Value of: Make a Trade with Ottawa

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
:sens

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem is necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Reimer
2020 2nd

Malgin (RW/C) 22 year old with NHL experience, 3rd line option OR
Ian McCoshen (LD) 24 year old physical defenseman with some NHL experience

For

2019 5-6th round pick

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Reimer
2020 2nd

Malgin (RW/C) 22 year old with NHL experience, 3rd line option OR
Ian McCoshen (LD) 24 year old physical defenseman with some NHL experience

For

2019 5-6th round pick

I’d say Ottawa should be all over that but don’t they already have Andersen and Nilsson signed for next season?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
To OTT: Gagner (3.2m), Benning (1.9m), EDM 4th (100th pick)

To EDM: Adam Tambellini (whom we don’t qualify)

Oilers gain 5 mil in cap space, Sens get closer to the cap floor and get 2 guys who can play in their lineup everyday but have contracts that expire at the end of the year. Gagner brings some lottery magic (was there for 3 1st OA’s - though we didn’t actually win in 2011). Gagner has negative value - hence the 4th, Benning neutral value (probably not worth 1.9 per, but a solid #6 Dman who can put up 20pts and is a sneaky good hitter).

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I’d say Ottawa should be all over that but don’t they already have Andersen and Nilsson signed for next season?

Nilsson didnt exactly blow the doors off and impress anyone imo. Now OTT didnt have a stellar team in front of him but Reimer is more proven.

Yes, plus we have Mike Condon under contract for next year. No need for Reimer.

Are those two much better than Reimer?
Getting a 2nd and prospect would make me jettison both of the former options we've mentioned.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
To OTT: Gagner (3.2m), Benning (1.9m), EDM 4th (100th pick)

To EDM: Adam Tambellini (whom we don’t qualify)

Oilers gain 5 mil in cap space, Sens get closer to the cap floor and get 2 guys who can play in their lineup everyday but have contracts that expire at the end of the year. Gagner brings some lottery magic (was there for 3 1st OA’s - though we didn’t actually win in 2011). Gagner has negative value - hence the 4th, Benning neutral value (probably not worth 1.9 per, but a solid #6 Dman who can put up 20pts and is a sneaky good hitter).

I don’t believe either Gagner or Benning have negative value. I don’t think this is a good deal for us. Cap space is great and all but we’d have to replace those guys.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nilsson didnt exactly blow the doors off and impress anyone imo. Now OTT didnt have a stellar team in front of him but Reimer is more proven.

Getting a 2nd and prospect would make me jettison both of the former options you mentioned.

Nilsson had a .908 on maybe the worst defensive team in the league, Reimer was significantly worse.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Getting a 2nd and prospect would make me jettison both of the former options we've mentioned.

The point is that Ottawa doesn’t need a goaltender. There’s no reason for them to trade for Reimer.

Reactions: Altimus

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The point is that Ottawa doesn’t need a goaltender. There’s no reason for them to trade for Reimer.

Fair enough, didnt think itd work for all OTT fans. I'd move Anderson (retain a bit) to a contender in a backup role and dump Condon and go with Nilsson and Reimer. To be blunt, you should aim for a top 5 pick this year imo.

With all those 2nd rounders, you could easily package two of them and maybe one of your UFAs to be, to move into the 1st round to have two picks in that round.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I agree with what you're saying but if you're OTT, are you really competing this year or trying to accumulate more picks and prospects to further the build/team?

Oh not saying it’s a bad offer - actually it might sort of make sense for Edmonton, we need another goalie but the cap hit is prohibitive and a Koskinen/Reimer tandem scares the bejesus out of me - I’m just not sure what they’d do with four goalies on NHL deals.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Oh not saying it’s a bad offer - actually it might sort of make sense for Edmonton, we need another goalie but the cap hit is prohibitive and a Koskinen/Reimer tandem scares the bejesus out of me - I’m just not sure what they’d do with four goalies on NHL deals.

Two different teams at two different points in their timeline.
Cant see why EDM would be interested though?

I'll give you back your 2019 3rd (Petrovic trade) along with McCoshen or Malgin and retain a bit on Reimer (500k)?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Fair enough, didnt think itd work for all OTT fans. I'd move Anderson (retain a bit) to a contender in a backup role and dump Condon and go with Nilsson and Reimer. To be blunt, you should aim for a top 5 pick this year imo.

With all those 2nd rounders, you could easily package two of them and maybe one of your UFAs to be, to move into the 1st round to have two picks in that round.

Don’t worry, an Anderson/Nilsson combo can help us get a top five pick. I just don’t see Ottawa in the market for a goaltender right now.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019

Florida 13 OA + Luongo for Ottawa 19 OA + Condon

Saves Florida in cap: $2.1 in 19/20; 4.5 in 20/21; and $4.5 in 21/22. Helps you to be under the cap for Bob & Panarin.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Florida 13 OA + Luongo for Ottawa 19 OA + Condon

Saves Florida in cap: $2.1 in 19/20; 4.5 in 20/21; and $4.5 in 21/22. Helps you to be under the cap for Bob & Panarin.

As much as I'd be open to the deal, Luongo wants to probably finish his career in FLA playing one more year and think he'd retire before playing anywhere else.

Reimer is the guy on the move if we land Bobrovsky or not imo.

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
As much as I'd be open to the deal, Luongo wants to probably finish his career in FLA playing one more year and think he'd retire before playing anywhere else.

Ottawa would just buy him out so he could sign somewhere else if he really wanted to play another year.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

How bout:

Reimer + Weegar + 13thOV + 69OV
for
Condon + Ceci + 19thOV + 94OV

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ottawa would just buy him out so he could sign somewhere else if he really wanted to play another year.

I understand the buying out part but just feel Lu wouldn't play anywhere else is all. His actual salary the next 3 years is $1.6 million and two years at a million. It's the recapture penalty that hurts VAN more than us so we're fine if he waits a year to finally hang them up and most FLA fans want to see him get one more run in a Panthers jersey.
This is his final year and he will play backup to Bob hopefully.

How bout:

Reimer + Weegar + 13thOV + 69OV
for
Condon + Ceci + 19thOV + 94OV

I'd prefer not to expand the trade with 1sts and also know Weegar was born in Nepean so he'd be a local boy for OTT but I really like his game and he's improved every year since his junior days and will be relatively cheap on his new deal. The #4 D spot is there for him to take if he works hard enough.

My counter would be:

Reimer + 2019 3rd + Malgin/McCoshen - bumped up pick from 2020 to 2019 but dropped it from 2nd to 3rd because we take Condon back.

for

Condon - who we would later buyout.
2019 7th round pick

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
I understand the buying out part but just feel Lu wouldn't play anywhere else is all. His actual salary the next 3 years is $1.6 million and two years at a million. It's the recapture penalty that hurts VAN more than us so we're fine if he waits a year to finally hang them up and most FLA fans want to see him get one more run in a Panthers jersey.
This is his final year and he will play backup to Bob hopefully.

I'd prefer not to expand the trade with 1sts and also know Weegar was born in Nepean so he'd be a local boy for OTT but I really like his game and he's improved every year since his junior days and will be relatively cheap on his new deal. The #4 D spot is there for him to take if he works hard enough.

My counter would be:

Reimer + 2019 3rd + Malgin/McCoshen - bumped up pick from 2020 to 2019 but dropped it from 2nd to 3rd because we take Condon back.

for

Condon - who we would later buyout.
2019 7th round pick

I can appreciate wanting him to finish his career in Florida. Unfortunately Reiner would cost too many real dollars, including a bonus in a lockout year, for our owner. The trade was worth it if we were getting a cap dump to move up. Ottawa has a log jam at left D and bottom 6 so the other 2 are just more of the same.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad