), but this year he needs to pull the trigger....there are good deals to be had

anything less and i will be disappointed, no matter who we pick

disles1

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
After years of saying it Garth finally moves our #1 to immediately improve the team.

To ANA - Nielsen, Nino, # 1 and Kabanov for Bobby Ryan and either Hiller OR Sbisa

:yo:

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
After years of saying it Garth finally moves our #1 to immediately improve the team.

To ANA - Nielsen, Nino, # 1 and Kabanov for Bobby Ryan and either Hiller OR Sbisa

:yo:

thats definitely a hefty price but id be tempted....

id be more inclined to do it if it was sbisa invalid......then sign halak to be our goalie and briere for our 2nd line center role......if we did that id feel very good about our team (though i doubt the payroll will be allowed to get this high)

Moulson-JT-Ryan
Bailey-Briere-Okposo
Grabner-Nelson--?
Mcdonald-Cizikas-Martin

Sbisa-Hamonic
Amac-Visnovsky
Donovan-Strait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad