Make some bold predictions for this season

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I think Doug does something big at the TDL and it propels us into a very deep playoff run.

I like that idea, but im not sure where this player would play. Not much room on the top 9 unless there’s a significant injury. To acquire a player better than our current top 9 would take one of our big 4.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I like that idea, but im not sure where this player would play. Not much room on the top 9 unless there’s a significant injury. To acquire a player better than our current top 9 would take one of our big 4.

Can you recall a season that didn't have a significant injury? That being said, I don't see any huge moves at the deadline. Making a big splash at the deadline doesn't mean a team's chances to win the Cup are any better, and the kids will be even better next year.

My bold prediction? Just winging it here, but how about Blues vs. Lightning in the Finals? Yeah, that seems bold enough.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Jake Allen plays at an above average level for the majority of the season+ postseason.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
David Perron puts up 60 points, and looks like an absolute steal of signing and blends with Schwartz and Schenn perfectly.

Barbashev plays like 2 seasons ago Barbashev instead of last season Barbashev, and behind his production we have the best 4th line in the league.

Joel Edmunson starts getting Powerplay time and ends up with another year threatening 10 goals.

Petro wins the Norris.

Bozak and Tarasenko end up having great chemistry, which leads to Bozak actually becoming the winger on the line with O'Reilly, with Thomas centering Steen and Maroon.

Walman ends the season looking like a big plus on the 3rd pairing

San Antonio wins the Calder Cup.

Reactions: Chief Steele

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
These are always bold in a positive direction. Here is some negativity to balance the scales:

- Maroon starts off hot, in January he signs a 5 year $25M contract with an NTC, and then goes in the crapper.
- Armstrong trades away Husso because "Jake is our guy and we need to show him we are committed to winning with him".
- Blues miss the playoffs

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
These are always bold in a positive direction. Here is some negativity to balance the scales:

- Maroon starts off hot, in January he signs a 5 year $25M contract with an NTC, and then goes in the crapper.
- Armstrong trades away Husso because "Jake is our guy and we need to show him we are committed to winning with him".
- Blues miss the playoffs
If those come true, both Yeo and Army would be unemployed by April 15th

Chief Steele

Jun 26, 2018
Thomas ends up with 50 pts

Allen has a bounce back year and carries the team in the playoffs

PK/PP in the top 5

CP has 50 pts and starts to hit

Dunn breaks 40 pts

Kyrou and Walmen are on the team to start the playoffs

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
If those come true, both Yeo and Army would be unemployed by April 15th

They probably won't come true, as I did go for bold. However I think they will be a lot closer than many of the other predictions here. Maroon will sign multi-year $4M+, maybe not 5x5 which is worse case scenario on Caphit and term. We will come closer point-wise to missing the playoffs than winning the division. And we may not trade Husso but Jake will be the man no matter how bad he plays.

As for Yeo being fired, that one is quite possible. Not Armstrong though.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Jake Allen has a .920 save percentage. Blues fans complain anyway because of his supposed attitude or pads color or something equally stupid.

Jordan Kyrou fails to impress and isn’t in the lineup for more than 10 games.

Vladimir Tarasenko goes PPG.

Robert Thomas is playing on the top line by the end of the season.

Jay Bouwmeester has a nice rebound season and begrudgingly has fans happy he’s still here.

The power play improves but it’s the penalty kill that really surprises (in part because of the goalie).

Vince Dunn has a sophomore slump at some point. and fans foolishly call for Walman to replace him.

Patrick Maroon jerseys sell better than every other player not named Tarasenko or O’Reilly.

Tyler Bozak becomes the first Blue in more than a decade to wear 21 and have a last name starting with B that isn’t disliked by 75 percent of the fanbase.

Alex Steen becomes uncomfortably noticeable in a bad way that he’s no longer a good top 6 option for this team.

At least 25 times this year a post is made asking for Yeo to be fired before Christmas.

Ranksu shows genuine optimism after New Years.

At least one person thinks I’m personally attacking them here without naming them.

Robby Fabbri proves he can be a top 6 forward again and everyone gets majorly turned on at what could be.

The Blues make the playoffs and beat Nashville in 7 games in the first round before falling to Winnipeg in 6 games as is customary.

Reactions: Majorityof1

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
@Falco Lombardi had some good predictions but left a few vague. So I thought I'd put my spin on them. My clarifications in bold.

Jake Allen has a .920 save percentage against shots so low-danger a 6 year-old could stop them all. Blues fans complain anyway because of his supposed attitude or pads color or something equally stupid like staying in or near the crease when the opposing team has the puck.

Jordan Kyrou fails to impress and isn’t in the lineup for more than 10 games for the Cardinals. They are desperate but Jordan has to report to Blues camp.

Vladimir Tarasenko goes PPG. PPG = Powerpuff Girl. Vladdy goes full-on Powerpuff girl
fullppg.jpg

Robert Thomas is playing on the top line by the end of the season in the OHL.

The power play improves but it’s the penalty kill that really surprises (in ever so very small part because of the goalie who stopped 4 of the 500 shots while the D had to block the rest).

Vince Dunn has a sophomore slump at some point. and fans foolishly call for Walman to replace him until someone posts his fight in the AHL and fans no longer care how he plays.

Patrick Maroon jerseys sell better than every other player not named Tarasenko or O’Reilly which will coincide with a rise in the number of effigies being burned in the St Louis area.

Tyler Bozak becomes the first Blue in more than a decade to wear 21 and have a last name starting with B that isn’t disliked by 75 percent of the fanbase. Only 73 percent will dislike him. Way to go Boz.

Alex Steen becomes uncomfortably noticeable in a bad way that he’s no longer a good top 6 option for this team. Until Pietrangelo tells him those types of jokes are no longer appropriate. Then he no longer makes people uncomfortable and goes back to being the same 45-50 point defensively responsible player he always is.

At least 25 times this year a post is made asking for Yeo to be fired before Christmas. Then Majority of 1 gets bored with posting the same thing over and over.....wait, no, they'll keep going after that.

Ranksu shows genuine optimism after New Years until he passes out. When he sobers up in the morning he is the same Ranksu as always. Board regulars will talk of the great New Years of '18 for decades to come.

At least one person thinks I’m personally attacking them here without naming them. Is this an attack on me?

Robby Fabbri proves he can be a top 6 forward again and everyone gets majorly turned on at what could be. How did you know "what could be" was my turn on....oh, majorly, not majority....never mind......

The Blues make the playoffs and beat Nashville in 7 games in the first round before falling to Winnipeg in 6 games as is customary. In other news, customary was redefined as something that happens for the first time ever.

;) :sarcasm: In case it doesn't go without saying, just kidding, all in good fun, hugs to you, Falco

Last edited:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
@Falco Lombardi had some good predictions but left a few vague. So I thought I'd put my spin on them. My clarifications in bold.

Jake Allen has a .920 save percentage against shots so low-danger a 6 year-old could stop them all. Blues fans complain anyway because of his supposed attitude or pads color or something equally stupid like staying in or near the crease when the opposing team has the puck.

Jordan Kyrou fails to impress and isn’t in the lineup for more than 10 games for the Cardinals. They are desperate but Jordan has to report to Blues camp.

Vladimir Tarasenko goes PPG. PPG = Powerpuff Girl. Vladdy goes full-on Powerpuff girl
View attachment 131741

The power play improves but it’s the penalty kill that really surprises (in ever so very small part because of the goalie who stopped 4 of the 500 shots while the D had to block the rest).

Vince Dunn has a sophomore slump at some point. and fans foolishly call for Walman to replace him until someone posts his fight in the AHL and fans no longer care how he plays.

Patrick Maroon jerseys sell better than every other player not named Tarasenko or O’Reilly which will coincide with a rise in the number of effigies being burned in the St Louis area.

Tyler Bozak becomes the first Blue in more than a decade to wear 21 and have a last name starting with B that isn’t disliked by 75 percent of the fanbase. Only 73 percent will dislike him. Way to go Boz.

Alex Steen becomes uncomfortably noticeable in a bad way that he’s no longer a good top 6 option for this team. Until Pietrangelo tells him those types of jokes are no longer appropriate. Then he no longer makes people uncomfortable and goes back to being the same 45-50 point defensively responsible player he always is.

At least 25 times this year a post is made asking for Yeo to be fired before Christmas. Then Majority of 1 gets bored with posting the same thing over and over.....wait, no, they'll keep going after that.

Ranksu shows genuine optimism after New Years until he passes out. When he sobers up in the morning he is the same Ranksu as always. Board regulars will talk of the great New Years of '18 for decades to come.

At least one person thinks I’m personally attacking them here without naming them. Is this an attack on me?

Robby Fabbri proves he can be a top 6 forward again and everyone gets majorly turned on at what could be. How did you know "what could be" was my turn on....oh, majorly, not majority....never mind......

The Blues make the playoffs and beat Nashville in 7 games in the first round before falling to Winnipeg in 6 games as is customary. In other news, customary was redefined as something that happens for the first time ever.

;) :sarcasm: In case it doesn't go without saying, just kidding, all in good fun, hugs to you, Falco

You may be sliding into Ranksu territory :laugh:

Reactions: STLomacneko

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

View attachment 131741

This made my morning.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
- Tarasenko doesn't increase his production from last year, people worry he is regressing and he is involved in more trade discussion than ever before
- Schwartz has best season of career, hits 70 points and leads team
- Maroon impresses and outperforms Fabbri all season
- Johnson pulls a Hutton and we have a goalie controversy by December - and still going as we enter the first round
- By the end of the season, 90% of the board is in agreement to move Steen in the Summer
- Barbashev enters bust territory and does largely nothing all season. Produces at Sundqvist-level and plays about 50 games tops
- Thorburn is waived in the first month, replaced by Nolan
- Soshnikov, against all odds, lasts an entire game at full health before finally injuring himself in game #2. He had a good run and people hope he can get back to that level of iron-man

I'm not a fan of going too bold because I think you generally need to keep it realistic but these are mine.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Allen plays like he did in 2015-16, and The Blues compile 110 points. They beat Nashville in the first PO series, but lose 4 games to 3 to Winnipeg in The Western Finals (can that happen if they finish 2nd in The Central? Or would they have to face the winner of The Pacific?

Perron scores 60 points playing with Schwartz and Schenn. Tarasenko scores 45 goals and tops 70 points, Schenn tops 70 points, Schwartz tops 65 points (misses a few games). Dunn scores 35 points, Parayko will score 40, with 12 goals. Thomas scores 17 goals and 38 points. Kyrou scores 6 goals and 11 assists in 35 games.

Husso plays 31 games, and has a .925 save %.

Ranksu changes his avatar again, and likes The team better than last years.

I post on the wrong thread between periods of a Blues' game. :naughty:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
- Johnson pulls a Hutton and we have a goalie controversy by December - and still going as we enter the first round
I'll do you one better: Chad Johnson has a +.920 SV%.

Seriously, I think folks are sleeping on Johnson a bit. Behind a good defense, the guy has proven he can put up good numbers.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
Johnson takes Allen’s job like all our backups do.

Dunn quaterbacks the power play like Tom Brady.

Barbashev has a break out year.

Thomas wins Calder as he starts to get 1st/2nd line mins.

Schenn looks more outstanding than Tarasenko (is it really a surprise tho).

Tarasenko actually shoots the puck some more.

Bozak makes more of an impact than people expect.

We uhhhhhhhhhhhwinthecuporatleastgetthere

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura

He actually had a career high in shots last season with an almost career low shooting%

Reactions: DoubleK81

Mar 6, 2012
Petro winning the Norris right before his contract expires would actually be pretty bad for the Blues.

Reactions: Stealth JD

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Define this. What constitutes a breakout season?

I’m not trying to be a dick, I’m just genuinely curious. I don’t think he’s got any real shot at top 9 minutes especially if Thomas and/or Kyrou make the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad