Make some bold predictions for this season

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I am so happy for Blues fans. Wanted to follow them closer than I have this year, but there are only so many teams a person can follow. But I mean it when I posted in this thread earlier this season. Glad Yeo is gone. And Berube has done a marvelous job. Congrats Blues on making it back to be 6 pts up on a playoff spot.

Make some bold predictions for this season

Reactions: simon IC

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
Johnson takes Allen’s job like all our backups do.

Dunn quaterbacks the power play like Tom Brady.

Barbashev has a break out year.

Thomas wins Calder as he starts to get 1st/2nd line mins.

Schenn looks more outstanding than Tarasenko (is it really a surprise tho).

Tarasenko actually shoots the puck some more.

Bozak makes more of an impact than people expect.

We uhhhhhhhhhhhwinthecuporatleastgetthere
I was prob under the influence or something. Go Barbie tho.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Blues squeeze into the playoffs as WC2, cross over to the Pacific bracket, defeat SJS in 6, beat VGK in 5 and lose the WCF in 7 to WPG.
Nope, not even close.

Tarasenko shoots 15%, to the tune of 43 goals and hits 80 points.
12 SH% 33G-35A-68P. Nope.

ROR achieves a career high 67 points, with an impressive 6 SHG.
New career high of 77P, 1 SHG.

Dunn exceeds the board's general expectations and hits 33 points.
35P. I'm going to count this.

Husso only plays 3 NHL games.
0 NHL games played.

Allen is only pulled 5 times throughout the regular season.
Uuuhhhh, walking away...

Our PP ranks 17th in the league.
10th. Nope.

Our PK climbs back into the top 10.
9th!

We finish 4th in GA.
3 way T-6th.

2.5/9. I'm on the board!

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I think Doug does something big at the TDL and it propels us into a very deep playoff run.

Who ever this guy is he nailed this. The fact Doug had the balls not to trade half the team like everyone around the NHL wanted him to was that big move.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
This might be the best prediction of the 2018-2019 NHL season.

It is. I’m guessing what brought it to light for him was the summer tournament last year. Does anyone remember what tournament that was? Remember, Tyler Seguin was Captain and they took turns picking players for their team. And Seguin made Binnington his 1st pick. And then Binnington makes a big save at end of game to preserve the win. I’ve tried to find the footage of it but couldn’t. But there was a video of showing Seguin making that pick. Funny and strange the media didn’t bring this up during the Dallas series. Of course when the local Blues media is weak, what do you expect.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
It is. I’m guessing what brought it to light for him was the summer tournament last year. Does anyone remember what tournament that was? Remember, Tyler Seguin was Captain and they took turns picking players for their team. And Seguin made Binnington his 1st pick. And then Binnington makes a big save at end of game to preserve the win. I’ve tried to find the footage of it but couldn’t. But there was a video of showing Seguin making that pick. Funny and strange the media didn’t bring this up during the Dallas series. Of course when the local Blues media is weak, what do you expect.

Bio Steel camp. ROR was also on Seguin’s team.

Reactions: Bluesguru

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

You mean this video, of Binny being drafted #1 and McDavid going #2?

Not the greatest clip by a long shot, but somewhat surprising.

Edit : Tried to find game footage, but no dice.

Last edited:

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Ryan O'Reilly comes in and immediately sets about destroying his Western Conference competitors at center using the force and his giant blue G.A.R. chart lightsaber. He wills the Blues to their 1st Stanley Cup and finshes the season with 90 points. JoeThorntonsRooster then comes in to the Cup celebration thread and proclaims that ROR still isn't "elite" because the new arbitrary # for being elite is now 91 points.

Nice prediction.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad