Value of: Make a Trade with Buffalo

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
How highly does BUF fans value Reinhart? Would you guys be interested in a deal around him and Subban?
Samson is too valuable to think about moving for Subban. Patch a hole by creating one.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
How highly does BUF fans value Reinhart? Would you guys be interested in a deal around him and Subban?
Just as you appreciate Forsberg or Arvidsson, he is our best winger and there is no interest in trade him for Subban, on the contrary, we need to add help to the top 6, and not to trade one of our three best forwards.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Samson is too valuable to think about moving for Subban. Patch a hole by creating one.

Just as you appreciate Forsberg or Arvidsson, he is our best winger and there is no interest in trade him for Subban, on the contrary, we need to add help to the top 6, and not to trade one of our three best forwards.

Fair enough. I thought I had read something like that, but wasn't sure.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Tierney for a 2020 2nd round pick. Buffalo can throw in Sobotka if they want.

This is the only half way decent offer in this thread.

Well the Brodin one is fair but I'd decline. We already have the worst center depth in the league thanks to a certain trade.

Don't want Hagg. Don't have much interest in Ritchie or Henrique contract either.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Which wingers in Sabres are better than Kreider?

Skinner and Reinhart by about 5 country miles. I also have a lot of confidence in Olofsson. That's really besides the point though. Even if all of our wingers were AHL caliber, Kreider still wouldn't be worth anything even remotely close to the 7th overall pick. Rangers fans need to let that dream die.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Brodin for Mittelstadt + Scandella, whom I am led to believe is considered a cap dump by BUF fans. IF I am wrong about that, just take him out of the deal.

Considering Braun just fetched a 2nd + 3rd, I'm quite certain Scandella still has real value in the eyes of at least some NHL GMs. I'd love to get Brodin, but with only 2 years left, and with our lack of depth at forward, that trade is far too risky for my liking. Mitts still has a crapload of potential even if his rookie season wasn't as impressive as we'd hoped for.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
So we should trade a pick that should yield a high end prospect for depth players. Gotcha. Next.

What do the Sabers need most? Depth.

They certainly don't need another prospect that would do nothing for them in 3 years. The sabers cant draft or develop. Might as well get NHL talent for your pick.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
This is the only half way decent offer in this thread.

Well the Brodin one is fair but I'd decline. We already have the worst center depth in the league thanks to a certain trade.

Don't want Hagg. Don't have much interest in Ritchie or Henrique contract either.

I'll leave the Henrique thing aside, why wouldn't Buffalo have interest in Ritchie? Physical, young forward who produced at a 40 point pace and is signed for two very affordable seasons. He'd be your 2nd best LW and makes 1.5M... I'd think there would be at least some level of interest.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

sabresfan3383

Dec 3, 2004
Tonawanda, NY
What do the Sabres need most? Depth.

They certainly don't need another prospect that would do nothing for them in 3 years. The Sabres cant draft or develop. Might as well get NHL talent for your pick.

They thought they were trading for depth in the O'Reilly trade last season. Tell me how that worked out?

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
What do the Sabres need most? Depth.

They certainly don't need another prospect that would do nothing for them in 3 years. The Sabres cant draft or develop. Might as well get NHL talent for your pick.

You know its possible to acquire depth while also keeping your high end draft picks, right? Like I might trade #31 plus some other stuff for Kreider, but I'm not giving up the chance to draft an elite player.

It seems that someone disliking your proposal has sent you into an illogical frenzy.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I'll leave the Henrique thing aside, why wouldn't Buffalo have interest in Ritchie? Physical, young forward who produced at a 40 point pace and is signed for two very affordable seasons. He'd be your 2nd best LW and makes 1.5M... I'd think there would be at least some level of interest.

Perhaps personal opinion. Maybe hes taken a step forward this past season. It always depends on the cost. I wouldn't like him as a main piece in a Risto trade though.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Perhaps personal opinion. Maybe hes taken a step forward this past season. It always depends on the cost. I wouldn't like him as a main piece in a Risto trade though.

He took a big step forward this season. Trained with Roberts over his extended off season and had a noticeable improvement to his skating.

I can understand not seeing him as a main piece for Risto, but there's no good reason not to want him in general.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I think Henrique would be a decent answer to our issue at C but I think we would rather have a d prospect coming back as well for Risto.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I think Henrique would be a decent answer to our issue at C but I think we would rather have a d prospect coming back as well for Risto.
Nothing against the player, but I'm not interested in taking on 5 years of Henrique at 29. They don't have to make that kind of move THIS summer with so much cap and roster flexibilty coming next summer.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
They thought they were trading for depth in the O'Reilly trade last season. Tell me how that worked out?

It was a great trade. O'Reilly is a elite level player. Buffalo didn't know what to do with him. If he played 2nd line Center last year for Buffalo that team looks way better and performs at a higher level. The organization as a whole just makes bad mistake after bad mistake. They need NHL players. Bottom line. Drafting 7th OA is not going to move the needle for the next 3 years.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Nothing against the player, but I'm not interested in taking on 5 years of Henrique at 29. They don't have to make that kind of move THIS summer with so much cap and roster flexibilty coming next summer.
They need to make a move this summer if they want to get out of the basement. Mitts could use a lesser role and Henrique could slide down in the later years. he also is a decent PK guy. Henrique and Reinhart would be formidable on the second line. I do not think he falls off the edge at 30, but I get the concern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad