Make some bold predictions for this season

Chief Steele

Jun 26, 2018
Define this. What constitutes a breakout season?

I’m not trying to be a dick, I’m just genuinely curious. I don’t think he’s got any real shot at top 9 minutes especially if Thomas and/or Kyrou make the team.

if Barbs is on the 4th line or splitting time on 3rd and 4th, I would say 15G 15A for 30 points would be good for him, if he some how breaks 20G I think we all would consider that a breakout.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'll do you one better: Chad Johnson has a +.920 SV%.

Seriously, I think folks are sleeping on Johnson a bit. Behind a good defense, the guy has proven he can put up good numbers.
Yep. He was really on Elliott's tail in Calgary. He's actually had multiple very solid seasons. Check out his numbers on the 2016 Sabres, pretty amazing.

It's Hutton 2.0 really. I will not be surprised one bit if he out-performs Allen and we have yet another goalie debate going on. It's the Blues way.

Reactions: stl76

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Reactions: simon IC

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis

I’m not trying to be a dick, I’m just genuinely curious. I don’t think he’s got any real shot at top 9 minutes especially if Thomas and/or Kyrou make the team.
Nah you're good aha. Guess quick bs write-ups have their flaws. The word choice of "breakout" was probably wrong, as he will mainly be third line occasionally breaking the top 9. I'd say he breaks 25-30 points this year. Still believe this guy has at least some untapped potential somewhere...

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Blues trade a healthy Fabbri and Kostin to rent Panarin, roll 4 "scoring" lines, and play thrilling run and gun hockey. They win the Presidents Trophy, despite a much higher GA, a mediocre PK and inconsistent goaltending. But who cares, we can outscore anyone, right? Then we are shut down in the 1st round by a good defensive team with a hot goalie, and management, players and fans alike are reminded that defense is actually important. Panarin then signs with the 'Hawks, and Fabbri and Kostin become regulars for years on Columbus. Hey, Blues fan gonna Blues fan! :)

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Blues trade a healthy Fabbri and Kostin to rent Panarin, roll 4 "scoring" lines, and play thrilling run and gun hockey. They win the Presidents Trophy, despite a much higher GA, a mediocre PK and inconsistent goaltending. But who cares, we can outscore anyone, right? Then we are shut down in the 1st round by a good defensive team with a hot goalie, and management, players and fans alike are reminded that defense is actually important. Panarin then signs with the 'Hawks, and Fabbri and Kostin become regulars for years on Columbus. Hey, Blues fan gonna Blues fan! :)

I hope the Blues would never trade 2 good young cost controlled pieces for a rental. A healthy Fabbri and Kostin are big pieces for our future. Now, if Panarin came with an extension.....

Ps- I’m not ripping you. I know this is all in good fun :)

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia

Yeah, even if injuries pop up, its going to be tough for Barbashev to have consistent scoring opportunities this season. It isnt unlike Jaskin's first few years in the league, great junior scorer, but is getting buried on a deep, veteran roster (and not nearly as talented as guys in his age range). He might have to develop his two way game in order to stay on the ice.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Tarasenko starts off ice cold due to his recovering shoulder and ends up getting entirely too much flack from the facebook fans. Fabbri-O'Reilly-Senko becomes our best line in the playoffs and everyone goes silent.

Bozak doesn't get a goal in October and the facebook fans lose their minds.

Perron meshes very, very well with Schwartz and Schenn, getting 50 points.

Maroon is a PP monster who otherwise plays 4th line minutes and gets a 4 x 4 deal in January that he struggles to live up to.

Maroon-Barby-Jaskin allows us to roll four lines like Vegas to great benefit.

Both Johnson and Allen are slightly above average in net. Even though Allen plays tougher teams and in more games, facebook fans call for his head the entire season and blame every loss on Allen.

J-Bo is a perfectly acceptable third pairing defenseman and plays well on the PK but he's still the biggest liability on the team according to social media crusaders.

Dunn has a sophomore slump defensively but plays well on the second PP unit, so the causals don't notice.

Parakyo-Petro-Eddy play extremely well and allow Allen to be average.

Schmaltz leapfrogs Bortz by February.

We lose three games in a row at some point in January or February and the twitter contingent boast about how disappointed they are and how long they've suffered as Blues fans and request we fire DA because he never did anything to improve the team. Then we go on a winning streak and those same fans disappear from the comment section. (Can you tell how badly facebook comments trigger me?)

Steen keeps regressing to a 3rd liner. He becomes the new Berglund in terms of fan hate even though he shelters Bozak incredibly well.

Thomas fits in with Steen and Bozak and is kept lower in the lineup to shelter minutes.

Fabbri doesn't show the spark of his rookie year but performs well, getting 35-40 points. We still sweat every time he hits the ice.

We take out one of Nashville/Winnipeg in a 7th game first round and fall to the other in a 6 game second round series.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Bozak starts slowly and Toronto fans stop posting insulting Parayko offers and turn to mocking the Blues fans with condescending "we told you he sucked" posts on this forum and sensing blood in the water, start Petro offers for scraps on the main board because "he's just a sheltered, longer term rental after all".

Reactions: simon IC

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Bozak starts slowly and Toronto fans stop posting insulting Parayko offers and turn to mocking the Blues fans with condescending "we told you he sucked" posts on this forum and sensing blood in the water, start Petro offers for scraps on the main board because "he's just a sheltered, longer term rental after all".
How is this bold? Stay on topic, please. :)

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Blues squeeze into the playoffs as WC2, cross over to the Pacific bracket, defeat SJS in 6, beat VGK in 5 and lose the WCF in 7 to WPG.

Tarasenko shoots 15%, to the tune of 43 goals and hits 80 points.

ROR achieves a career high 67 points, with an impressive 6 SHG.

Dunn exceeds the board's general expectations and hits 33 points.

Husso only plays 3 NHL games.

Allen is only pulled 5 times throughout the regular season.

Our PP ranks 17th in the league.

Our PK climbs back into the top 10.

We finish 4th in GA.

EDIT:
My bad... Typo, that was supposed to read WC1.

The thought being the Central is that stacked, I can see Nashville and Winnipeg, potentially Colorado finishing ahead of us... I can't see WC1 matching up against the Central winner, hence the projected crossover to the Pacific.

Last edited:

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Blues win the Central division getting fans hopes up once again, exceed predictions by winning the first round and second rounds then lose in the WCF. I think that is a pretty bold prediction tempered with another typical Blues fan disappointment!!

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Blues win the Central division getting fans hopes up once again, exceed predictions by winning the first round and second rounds then lose in the WCF. I think that is a pretty bold prediction tempered with another typical Blues fan disappointment!!
Dang, who do they lose to from the Pacific bracket?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
We win the cup. The world is saved. Free IMOs for everybody.

Papa John then gets control back of Papa Johns.

Tarasenko goes full Ovechkin and goes on a week long bender that ends with him raising the cup the entire game of a Cubs vs. Cardinals game at Busch. We win the game Oquendo is the manager

And then we all wake up and realize none of it came true

Chief Steele

Jun 26, 2018

Tarasenko goes full Ovechkin and goes on a week long bender that ends with him raising the cup the entire game of a Cubs vs. Cardinals game at Busch. We win the game Oquendo is the manager

Now this is BOLD

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
We get a lot of injured guys early in the season. People will start saying that this is fine, at least they'll be ok and rested for the playoffs.
But as always they forget that early injuries mean we can squeeze double of triple normal amount of injuries into the whole season!

Reactions: STLomacneko

Chief Steele

Jun 26, 2018
For full disclosure I hope that when we win the cup if Tank is with us ( and I think he will be) that is out does Ovie with his celebration! I loved every minute of Ovies time with the cup now Tank has to out do him...

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Blues squeeze into the playoffs as WC2, cross over to the Pacific bracket, defeat SJS in 6, beat VGK in 5 and lose the WCF in 7 to WPG.

Tarasenko shoots 15%, to the tune of 43 goals and hits 80 points.

ROR achieves a career high 67 points, with an impressive 6 SHG.

Dunn exceeds the board's general expectations and hits 33 points.

Husso only plays 3 NHL games.

Allen is only pulled 5 times throughout the regular season.

Our PP ranks 17th in the league.

Our PK climbs back into the top 10.

We finish 4th in GA.

I wanna know how all that good stuff happens and we still only squeeze into the second wild card.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

If I am dreaming, even if I am dreaming about pizza, my dream will neither be free IMOs of all places (Yuck!) nor about a super-wealthy racist re-assuming day-to-day operations of his pizza chain. In my dream I have a pizza portal that delivers pizza from New York's best spots to me in the Mid-West, and Papa John loses all his money so he has to go work as a delivery driver for one of his chains.....that is owned by an African American.

I wanna know how all that good stuff happens and we still only squeeze into the second wild card.

Lol I thought the exact same thing. 4th in GA + career years from two good forwards = 8th best team in the conference...huh?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
If I am dreaming, even if I am dreaming about pizza, my dream will neither be free IMOs of all places (Yuck!) nor about a super-wealthy racist re-assuming day-to-day operations of his pizza chain. In my dream I have a pizza portal that delivers pizza from New York's best spots to me in the Mid-West, and Papa John loses all his money so he has to go work as a delivery driver for one of his chains.....that is owned by an African American.

Lol I thought the exact same thing. 4th in GA + career years from two good forwards = 8th best team in the conference...huh?

In my defense. I was super tired and hungry. I still stand by my claims, and I respectfully decline to comment any further at the moment. I would hope that you all can ensure me and my family privacy during this time of turmoil.

Not really sure where Papa John came in there, may have been some delusion and then I think I got hungry thinking about pizza

Reactions: Majorityof1

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

EDIT:

The thought being the Central is that stacked, I can see Nashville and Winnipeg, potentially Colorado finishing ahead of us... I can't see WC1 matching up against the Central winner, hence the projected crossover to the Pacific.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
EDIT:

If all of that goes right, there is a basically 0% chance we don't finish at least 3rd in the division. Also, what is with the fear of Colorado everyone has? Their D is pretty mediocre, and their biggest free agency moves to fix those holes were Ian Cole and Matt Calvert. With MacKinnon having an all world year they still only beat our team last year that had fallen off a cliff by a single point last year. It took almost a worst case scenario to beat us last year, and we completely upgraded our forward core since.

Reactions: HighNote

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

Is that the place that uses "Provel" cheese? I'm curious... what is it, and is it good?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad