Value of: Make a Trade with Minnesota

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Next team up:

:wild

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem is necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Brodin what would it take from Montreal??

Would offer

15OVA
Ylonen
Lehkonen/2020 2nd.
If they were looking to liquidate him that would probably do it, but I don't think they are. If they move guys like Spurgeon or Brodin they'll probably be looking for "hockey trades," or at least something where the main piece coming back could help next year.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Zucker for Manning + Puljujarvi + 38th OA + 3rd

Or

Zucker + 3rd for Puljujarvi + Manning + 2 2nds

Or

Zucker + Eriksson Ek for Puljujarvi + Manning + 2 2nds + Bear

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Brodin what would it take from Montreal??

Would offer

15OVA
Ylonen
Lehkonen/2020 2nd.

From a pure value standpoint, disregarding the direction Fenton is trying to go with this team, I’d do it. Honestly I don’t think it’s that far off the direction either. Ylonen is a young right handed right wing that should be in the NHL in 2020-21, same season as Kaprizov.

The issue is we don’t have anyone to replace Brodin. But I’d probably take this and then try to sign a UFA or pry a guy like Kylington out of Calgary.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Arizona trades 15 degrees Fahrenheit of heat to Min for 3,567 of their 10,000 lakes.
We'd have to get rid of a lot more than 3,567 lakes for those 15 extra degrees to not wipe out the population with humidity in mid July. It'd be like one of those caves in Mexico where you can drown in open air.

Reactions: Meeqs

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think Zegras would have a good chance of making it there.

I’m hoping he makes it to 12 like some of the mocks predict. Not holding my breath though. But yeah, it’s not unrealistic for him to fall to 8.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We'd have to get rid of a lot more than 3,567 lakes for those 15 extra degrees to not wipe out the population with humidity in mid July. It'd be like one of those caves in Mexico where you can drown in open air.

That’s already 30% of all lakes, and I’m assuming we’re going by total area rather than just strictly number of lakes. Can’t give much more than that.

Reactions: Meeqs

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
From a pure value standpoint, disregarding the direction Fenton is trying to go with this team, I’d do it. Honestly I don’t think it’s that far off the direction either. Ylonen is a young right handed right wing that should be in the NHL in 2020-21, same season as Kaprizov.

The issue is we don’t have anyone to replace Brodin. But I’d probably take this and then try to sign a UFA or pry a guy like Kylington out of Calgary.
Would you take Maatta + 21st OA for Brodin?

Gives you someone to eat minutes in place of Brodin. The knock on Maatta is that injuries has made him pretty slow. He’s got good hockey IQ though, pair him with a good skater like Spurgeon or Dumba and he should do alright.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Gives you someone to eat minutes in place of Brodin. The knock on Maatta is that injuries has made him pretty slow. He’s got good hockey IQ though, pair him with a good skater like Spurgeon or Dumba and he should do alright.

I wouldn’t touch Maatta for Brodin if all we’re getting in return is 21oa.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

This seems like a very bad idea.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
That’s already 30% of all lakes, and I’m assuming we’re going by total area rather than just strictly number of lakes. Can’t give much more than that.
We're veering much too closely to ideas I have about the world's jagged decline into a post-industrial society resulting in Minnesota's water resources (including waterway access via rivers and the Great Lakes) turning it into a significant regional power. I can't think objectively here. We must protect the water.

Reactions: SmellOfVictory

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We're veering much too closely to ideas I have about the world's jagged decline into a post-industrial society resulting in Minnesota's water resources (including waterway access via rivers and the Great Lakes) turning it into a significant regional power. I can't think objectively here. We must protect the water.

Well that would certainly be a sight to see. Beijing, Tokyo, London, New York, LA, Duluth.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There is a lot to the Wild roster that could be of help to Buffalo. A few of us have been over the ideas of Brodin, Zucker, and/or potentially returning Foligno. Brodin would have to be something up around the 7OA, which seems to have some pushback from Sabre fans. Zucker seems like a guy who could be had for around 20OA so of course the Sabres wind up with 30 or 31 instead. Foligno for... say a third?

It depends on degree I suppose. I doubt Botterill will want to trade Mittelstadt at all and there isn't a lot jumping out of the NHL lineup as trade-available, especially now that three of their defensemen are hurt, two likely to miss the start of the season. Otherwise, I'd be seeing if someone like McCabe who can quietly be a 2nd pairing guy, provide some decent 2-way play, would have any interest in Minny as part of a package? Maybe something around McCabe and a pick for Zucker? Just spitballing, I sometimes like McCabe and am not sure if Minny would have a need for LHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad