Value of: Make a Trade with Tampa Bay

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
If you are offering a power forward I would want Crouse not Fischer. Change the two and I would consider that deal.

Well, I never offered Crouse and probably won't offer Crouse in this situation, unless it involved a better player than Gourde. You're the one who is saying that Fischer isn't an upgrade on Callahan, so if the expectation is to get an upgrade, I think you will be sorely disappointed. Fischer may have a very similar career to Callahan in the long run, as I could easily see him putting up 2-4 50 point seasons and hitting 20 goals in about 4-6 seasons, all of which were accomplishments that Callahan had (two 50 points seasons and four 20+ goal seasons). Just about every factor favors Fischer as a better player than Callahan going forward for the next 4-8 years, with the only exception being TOI from last year.

Fischer had 33 points in his rookie year and 51 in 151 games over the last two years for arguably the most offensively challenged franchise in the league. Callahan hasn't had over 30 points in 4 years and has 67 points in 210 games while being on a team that has significant offensive upside, as the Lightning have been in the upper 50th percentile in goals scored the last four seasons. Cheaper price + cost-control + age has me thinking that this is a major upgrade considering Callahan also has struggled to stay healthy.

In this deal, you would be giving up two players who play RW in Gourde and Callahan. Obviously, you can shuffle some deck chairs to move some players to RW, but why not pick up a true right handed RW?

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I would do this if I were TBL - *IF* they allowed TB to negotiate extension prior to trade...at right value it's a great trade.

I'm still not sold on Point long-term. It's easy to put up points on an explosive team like TBL...they can score man.
Point is exceptional, and he pretty much drives every line he is on. I don't know why WPG would do that though.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Well, I never offered Crouse and probably won't offer Crouse in this situation, unless it involved a better player than Gourde. You're the one who is saying that Fischer isn't an upgrade on Callahan, so if the expectation is to get an upgrade, I think you will be sorely disappointed. Fischer may have a very similar career to Callahan in the long run, as I could easily see him putting up 2-4 50 point seasons and hitting 20 goals in about 4-6 seasons, all of which were accomplishments that Callahan had (two 50 points seasons and four 20+ goal seasons). Just about every factor favors Fischer as a better player than Callahan going forward for the next 4-8 years, with the only exception being TOI from last year.

Fischer had 33 points in his rookie year and 51 in 151 games over the last two years for arguably the most offensively challenged franchise in the league. Callahan hasn't had over 30 points in 4 years and has 67 points in 210 games while being on a team that has significant offensive upside, as the Lightning have been in the upper 50th percentile in goals scored the last four seasons. Cheaper price + cost-control + age has me thinking that this is a major upgrade considering Callahan also has struggled to stay healthy.

In this deal, you would be giving up two players who play RW in Gourde and Callahan. Obviously, you can shuffle some deck chairs to move some players to RW, but why not pick up a true right handed RW?

I just don't think Fischer is anything special so don't really want him. Yes he's younger, cheaper and a right hand shot but I don't see him being more than a 4th liner for us. Which is where Callahan was last year who had a statistically better year. Even if we trade Gourde in this deal I don't think Fischer cracks the top 9, Kucherov is 1RW, I see Miller moving up to 2RW and Joseph staying at 3RW. Joseph isn't a righty but was drafted in 15 just like Fischer and had an arguably better rookie year than Fischer. I also expect him to improve next year not regress like Fischer did. That's why I would want Crouse if targeting a Yotes power forward, I think his game will grow and he is a difference maker.

I would take Fischer in a trade for Callahan with us adding but I don't see Fischer having 1st round value like you do. Callahan + 2020 2nd for Fischer I would do, not sure you would. Anymore than that I would just leave the two out and work on something around Gourde and the 14.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
After July 1st, Sharks trade you Erik Karlsson (signed in June for 11 M x 8 years) for JT Miller + Callahan

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Youd add connor, why?! Connor would rack up pts just like point if he was in the exact same situation.
He said Trouba, Roslo, or Connor which is beyond horrible for Tampa.

Also, no he wouldn't.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think anybody is on the table except for probably Stamkos, Point, Kucherov, and Vasi. Probably Cirelli too.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Vancouver 2nd rounder 2019 for Callahan and Foote.

Terrible for Tampa.

27th + Callahan for 40 + 71 + Schaller + Biega?

Move up into the late 1st to take on Callahan who you would buyout which costs 3.1 in cash and 2.6 in dead cap, send Schaller and Biega who cost 2.6 in cash and 2.7 in cap. Tampa uses Biega as a 6/7 D and bury Schaller to save an additional 1mil or so in cap from a Callahan buyout for dropping back from 27.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Vancouver 2nd rounder 2019 for Callahan and Foote.

Absolutely terrible trade for Tampa. Canada legalized, but you should slow down.

Terrible for Tampa.

27th + Callahan for 40 + 71 + Schaller + Biega?

Move up into the late 1st to take on Callahan who you would buyout which costs 3.1 in cash and 2.6 in dead cap, send Schaller and Biega who cost 2.6 in cash and 2.7 in cap. Tampa uses Biega as a 6/7 D and bury Schaller to save an additional 1mil or so in cap from a Callahan buyout for dropping back from 27.

This is actually a pretty solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad