Value of: Make a Trade with Detroit

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Well aside from someone else posting your loaded at wing. Value wise, Brown is close if not better. The notion that a guy who's career high is 23 points compared to Brown, whos career low is 28, to be not even close is laughable.
The value doesn't matter. Brown does nothing for this team. No way Detroit retains on Glendening just to help out the Leafs cap situation. Yes, not close.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'm not sure who Detroit makes a good trade partner with. We don't have cap space to take much in the way of contract dumps (though we're not in trouble and don't need to send anything out, either). The only pieces we really have that anyone would want aren't the kind of pieces we ought to be moving. We don't have any vets who are going to get more today than they will at the TDL.

It's hard to imagine the kind of offer someone would put down that would really do anything for the team.

Uhh, over $20M in space with a full roster.

Reactions: archimet

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Acting like box scores are the only things that determine player quality is actually what's laughable.

Thats one facet, and was the most obvious one, clearly. There 2 4th/3rd liners, we aren't comparing Brown to Crosby here...

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Thats one facet, and was the most obvious one, clearly. There 2 4th/3rd liners, we aren't comparing Brown to Crosby here...

It's a stupid comparison point for 4th line players.

What signings are you referring to?

Egg on my face - I thought the team still needed to re-sign Mantha, AA and Bert. Totally mis-read their expirations as this year rather than next year.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
It's a stupid comparison point for 4th line players

Well, currently on your team there 3rd liners, so it kinda does matter a bit :laugh:. Ok I'll stop now, I already accepted wings fans not liking the offer.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Don't want Brown because we're overloaded with wingers, but we'll gladly take Marleau because apparently we're so used to dipping into LTIR $$$ before the season starts.:thumbu:

Makes total sense.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
ok how about Marleau+2020 1st+2021 1st for your 2020 1st

edit: needs more 1st's
First things first - that many 1sts in a deal might be an NHL first. First of all the first 1st would be first and foremost the first 1st the Wings have dealt since they dealt their 1st a few years ago. I'd rather just wait til July 1st for the first 1st trade offer and sign a former 1st to his first contract with Detroit.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Don't want Brown because we're overloaded with wingers, but we'll gladly take Marleau because apparently we're so used to dipping into LTIR $$$ before the season starts.:thumbu:

Makes total sense.

We acquire assets by adding Marleau. We don't by adding Brown. Not sure what's so difficult to understand about that.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Gagner
Edmonton 2nd 2019

For

Turgeon
Saarijarvi
Columbus 5th 2019

---

Callahan