Value of: Make a Trade with Minnesota

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
What is the deal with zucker? Sounds like he’s being shopped. Why are you getting rid of him and what’s the ask for him?
Reasons to trade him:
1.) We have 6-8 LWs (Parise, Zucker, Fiala, Donato, Greenway, Foligno [, Rask, Eriksson-Ek]) and 1 RW (Kunin). All of our center are also lefties.
2.) Of those LW's Zucker is the only one without trade protection, above the age of 23, and more than just a bottom-6 guy. He has value.
3.) Zucker has a modified NTC that kicks in on July 1st.

And at this point...
4.) He's basically been traded twice and just keeping him doesn't seem tenable, even if it's technically possible.

The ask is/should be a top-6 right-shot winger of about the same age or younger, with whatever adds are appropriate. A top-6 center along the same lines would be great but I'm not holding my breath.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That's literally the opposite of what was said. He's being traded to improve at RW and/or get younger and cheaper.
Ok so you’re not trying to purge salary, get younger. Just simply don’t want him anymore.... prefer RW help..

Primarily improve at RW. Kessel and Frolik aren’t younger or cheaper and those have been the two “targets” so far.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Primarily improve at RW. Kessel and Frolik aren’t younger or cheaper and those have been the two “targets” so far.
Fair, and I guess most of the younger names that've been rumored as points of discussion are centers: Dvorak, Marchessault and Bennett (who doesn't makes any sense to me if they see him as a winger).

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
I wonder if the wings would be interested in a deal for Zucker and Brodin.

Just throwing this out there, is this in the ballpark for equal value?

Zucker
Brodin

For

6OA

I could see yezerman being interested in both players. Brodin has always been compared as a poor man's lindstrom..

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wonder if the wings would be interested in a deal for Zucker and Brodin.

Just throwing this out there, is this in the ballpark for equal value?

Zucker
Brodin

For

6OA

I could see yezerman being interested in both players. Brodin has always been compared as a poor man's lindstrom..

I don't see either team making that deal

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad