Value of: Make a Trade with Tampa Bay

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
:bolts

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem is necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
To Rangers: Callahan + 1st round pick

To Tampa: 2nd round pick

Or

To Rangers: Callahan + 4th and 5th round

To Tampa: Namestnikov (50% retained)

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
To Columbus:
Tyler Johnson
2019 2nd Round Pick

Columbus adds a middle 6 veteran scorer and recoups a decent draft pick while taking salary.

To Tampa Bay:
Sonny Milano
Gabriel Carlson
Riley Nash

TB needs to move some salary for younger cheaper players ready to contribute in the NHL. Milano and Carlson are both at the point to take the next step and Nash provides some veteran grit and depth.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
To Tampa:
Ristolainen

To Buffalo
Cirelli
Callahan

I know people say he’s bad, but Tampa seemed interested so I’d assume they like him. And right hand shots are hard to come by.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
To Rangers: Callahan + 1st round pick

To Tampa: 2nd round pick

Or

To Rangers: Callahan + 4th and 5th round

How do you come up with these values? A 1st to dump Callahan with a 2nd back then becomes two late picks and we get back a player who outproduced him with 50% retention. Seems like it should be Callahan + 1st for Namestnikov (50%) + 4th + 5th.

Tell me the last time a team traded a 1st to dump salary? We would be better off trading back from 27 to get additional assets then use one of those to move him. A 1st is too high.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
To Tampa:
Ristolainen

To Buffalo
Cirelli
Callahan

I know people say he’s bad, but Tampa seemed interested so I’d assume they like him. And right hand shots are hard to come by.
What happened to Risto? Didn’t he used to be really good and pretty much untouchable

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
To Columbus:
Tyler Johnson
2019 2nd Round Pick

Columbus adds a middle 6 veteran scorer and recoups a decent draft pick while taking salary.

To Tampa Bay:
Sonny Milano
Gabriel Carlson
Riley Nash

TB needs to move some salary for younger cheaper players ready to contribute in the NHL. Milano and Carlson are both at the point to take the next step and Nash provides some veteran grit and depth.

This is awful. Nash is negative value with that contract for the next two years and below average 4th line production. Milano isn't making our lineup so would be a waste, the only piece of value is Carlson becomes he is still waiver exempt. Then you have us adding a 2nd. We could trade Miller or Gourde for a real return and free up the space we need, we aren't pressed to make a bad deal to free space.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
This is awful. Nash is negative value with that contract for the next two years and below average 4th line production. Milano isn't making our lineup so would be a waste, the only piece of value is Carlson becomes he is still waiver exempt. Then you have us adding a 2nd. We could trade Miller or Gourde for a real return and free up the space we need, we aren't pressed to make a bad deal to free space.

I would challenge this with Riley Nash is what your team was missing in the playoffs. When you lose depth scoring, which you will have to to free up some salary a player like Milano will add that to your middle six. Carlsson will also provide you some defensive depth which your team is currently very top heavy and will get even more that way if you add Karlsson. Maybe swap the 2nd to a 3rd, but the value isn't too far off. TB needs to be looking at adding some young, inexpensive players as the high end talent is going to eat up a lot of cap room.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How do you come up with these values? A 1st to dump Callahan with a 2nd back then becomes two late picks and we get back a player who outproduced him with 50% retention. Seems like it should be Callahan + 1st for Namestnikov (50%) + 4th + 5th.

Tell me the last time a team traded a 1st to dump salary? We would be better off trading back from 27 to get additional assets then use one of those to move him. A 1st is too high.

I agree about the 1st but that is what has been talked about a lot on here. The 2nd proposal makes more sense. Don’t have to move a 1st. You need to replace Callahan. Erne failed to do that, dude had 1 goal in his last 40 and was overhyped.

You get Vladdy back for half the price and can fill in that middle six role. Especially if they plan to move Miller and/or Gourde.

How about...

To Rangers: Callahan + 3rd round

Reactions: TheKrewe

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would challenge this with Riley Nash is what your team was missing in the playoffs. When you lose depth scoring, which you will have to to free up some salary a player like Milano will add that to your middle six. Carlsson will also provide you some defensive depth which your team is currently very top heavy and will get even more that way if you add Karlsson. Maybe swap the 2nd to a 3rd, but the value isn't too far off. TB needs to be looking at adding some young, inexpensive players as the high end talent is going to eat up a lot of cap room.

We could sign a Riley Nash type player in free agency for less than the 2.75 he makes two years. Or trade for a Kassian type who makes less than Nash. All while still keeping Johnson and if we did trade him get a real return. We don't need Milano as we have guys like Volkov, Barré-Boulet, Stephens, Verheaghe or Raddysh who could add depth scoring. We also have Masin who is waiver eligible as cheap depth D with Footeon the way. We don't need to sell low on anybody because of this supposed cap crunch.

Reactions: ShaneinTpa

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I agree about the 1st but that is what has been talked about a lot on here. The 2nd proposal makes more sense. Don’t have to move a 1st. You need to replace Callahan. Erne failed to do that, dude had 1 goal in his last 40 and was overhyped.

You get Vladdy back for half the price and can fill in that middle six role. Especially if they plan to move Miller and/or Gourde.

How about...

Why would the Rangers make that deal? Tampa would say yes in an instant. We could flip Namestnikov right away for a better 3rd than ours or more.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why would the Rangers make that deal? Tampa would say yes in an instant. We could flip Namestnikov right away for a better 3rd than ours or more.

Yeah that is too little for the Rangers would need to add another pick.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019

How about...

this but a 2nd instead i like

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
this but a 2nd instead i like

Yeah imo, cally is an upgrade over Vladdy for his on and off leadership and PK ability. He even had a better Points per 60 than Vladdy last season with only 4th line mins, but the salary cap hit we need to be getting a 2nd or two later picks to take on Cally. Even if I think he will be a solid bottom 6 for us. Still need that insurance sweetener.

ShaneinTpa

May 21, 2019

How about...

Excuse me, Riley Nash was a -8 versus Adam Erne at +10 and the latter also had eight more points in 13 fewer games. Nash is 30 and Erne is 24 and could be signed for less than Nash. He is equally physical. Seriously Leonardo if you’re going to make trade proposals don’t talk out of your ass

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Excuse me, Riley Nash was a -8 versus Adam Erne at +10 and the latter also had eight more points in 13 fewer games. Nash is 30 and Erne is 24 and could be signed for less than Nash. He is equally physical. Seriously Leonardo if you’re going to make trade proposals don’t talk out of your ass

Wha?

Talking about Callahan vs Erne. Their stats were very close from last season but towards the final 30-40 games Callahan was outplaying him only to be healthy scratched. Erne just has not been as people made him out to be, and a 34 yo vet was outplaying him down the stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad