Value of: Make a Trade with St. Louis

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
AP gets re-signed at 9Mish, and Schenn re-signs if we can keep him 7M and under.

The Blues could use a Top-4 LHD, or a fast 2RW, but don’t really need either. Adding a RHS for the powerplay would be ideal — especially if they can one-time.

Kyrou likely joins the team sometime next year (he’s a fast, RHS RW), and Kostin, Perunovich, and Reinke are available for the coming years. We are pretty well set for the future and will continue with a “sustained success” model, rather than trying to “go for it”.

Players that interest me that are rumored to be available:
Kessel
Zucker
Fowler
Hoffman
What would you offer for Zucker?

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I could see them making an offer on Hoffman.. 1 year left just over 5 million.

Florida might sell a little cheaper if they don't have to take much salary back so they can land the Columbus duo.

Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko
Hoffman - O'Rielly - Thomas
Maroon - Bozak - Perron

I’d do Fabbri+ for Hoffman right now.

As far as other moves, it depends on if Schenn wants to re-sign here. We do need to upgrade our LD, so if he’s gonna get moved, I’d offer Schenn+Edmundson to Calgary for Hanifin+Frolik, with a conditional pick involved if he extends in Calgary.

Perron-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Thomas-Hoffman
Frolik-Bozak-Kyrou
Steen-Barbashev-Sundqvist

Hanifin-Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo

Last edited:
Reactions: simon IC

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
Make a trade with the 2019 Western Conference Champs! They're in win now mode!

:blues

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem is necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

They will turn into ottawa, except they made the finals , next season the blues will be a real dumpster fire watch

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
What would you offer for Zucker?
What are your needs?

Futures available:
Klim Kostin RHS RW
Dominik Bokk RHS C/RW
Jake Walman LHD

Forwards:
Robby Fabbri

Defensemen:
Joel Edmundson
Jordan Schmaltz

Probably not a deal to be made considering we are divisional rivals, and MIN seems to be looking for young, ready-to-go players.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Blues fans are about to be really mad at you....BRING ON THE PARAYKO TO TORONTO POSTS!!!

That was a deal that perhaps had a small degree of merit, when the Blues were the last placed team in the league.. but now... not so much. I mean, just for the shakeup argument, but even back that, it was Toronto fans wanting Parayko and Blues fans saying Pietrangelo.

I've looked through the St. Louis lineup, and there isn't much of a deal that makes sense to me, for both the Blues and the Leafs.

So, how about the rights to Soshnikov... just for old times sake, for the rights to Subban or LoVerde RD.... Basically just an AHL move, for AHL move, as I don't think you guys have much in the system for the AHL team on the right side.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Just for lolz

Schenn, Pietrangelo, and Kostin for Malkin and Schultz

On a more serious note something around Schenn and Kessel makes sense

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
Tucker Poolman and C.J Suess for Jordan Schmaltz and Austin Poganski

Jack Roslovic for Klim Kostin

(do note, for the 1st trade i have no clue how y'all view schmaltz, he just seems like the odd man out in STL)

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What are your needs?

Futures available:
Klim Kostin RHS RW
Dominik Bokk RHS C/RW
Jake Walman LHD

Forwards:
Robby Fabbri

Defensemen:
Joel Edmundson
Jordan Schmaltz

Probably not a deal to be made considering we are divisional rivals, and MIN seems to be looking for young, ready-to-go players.
Bokk would be of interest. I'm not sure what else I would want. Robby Fabbri isn't a good fit. Also, Kostin is a left shot right winger.

Minnesota needs right shot centers or right wingers.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Bokk would be of interest. I'm not sure what else I would want. Robby Fabbri isn't a good fit. Also, Kostin is a left shot right winger.
I’m a rather large fan of Zucker and not a huge fan of Bokk, so I’d be willing to make a deal around the two, but I bet others would be hesitant or want to use Bokk in a larger trade.

Kostin is definitely LHS, I was too quick.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’m a rather large fan of Zucker and not a huge fan of Bokk, so I’d be willing to make a deal around the two, but I bet others would be hesitant or want to use Bokk in a larger trade.

Kostin is definitely LHS, I was too quick.
Bokk is actually who I and a lot of other Wild fans wanted in the 1st round before our lovely GM picked Johansson.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
You want the Zoo as well?

Absolutely abysmal value for St Louis. There's one thing that Toronto has that the Arch gets moved for, the HHoF.
You are delusional if you think you are getting the HHof for anything less than a massive overpayment. It is the one reason that we have the Cup every year! St. Louis still has a chance to win one. Gateway Arch+++ to start the conversation.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
You are delusional if you think you are getting the HHof for anything less than a massive overpayment. It is the one reason that we have the Cup every year! St. Louis still has a chance to win one. Gateway Arch+++ to start the conversation.
Never expected the HHoF to be available, but that's really the only thing would be worth moving the Arch for. Moving something unique as the Arch and getting a tower in return is a bad deal.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Never expected the HHoF to be available, but that's really the only thing would be worth moving the Arch for. Moving something unique as the Arch and getting a tower in return is a bad deal.
Fine, Casa Loma and a 7th for the Arch ( not a McDonlad's one, the real deal) and a 5th.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
5th for Mackenzie MacEachern.

MacMac is 4th liner just behind of Fabbri in this lineup, but if Steen or Barbashev would get injured in Stanley Cup MacMac would take either spot. Zero changes he'll get traded for 5th round pick.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
This is interesting..... because I’d luv to say yes. But schenn “fits our identity as a team” a hell of a lot better than Kessel does. But my god a Schwartz-Thomas-Kessel 2nd line would be absolutely filthy
I understand Blues have a specific culture that Kessel probably doesn’t fit.. but the guy is electric. At some point there’s got to be wiggle room.

I mean Malkin, Kucherov, Pastrnak, Kane don’t fit your culture either but it would be dumb to not welcome them on the roster.

Especially since Kessel’s price tag isn’t that high, and since the Blues overall defense is so good that they could probably afford a guy that lacks in that department but puts up 70+ points.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I would put Kessel ino that geoup of players.

One thing the playoffs have shown, you need to be able to bang and cycle the puck and be physical. Schenn is not as purely skilled Kessel, but he is playing as our top line center. Every it he leaves via IFA, I would much rather keep him for one more year.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I understand Blues have a specific culture that Kessel probably doesn’t fit.. but the guy is electric. At some point there’s got to be wiggle room.

I mean Malkin, Kucherov, Pastrnak, Kane don’t fit your culture either but it would be dumb to not welcome them on the roster.

Especially since Kessel’s price tag isn’t that high, and since the Blues overall defense is so good that they could probably afford a guy that lacks in that department but puts up 70+ points.
not when you remove a 2 way center to add him.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL

Minnesota needs right shot centers or right wingers.
Bokk isnt available. The kid is going to be filthy and playing with Thomas in 2 years.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
MacMac is 4th liner just behind of Fabbri in this lineup, but if Steen or Barbashev would get injured in Stanley Cup MacMac would take either spot. Zero changes he'll get traded for 5th round pick.
I just wanted him for his name. No other reason.
Bokk isnt available. The kid is going to be filthy and playing with Thomas in 2 years.
Ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad