Value of: Make your best offer for Auston Matthews

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Reactions: Space umpire

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
It's still funny to assume he'll go to Arizona, in 2-3 years. It'll be a rebuilding team, " OH BUT HE"ll SELL OUT GAMES AND GO BACK HOME". Yeah? In his prime he'll just wait for kids to build into capable wingers and a D core? Yeah alright boys, Even if they traded all their assets, they may fill a first pairing line with Clayton and get a partner for Jakob. That's a hard reach. If they do draft gold with one of those late round picks it'll still be a reach. If your a young primed center that loves attention, Cali and NY are essentially the go to places if anywhere.
in 3 yrs that team might be in Houston

to quote a movie "you can't go back home, but you can shop there"

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
I like talent. I hope the Leafs do not trade him. It must be fun to watch beautiful goal scoring all year long. He will figure it out in the playoffs.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
If true No one will touch Matthews. Matthews walks in 2024 for free.

Coyotes set to offer Auston Matthews the richest contract in NHL history

Matthews clearly knows first hand how bush league this ownership group is. He trains with the yotes players. You don’t think they talk about per diem. Signing bonuses. The culture there?

so their plan is

1.) 2020. Refuse to pay signing bonuses on time and show how cheap they are to the league in the bubble

2.) 2021. Refuse to pay rent and get kicked out of a building

3.) move into a building and hope that your team will be there in 2024

shed salary and suck and entice Matthews to come and take up max salary and work with a young team.
When that already didnt work in Toronto.

good plan. I’m sure it will work

Last edited:
Reactions: 666 and Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Id consider adding Matthews to our team tho our needs are not exactly a regular season high scoring forward as our top target

To Toronto: Horvat (captain), Myers, Dipietro, Juolevi, Gadvovich, 2022 5th round pick

To Vancity: Matthews, 2022 3rd round pick

Then Canucks would ice:

Miller Pettersson Brock Boeser
Hoglander Matthews Garland
Pearson Dickinson Podzoklzin
Motte Sutter Macewan

Rathbone Hamonic
OEL Hughes
Hunt Pool Man
Lmao, that isn't even remotely close. And Matthews would easily be your 1C if it ever happened..

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I hope so. Always great when a player can play for his home town team if he decides that's the route he wants to go. I just hope he asks the Leafs not to trade him and that he wants to stay with them forever right before he bolts town.

and if they do that. They deserve everything they get

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Sure, trade the farm for Matthews and you get to win the regular season cup. Thats the important one right?.....wait...

No thanks to the smug player, who happens to be the NHL's most expensive choke artist. I can't stand to look at his arrogant face.

Colorado passes, thanks anyway.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Sure, trade the farm for Matthews and you get to win the regular season cup. Thats the important one right?.....wait...

No thanks to the smug player, who happens to be the NHL's most expensive choke artist. I can't stand to look at his arrogant face.

Colorado passes, thanks anyway.

upload_2021-9-9_19-44-59.jpeg

Well the NHL loves putting his face everywhere. His family loves the money and prestige that goes to the leafs star.

he ain’t getting this treatment anywhere else. He isn’t the face of the league in 31 other markets

get used to the arrogant face. The league will plaster JT everywhere as long as he stays with the leafs

Reactions: NMacrules

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
3-way deal

:coyotes
Matthews

:sabres
Hayton
Kerfoot
1st 2022 (ARI)
1st 2022 (TOR)
2nd 2022 (SJS)

:leafs
Eichel (1.5m retained)
Soderstrom

Matthews goes to his UFA destination (home) early. Toronto gets Eichel at a slight discount, and Soderstrom, a very good right side defensive prospect. Buffalo gets excellent futures, including 2 1sts in a deep draft, a very good center prospect, a warm body in Kerfoot, and likely a very high 2nd (almost as good as high 1st).

I would do this.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
A greasy moustache, an attempted car jacking and a couple removable pants.
My best offer, take it or leave it.

If I'm a GM, I'm not gonna accept your offer of Matthew's flaws for Matthew's. That's a bad trade.
View attachment 464230

Well the NHL loves putting his face everywhere. His family loves the money and prestige that goes to the leafs star.

he ain’t getting this treatment anywhere else. He isn’t the face of the league in 31 other markets

get used to the arrogant face. The league will plaster JT everywhere as long as he stays with the leafs

Where did your brain get JT from? I clicked on the last page btw so maybe I missed something.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
View attachment 464230

Just remembered that's the Rocket Richard winner right there.

Dang. I know the Leafs suck in the post season, but I'm pumped for the upcoming regular one.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
View attachment 464230

He isn’t the face of the nhl on any team.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Toronto fans do you think he'll stay or leave as a UFA? He gave no discount and he signed a deal that makes him a UFA at a rather "young" age.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I think he will become the highest paid player ever. If Toronto won't do that, he will be gonzo.

so like 13 million? Sure. Deal.

according to every insider ever Arizona was already planning on Osheet Matthews 15 x 7.

He took the 11.6 x 5 to stay in TO.
Maybe he regrets it and wants to walk.
Maybe he has watched Arizona get kicked out and refused to pay Sb on time and realizes he made the right choice

if he wants to go to LA NY or Az/Houston. As long as we trade him before then do what you gotta do. Can’t lose him for nothing

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Toronto fans do you think he'll stay or leave as a UFA? He gave no discount and he signed a deal that makes him a UFA at a rather "young" age.
i dont think he'll leave. supposedly he wanted an 8 year contract but the money worked out better on a 5 year contract. to lower the cap hit. hes huge in toronto and if he is part of a team that can get to the finals or even win a stanley cup he would be elevated to sundin, gilmour, clark status. or even higher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad