Speculation: Make Chabot Captain now, or next year?

Make Chabot Captain now, or next year?

• Total voters

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
We need someone with good leadership skills and maturity on and off the ice to be captain. Someone like an Auston Matthews. :sarcasm:

Speaking of said individual, is he trying to bring back the 1980's creepy pedophile look, because it certainly isn't November yet.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Speaking of said individual, is he trying to bring back the 1980's creepy pedophile look, because it certainly isn't November yet.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
We see the on-ice product, and hear stuff in the media. It's good enough for me to speculate.

Ya, there were many things that people didn’t like the sound of from the media, they were brushed aside and called lies..
People just pick a player they like the best and decide that’s captain material.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
What is this about Chabot not having the "right personality" to be captain?

He's incredibly well spoken and even tempered, and never gives anything less than 100% on the ice. Remind you of any other guy who wore the C for almost a decade?

And I love Tkachuk as much as anyone here, but I see him more as an assistant captain kind of guy. A "C" would only diminish his ability to be the awesome **** disturber he is.

Reactions: Back in Black

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Does any truly care if we have a captain for the next 2-3 seasons? Let the kids earn it, imo.

2019-20: Three A's (Pageau, Hainsey, Boro)
2020-21: Three A's (Chabot, Tkachuk, Pageau/White)
2021-22: Pick a captain from the young core

^This.

Plenty of time to choose a captain. It's not like the team will fall into the abyss if no one has a C stitched onto their jersey for awhile.

Give it some time, and a natural leader will emerge from the room.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Chabot is the natural choice, but I can see the point in making him wait until next year.

Calm, intense, hard working and able to use his talent take over a game. The fact that he committed to the Sens when he had other options is important. Being a francophone is a bonus, but his overall improvement in the way he handles the media is impressive.

He will have the respect of his teammates for his work ethic and talent and the respect of the officials for his calm, reasonable demeanour.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
If Pageau re-signs, give it to him, otherwise keep rotating A's until one of Chabot, Tkachuk or Brown show they deserve it.

My dark horse pick? Duclair would he awesome in a couple years if he keeps improving.

Reactions: coladin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad