Value of: Make your best offer for Auston Matthews

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Because Marner gets paid just under $11m, I forget that Matthews gets paid almost double MacKinnon and $3m more than Draisaitl.

did you forget that at the time of their contracts Matthews outscored mack by double and he could literally stop playing for 2 years and start the next season with more goals.

matthews was twice the player mack was at the time of his contract. It’s not his fault mackinnon was a terrible for the first 4-5 years of his career

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
did you forget that at the time of their contracts Matthews outscored mack by double and he could literally stop playing for 2 years and start the next season with more goals.

matthews was twice the player mack was at the time of his contract. It’s not his fault mackinnon was a terrible for the first 4-5 years of his career

MacKinnon scored 24 goals and 63 points as a rookie. I'd say Matthews wasn't quite double the player even after a couple of years of the Avs sucking.

And highlighting Matthews' salary isn't saying he is bad, he is clearly one of the best scorers in the league, however, $11.6m is too much.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
3-way deal

:coyotes
Matthews

:sabres
Hayton
Kerfoot
1st 2022 (ARI)
1st 2022 (TOR)
2nd 2022 (SJS)

:leafs
Eichel (1.5m retained)
Soderstrom

Matthews goes to his UFA destination (home) early. Toronto gets Eichel at a slight discount, and Soderstrom, a very good right side defensive prospect. Buffalo gets excellent futures, including 2 1sts in a deep draft, a very good center prospect, a warm body in Kerfoot, and likely a very high 2nd (almost as good as high 1st).

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
he'd only go to AZ, they wont move Chychrun, and
- do they even have a Goalie?

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
he'd only go to AZ, they wont move Chychrun, and
- do they even have a Goalie?

As a leafs fan, I think trading matthews would be incredibly stupid. But if it were to happen, I’d actually prefer a plethora of futures with Chychrun, then a starting goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad