Value of: Make a Trade with Edmonton

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Neither Tatar or Drouin are of any interest. Danault isn’t either. Frankly I don’t think Nurse is at all available. It would take Gallagher or Domi.
Jezzz now Nurse a Top D in this league all of a sudden, didn't know that.
lol what a joke

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
lol what a joke

40 points, 24 minutes a night, only 23 years old last season. Great skater, physical, solid in his own end. Why on earth would Edmonton trade him for the likes of Danault or Tatar?

Don’t get mad that we don’t want Montreal’s lowball offers for a guy that’s a top pairing D on both of our teams.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
lol what a joke

How do you get that out of it? He said oilers are only intrested in young players and tha they would likely have to add to Nurse to get one (like Domi for example). Why go to strawmen when people are telling you what their team is most likely looking for?

Though I dont see why Oilers should add for Domi personally.

Reactions: 780il

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
How do you get that out of it? He said oilers are only intrested in young players and tha they would likely have to add to Nurse to get one (like Domi for example). Why go to strawmen when people are telling you what their team is most likely looking for?

Though I dont see why Oilers should add for Domi personally.
When you ask for a Domi or Gallagher your looking at D like Werenski or Provolov not Nurse.
Nurse is more like a Daneault or Tatar or Petry type of trade.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
When you ask for a Domi or Gallagher your looking at D like Werenski or Provolov not Nurse.

Provorov is one year younger and isnt as proven as Nurse. I think you are seriously underrating a very good defenseman here. But sure. Trade Domi for Provorov instead.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Nurse is better than Provorov and good luck getting Werenski out of Columbus.

The point here is you’re asking for an asset that we have zero interest in trading. We name the price, not you. If youre not willing to pay it, then move along.

The only defencemen we’d give up for Tatar are Sekera+ or Russell++.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Sonny Milano for a 3rd + 5th.

Sonny is an NHL quality scoring line forward. I think 35 pts in the middle six is very achievable for him, and even more if he's on the PP. The issue in Columbus was his youthful inconsistency and Torts extremely short leash.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sonny Milano for a 3rd + 5th.

Sonny is an NHL quality scoring line forward. I think 35 pts in the middle six is very achievable for him, and even more if he's on the PP. The issue in Columbus was his youthful inconsistency and Torts extremely short leash.

Trouble is Chiarelli frittered away a lot of picks for no real reason - we gave up 4th+5th+7th for Montoya, Hawkey (who we didn’t sign) and Nolan Vesey (who is barely ECHL caliber)

I’d have interest in Milano but it would need to be a prospect or 2020 picks.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm not a huge Nurse fan but moving him this year for a winger...or anything but a defender upgrade is just a no go.

If he is moved at all it's next off season if he decides to price himself out of Edmonton but that's it.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Lol Domi or Gallagher don't sniff very young franchise d like the guys you listed.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Trouble is Chiarelli frittered away a lot of picks for no real reason - we gave up 4th+5th+7th for Montoya, Hawkey (who we didn’t sign) and Nolan Vesey (who is barely ECHL caliber)

I’d have interest in Milano but it would need to be a prospect or 2020 picks.

I don't think that would deter Jarmo from a deal. Milano's not waiver exempt any more so he'll be traded to someone, it could be the Oilers, Devils, or any other club that needs a top 9 F.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
lol what a joke
He's not a top D, Oiler fans over sell him, he's got the tool box of a top D, but he's yet to put it altogether, with him still having multiple defensive issues. While many offensive D can get away with some defensive blunders cause of the offense they provide, I don't think Nurse provides quite enough offense to give him as much leeway as you would with a Letang or a Karlsson for mistakes they might make in chasing offense.

That said I don't think Tatar is on Nurse's value level at all and Drouin I think occupies a very similar space to him in being clearly gifted with a lot of tools, but neither are game breakers at present. The difference that slides the value Nurse's way over Drouin is Nurse plays the more important position, is cheaper (although that may change in a year), Nurse is well known as a vocal leader where as I don't Drouin has shaken off his problem child label entirely, Nurse also has the intangibles of toughness, intimidation, and fighting.

Reactions: 780il

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad