Value of: Make a Trade with New Jersey

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I don't think anyone respects people who are lazy. When you sit back and make us do your work ("Make a trade with the New Jersey"), we become less inspired. Mostly we are reluctant.

Lol, I’m over halfway done with the NHL and you now bring this up?

1) I’ve had no complaints (until now)
2) I’ve seen a ton of new trade ideas come about these threads, but also some repetitive ones depending on the NHL team.
3) There are some NHL teams that don’t get talked about enough because of either a) a small fan base or b) their GM is quiet and doesn’t say a whole lot or makes a lot of trades. I figured making these threads would give us a better understanding of what each team needs.

This isn’t lazy work by any means. Do you want me guessing what every team should do to make a trade with NJ? Start the thread off by making a trade with Calgary? I felt that too many Calgary proposals didn’t make much sense. I’m simply creating threads for participation from everyone. It seems like it’s going well because a few posters have already stolen this idea and wanted to know what people would offer for their players/picks. Let me clarify that I don’t mind them stealing the idea, that means they’re enjoying this as much as me and other people. Call it lazy work all you want, you don’t have to participate.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
I think the Devils are primed for something like:

To (Insert team): Pick(s), prospect
To Devils: Youngish established NHL player with upside, cap dump.

Maybe even multiple deals like that. Tampa and Toronto seem like the obvious choices.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think the Devils are primed for something like:

To (Insert team): Pick(s), prospect
To Devils: Youngish established NHL player with upside, cap dump.

Maybe even multiple deals like that. Tampa and Toronto seem like the obvious choices.

I think the Devils can definitely take a cap dump.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Tampa isn't trading Cirelli, especially to dump Callahan. We would move the 27th and a lot of other pieces before Cirelli.

JT Miller for 34 + 55 + 2020 3rd?

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
Olli Maatta for whatever prospect or pick you feel is fair.
The cap space is the prize for the Penguins. :)

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Lol, I’m over halfway done with the NHL and you now bring this up?

1) I’ve had no complaints (until now)
2) I’ve seen a ton of new trade ideas come about these threads, but also some repetitive ones depending on the NHL team.
3) There are some NHL teams that don’t get talked about enough because of either a) a small fan base or b) their GM is quiet and doesn’t say a whole lot or makes a lot of trades. I figured making these threads would give us a better understanding of what each team needs.

This isn’t lazy work by any means. Do you want me guessing what every team should do to make a trade with NJ? Start the thread off by making a trade with Calgary? I felt that too many Calgary proposals didn’t make much sense. I’m simply creating threads for participation from everyone. It seems like it’s going well because a few posters have already stolen this idea and wanted to know what people would offer for their players/picks. Let me clarify that I don’t mind them stealing the idea, that means they’re enjoying this as much as me and other people. Call it lazy work all you want, you don’t have to participate.

I like these threads. Would be interesting though, as this is a very all-encompassing thread series, if at the end of the series you could summarize the results in some way, like proposals that were well received by fans of both teams. I know it's a lot of work to put it all kind of together but it would make it easier to see what's possibly out there and what kind of deals would make sense, and obviously if the fans have any clue of trade values when some of the players in these proposals are actually traded lol.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Cory Schneider to Calgary for James Neal, Jon Gillies, and a 2020 3rd.

Calgary takes a chance on Schneider to help their goaltending situation, NJ gets another winger to help support Hischier/ Hughes and convince Hall to stay. Calgary adds a pick and goalie prospect because Neal has one extra year than Schneider.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

Calgary takes a chance on Schneider to help their goaltending situation, NJ gets another winger to help support Hischier/ Hughes and convince Hall to stay. Calgary adds a pick and goalie prospect because Neal has one extra year than Schneider.

How about a 2nd 20 instead of the 3rd, with 1m retained on CS? Devil's have plenty of cap space? Or do Neal + Gillies + Kylington (lhd d prospect, top four potential) for CS (1m retained)

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Tampa isn't trading Cirelli, especially to dump Callahan. We would move the 27th and a lot of other pieces before Cirelli.

This is very possible and I would be very much down with this trade. JT Miller can play with Hughes and help him with Center responsibilities and add someone with size and skill to the devils top 6. Can even take out the 3rd and add in callahan since the Devils will be nowhere near the cap next year and he could help their 4th line.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

not even remotely interested.

ADD-devil950003

Dec 6, 2006
NY
Wow, most of the proposals for Hall are absolute garbage. Yea the devils probably won’t get an overpayment but they will get a good return. Some of you guys should ask yourself for what you would want for an MVP caliber player with a year left on your team. Guarantee you would all want more than the trash you’re offering...

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

No way. If we're purging two of our 2nd round picks in a deal, it has to be for an LHD upgrade. I wouldn't pay that for Miller, anyway.

My counter-proposal would be the 3-way deal that has been floating around here, where NJ acquires Kessel+Callahan, PIT acquires Miller+McLeod, and TB acquires Nashville's 2nd round pick from New Jersey.

Olli Maatta for whatever prospect or pick you feel is fair.
The cap space is the prize for the Penguins. :)

Not interested in Maatta.

Yeah, something tells me James Neal isn't going to be a huge needle-mover for Hall.

Besides, Cory is still in our plans. He had a horrendous ~18 months - probably one of the worst stretches for any goalie in the cap era - but he played well down the stretch, and management continues to stand by him.

He won't be a cap dump. Even if he were, we're one of the last teams that needs to shed salary.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Their D needs a serious overhaul. Then again, so do the forwards.

You can have Heponiemi instead if you want.

"Serious overhaul" is an exaggeration. We'll be incorporating Ty Smith and Jack Hughes next year, which is already a major improvement. If we're able to acquire a top-4 LHD upgrade, and perhaps a top-6 forward, we'll be in good shape.

Even without any additions, the 2019-20 team is head and shoulders above the 18-19 team, and even the 17-18 playoff team.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
This is very possible and I would be very much down with this trade. JT Miller can play with Hughes and help him with Center responsibilities and add someone with size and skill to the devils top 6. Can even take out the 3rd and add in callahan since the Devils will be nowhere near the cap next year and he could help their 4th line.

If we're acquiring Miller and Callahan, we're giving Tampa a one-stop "out" on their cap problems. It would be incredibly convenient for them.

In a deal like that, we're the ones doing a massive favor, and therefore should not be spending two 2nd rounders. That's absurd.

We can absolutely help out Tampa, and I'd have no problem acquiring both Miller and Callahan. If we're doing that, though, I'd only give up a 3rd rounder max. Tampa's paying for convenience.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
If we're acquiring Miller and Callahan, we're giving Tampa a one-stop "out" on their cap problems. It would be incredibly convenient for them.

In a deal like that, we're the ones doing a massive favor, and therefore should not be spending two 2nd rounders. That's absurd.

We can absolutely help out Tampa, and I'd have no problem acquiring both Miller and Callahan. If we're doing that, though, I'd only give up a 3rd rounder max. Tampa's paying for convenience.

JT miller is a consistent 50+ point scorer (82 game pace) over the last 4 years and is locked up at a good price for several years. He alone is worth a lot and im sure we wont be the only team asking on him so you have to give back a decent amount. With Callahan added maybe you take out the additional 2nd, but just because it helps out tampa doesnt mean you dont have to give them anything back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad