Pre-Game Talk: Make your final predictions HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
For those interested, I think we should all make a FINAL prediction heading up to the begin of the draft. It's not about what could happen. It's not about what you'd like to see happen. It's not about what you think should happen.

Predict one thing: What will the Islanders do tomorrow!?!?

MY PREDICTION:
Seeing the top four guys on their 'Could realistically be there by 15' list - 3 forwards and 1 Dman - gone by the time the Islander pick is up, the Islanders send the #15 to SJS for 20 and 58. At 20, they then drop down with DAL, sending the Stars the #20 for #s 29 and 54.

With the 29th pick, they take Steve Santini.

With the two 2nd rounders they grab a forward and a goalie.

What do YOU say they will do???

Beastrt

Jun 14, 2011
We would like to thank all the fans at the draft party at the nassau coliseum, with the 15th overall pick the new york islanders select Curtis Lazar of the Edmonton Oil Kings.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
We would like to thank all the fans at the draft party at the nassau coliseum, with the 15th overall pick the new york islanders select Curtis Lazar of the Edmonton Oil Kings.

That was phrased so well that it makes me think that's exactly what's going to happen.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I predict I have no friggen clue who the Isles will pick. I will predict Hunter Shinkaruk because he is my favorite for the Isles (obviously outside of the top 10 prospects). We will finally have our Zach Parise after messing up 10 years earlier.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
For those interested, I think we should all make a FINAL prediction heading up to the begin of the draft. It's not about what could happen. It's not about what you'd like to see happen. It's not about what you think should happen.

Predict one thing: What will the Islanders do tomorrow!?!?

MY PREDICTION:
Seeing the top four guys on their 'Could realistically be there by 15' list - 3 forwards and 1 Dman - gone by the time the Islander pick is up, the Islanders send the #15 to SJS for 20 and 58. At 20, they then drop down with DAL, sending the Stars the #20 for #s 29 and 54.

With the 29th pick, they take Steve Santini.

With the two 2nd rounders they grab a forward and a goalie.

What do YOU say they will do???

Why would anyone trade a 20,58 for a 29,54 ? Why move 5 back anyway..I wouldn't trade down past 15 at all. If I'm Garth I do all I can moving pick wise just to move up. We don't need any more picks, we need a great pick. Or prospects are over flowing why move down and grab less talented prospects. This is where you go for quality not quantity. We have quantity and a lot of the are quality. IMO you move up as much as possible with your draft picks and select BPA this year. This is also what I believe Snow will do.

TheZec

Mar 19, 2010
Why would anyone trade a 20,58 for a 29,54 ? Why move 5 back anyway..I wouldn't trade down past 15 at all. If I'm Garth I do all I can moving pick wise just to move up. We don't need any more picks, we need a great pick. Or prospects are over flowing why move down and grab less talented prospects. This is where you go for quality not quantity. We have quantity and a lot of the are quality. IMO you move up as much as possible with your draft picks and select BPA this year. This is also what I believe Snow will do.

To be fair, how he said it was:

15 for 20 & 58

then

20 for 29 & 54

Isles would then effectively trade the 15 for 29, 54 & 58.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Can I predict a few names....?

one of Horvat,Lazar,Domi,Rychel,Mantha or Hartman...All forwards...

Who I want....RISTO

Last edited:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I predict the Isles don't pick at 15.

I see your very wise prediction and raise you...

I predict the Isles will have at least one player by the end of the first round.

Seriously this could be wild tomorrow not just from an Isles perspective, but the NHL overall. I'm quite excited as deep drafts like this are always more fun, but then you add in the amount of big names that are already FA's and the amount that could be traded and I cannot wait. I'm taking tomorrow off to soak in all the rumors and pre-draft hype I can absorb.

Bring it. :yo:

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
wang fires Garth and brings back Milbury, who trades Tavares and Hamonic to Colorado for the #1 pick and selects Fucale. He is our future all star goalie and franchise player restoring us to greatness.

Fans slap themselves silly begging to be woken up from a nightmare lol

In reality I see them trading the pick if not we select Bo Hovart

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I see your very wise prediction and raise you...

I predict the Isles will have at least one player by the end of the first round.

Seriously this could be wild tomorrow not just from an Isles perspective, but the NHL overall. I'm quite excited as deep drafts like this are always more fun, but then you add in the amount of big names that are already FA's and the amount that could be traded and I cannot wait. I'm taking tomorrow off to soak in all the rumors and pre-draft hype I can absorb.

Bring it. :yo:

I feel like Value wise and compition wise its the best time to makes some moves for good veteran players....
on NHL.com an nterview with one of the GM's he said Hes never seen this many top/really good players available with so few teams wanting them.He said its usually the other ay around....Feaster even had to remind people that his phone still worked and Cammerlari is available....Im not the Biggest Cammy fan but if we could get him for nothing major I think it would make our team stronger...Lots of Names and potential moves...

I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a frenzy between the CAP going down,Teams trying to free up space, and all rounds on the same day.

If Snow wants to make some KEY upgrades I think we are in a good position CAP and prospect depth wise to do so...

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
My prediction is somebody will fall, the announcers will do their yearly "I expected him to be gone by now!" "How much further can we expect _______ to fall?" dance, then the Islanders will end the slide and take whoever it is.

Beastrt

Jun 14, 2011
My prediction is somebody will fall, the announcers will do their yearly "I expected him to be gone by now!" "How much further can we expect _______ to fall?" dance, then the Islanders will end the slide and take whoever it is.

This is what i always hope will happen and never does. We always take who should go a few picks later and cause the player to slide like fowler, skinner, hamilton. Expect this to happen again when we take lazar over say domi.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Domi, Domi, moo momi, banana fana foo fomi. Me mi moo momi, Domi.

Just thought of something. I really love Domi as a player, and love that the NHL network have the Isle's picking him in the mock. BUT, I'm having terrible flashbacks, 2003, the Islanders pick Robert Nilsson, the son of a former NHL'er Kent Nilsson. 2013, Isles pick Max Domi, son of a former NHL player Tie Domi. Yikes !!

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
This is what i always hope will happen and never does. We always take who should go a few picks later and cause the player to slide like fowler, skinner, hamilton. Expect this to happen again when we take lazar over say domi.

To be fair, we haven't really ever been in a position to take a falling player recently. Tavares, Nino, Strome, Reinhart - they were all taken around where people expected them to go. Bailey was the last "could have gotten him later" selection, and his disappointing play makes me think Garth saves his Leduc-type "I like this guy a lot more than everyone else" selections for the later rounds.

Our late 1st/early 2nd picks confirm this trend - Brock Nelson wasn't off the board, neither were Mayfield or even Pokka.

At least in the 1st round, Garth doesn't go too crazy. Playing it "safe" has netted us Tavares, Strome, and Reinhart - three extremely important pieces to the rebuild. I expect this trend to continue.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I predict our first trade occurs and the first is part of a package. What position we fill is a crap shoot. We basically need one of each (F, D, G).

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
A rising player in the CHL, Morgan Klimchuk. He will be a New York Islander tomorrow.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I really feel like the Isle will be trading the pick but if they stay or even trade down my top 3 are Domi, Horvat and then Lazar.

No dmen or goalie in the first round. Hell, no D this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad