Value of: Make a Trade with St. Louis

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Make a trade with the 2019 Western Conference Champs! They're in win now mode!

:blues

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem is necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The tough decisions come by 2020 when Pieterangelo and Schenn come up for new contracts at ages 30 and 29. Term will be the key factor.
How will these 2 guys age into their mid or possibly late 30’s if they do 6-8 year terms?

Blues have Robert Thomas and Jordan Kyrou coming up at C so they don’t have to lock down Schenn for term that they don’t like. Walk away like they did with Backes. At 29 with his style he should be good for 4 more years. 6 should be the absolute max and Schenn can shift to wing if needed.

AP, I think he’s be looking at the OEL and Carlson deals and saying he’s better than both and expect something at $9 plus but under Doughty’s $11. Again it’s term. Max term for AP takes him to 38. CAn the Blues get him for shorter given his style of play?

So do the Blues sign them to keep going for the cup for another few years, do they treat at least 1 of them as a rental and risk losing them or do they move them for assets?

A lot will be based on whether they win the cup or not.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
AP gets re-signed at 9Mish, and Schenn re-signs if we can keep him 7M and under.

The Blues could use a Top-4 LHD, or a fast 2RW, but don’t really need either. Adding a RHS for the powerplay would be ideal — especially if they can one-time.

Kyrou likely joins the team sometime next year (he’s a fast, RHS RW), and Kostin, Perunovich, and Reinke are available for the coming years. We are pretty well set for the future and will continue with a “sustained success” model, rather than trying to “go for it”.

Players that interest me that are rumored to be available:
Kessel
Zucker
Fowler
Hoffman

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Mike Smith

Jan 9, 2019
I am happy and sad the Blues did so well the last half of the year... Back in Nov when they were saying fire sale I was so hoping the Flames would go after Schenn...

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
AP gets re-signed at 9Mish, and Schenn re-signs if we can keep him 7M and under.

The Blues could use a Top-4 LHD, or a fast 2RW, but don’t really need either. Adding a RHS for the powerplay would be ideal — especially if they can one-time.

Kyrou likely joins the team sometime next year (he’s a fast, RHS RW), and Kostin, Perunovich, and Reinke are available for the coming years. We are pretty well set for the future and will continue with a “sustained success” model, rather than trying to “go for it”.

Players that interest me that are rumored to be available:
Kessel
Zucker
Fowler
Hoffman
Kessel for Schenn plus a conditional pick based on re-signing

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Understandable why Saint Louis would decline but Kessel out produced the whole Saint Louis roster he’d push down Taresanko to the 2nd line RW.

Except we are a two way team through and through and he isn’t a 2 way player. Also our forwards are fine. Also it ruins or salary structure.

No on Kessel in general. I’m fine with Perron making almost half as our 2nd RW.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Except we are a two way team through and through and he isn’t a 2 way player. Also our forwards are fine. Also it ruins or salary structure.

No on Kessel in general. I’m fine with Perron making almost half as our 2nd RW.
Kessel would eat all the hot dogs and cookies in St. Louis you would have shortages.

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Jake Allen for Andrej Sekera (1 million retained).
Doesn’t change the cap situation for either team much (STL takes on 150k extra). The Blues get an experienced guy to slot into the bottom pair (albeit quite overpaid for that role); the Oilers get an experienced goalie to be a 1B/back up to Koskinen (albeit overpaid for that role).

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Jake Allen for Andrej Sekera (1 million retained).
Doesn’t change the cap situation for either team much (STL takes on 150k extra). The Blues get an experienced guy to slot into the bottom pair (albeit quite overpaid for that role); the Oilers get an experienced goalie to be a 1B/back up to Koskinen (albeit overpaid for that role).

See: Robert Bortuzzo, Jay Bouwmeester, Carl Gunnarsson

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
I could see them making an offer on Hoffman.. 1 year left just over 5 million.

Florida might sell a little cheaper if they don't have to take much salary back so they can land the Columbus duo.

Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko
Hoffman - O'Rielly - Thomas
Maroon - Bozak - Perron

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad