Value of: Make a Trade with Buffalo

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Something around Haydn Fleury for Alex Nylander?

Fleury is a defensive dman who has been blocked by Carolina's logjam in D, he is absolutely NHL quality and has potential to develop into a top 4 dman.

Reactions: I Like Eich

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Your suggestions are bad. We do not want to tank again, we need improve roster and start winning.
You would think this.
Yet I've offered elc + rfa assets for picks and 1 prospect

only to be shot down.
Go figure.
If you do not have other assets attractive to partners you would part with, it is either hold the line and bide your time, or seek a reasonable scenario such as I noted above.

You obviously have no idea of buffalos cap future outlook.
Miller and Killorm I really don’t want...not taking Tampa cap dumps.

In 2020 buffalo has a Montour, and a Reinhart to sign and in 2021 there is Dahlin. They don’t have a ton of capspace
concur
NHL is a hard cap league
you are not up vs it right now, but while you can surrender a drop of ground now
e.g., trade a draft pick for a 1st/2nd yr elc
you [and most teams currently] can't go overboard

Krider and a second .
for risto and fourth.
at the draft
krider get's moved so there isnt any sub story lines till the TDL.
the second make's it look like botterrill won something.

No, Kreider is not automatically getting moved.
It is more likely he gets extended for 4 yrs + and IF IF IF IF dealt at all, it would be no sooner than the following season's last TDL, not this one's, and again, far from given he is moved.

Do not want Risto and Buf can get better offers comp to what I'd be comfortable offering as a project turnaround. Guy is legit talent, checks off multiple boxes, but that +/- is eye opener. Not sure why he is not top shelf, apparently statistically, when paired with ideal partner in Dahlin.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Lias Andersson was the worst putrid w/horrid +/- and painful to watch for most of this season, but it was all due to not having the NHL level skating worked out. CLEARLY, eye test, despite other lack of settled issues with Rangers' lineup, he showed full improvement last 3 wks of season to evidence this corner was turned.

Rangers will have Kravtsov, Nieves, Chytil, possibly returning Hayes and other options if full purge is done to either dump vets or sell high on prospects while UFA add Pannarin. I could see Andersson kicking it at 4C with Lemieux and Gettinger as a severe, punishing 4th line, but that is not best use of a 7OA. Thus available.

In a prior deal which included Howden + Deangelo for lesser buf pieces, now off the table, I felt arguably on balance fair value was certainly offered. I'm willing to discuss another path for Lias alone.

Andersson was a 7OA, and his only issue is his skating. Yes, this guy is not an elite sniper/scorer, but has performed well at every level, cutting his teeth as a boy among men in Sweden, and was drafted this high [before we got Howden and Chytil] as we needed C and this guy was considered 'safe' and 'minimal bust risk'. Fan Side Daily connects to Blue Line Station which has several pro evaluators saying this guy, on paper, was a good bet, not nec, for grand slam 6oo ft home run, but for productive F.

In a simplified deal, I agree that not even taking into account any other factors, a 7OA this yr is worth more than one recently since you surrender at min a year of elc team control. {That is the price one should be expected to pay FOR HELP NOW.}

So I throw this out
2019 Sabes 1st [7OA]
for
Andersson plus conditional futures based on his production.

If he plays like 7OA [comparable to avg of other 7OA production in 'recent' years], something like a 6th is not upgraded.

If he is productive but not standout, whatever we objectively attempt to peg that at, we upgrade that 6th to something proportionately more.

If he is bust city, we pay something higher still in draft picks to compensate.

Buf only has to make him available to play adequate mins. Can't not play or play 2 mins per game. Has to have real legit chance, which I expect he gets starting at 3C competing for 2C day 1.

Out til later, get back to me....

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Something around Haydn Fleury for Alex Nylander?

Fleury is a defensive dman who has been blocked by Carolina's logjam in D, he is absolutely NHL quality and has potential to develop into a top 4 dman.

This seems like a fair offer. Not sure if the Sabres are ready to give up on Nylander yet considering his obvious talent and our even more obvious lack of offensive depth, though.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You would think this.
Yet I've offered elc + rfa assets for picks and 1 prospect

only to be shot down.
Go figure.
If you do not have other assets attractive to partners you would part with, it is either hold the line and bide your time, or seek a reasonable scenario such as I noted above..

The deals you have offered have been quantity for quality (7OA) or redundant pieces (RHD) that do not upgrade on what they already have. That's why your post offers have been shot down.

Case in point, your next post. It's a shitty proposal, so no, Buffalo wouldn't be interested.

And you don't need to offer up a novella to tell us why you think it would be. It's not a good deal. Thanks.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
The deals you have offered have been quantity for quality (7OA) or redundant pieces (RHD) that do not upgrade on what they already have. That's why your post offers have been shot down.

Case in point, your next post. It's a ****ty proposal, so no, Buffalo wouldn't be interested.

And you don't need to offer up a novella to tell us why you think it would be. It's not a good deal. Thanks.
Nicely put.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Lias Andersson was the worst putrid w/horrid +/- and painful to watch for most of this season, but it was all due to not having the NHL level skating worked out. CLEARLY, eye test, despite other lack of settled issues with Rangers' lineup, he showed full improvement last 3 wks of season to evidence this corner was turned.

Rangers will have Kravtsov, Nieves, Chytil, possibly returning Hayes and other options if full purge is done to either dump vets or sell high on prospects while UFA add Pannarin. I could see Andersson kicking it at 4C with Lemieux and Gettinger as a severe, punishing 4th line, but that is not best use of a 7OA. Thus available.

In a prior deal which included Howden + Deangelo for lesser buf pieces, now off the table, I felt arguably on balance fair value was certainly offered. I'm willing to discuss another path for Lias alone.

Andersson was a 7OA, and his only issue is his skating. Yes, this guy is not an elite sniper/scorer, but has performed well at every level, cutting his teeth as a boy among men in Sweden, and was drafted this high [before we got Howden and Chytil] as we needed C and this guy was considered 'safe' and 'minimal bust risk'. Fan Side Daily connects to Blue Line Station which has several pro evaluators saying this guy, on paper, was a good bet, not nec, for grand slam 6oo ft home run, but for productive F.

In a simplified deal, I agree that not even taking into account any other factors, a 7OA this yr is worth more than one recently since you surrender at min a year of elc team control. {That is the price one should be expected to pay FOR HELP NOW.}

So I throw this out
2019 Sabes 1st [7OA]
for
Andersson plus conditional futures based on his production.

If he plays like 7OA [comparable to avg of other 7OA production in 'recent' years], something like a 6th is not upgraded.

If he is productive but not standout, whatever we objectively attempt to peg that at, we upgrade that 6th to something proportionately more.

If he is bust city, we pay something higher still in draft picks to compensate.

Buf only has to make him available to play adequate mins. Can't not play or play 2 mins per game. Has to have real legit chance, which I expect he gets starting at 3C competing for 2C day 1.

Out til later, get back to me....

WTF

At this point Lars value is closer to 47 than 7...hrs not Ezd exempt like a player st 7 would br. Players drafted around there are not 5 yrs out players but ones that are usually on the club by draft yr +2.

Ledge And Dairy

Assuming the Sabres want to be competitive again this year what is Buffalo looking for besides a 2C (while Mittelstadt develops)? 2-way wingers? Any interest in Frolik. He's ~40pt LW/RW when he plays a full season. Plays a 2-way game and just had a fantastic run at IIHF with 14 pts for the Czechs in 10 games. He's only got 1 year left on his current 4.3M so were looking at around rental price. Maybe a 2020 2nd, and Pekar or 2019 3rd and Asplund, then maybe a 4th as a resign condition.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Assuming the Sabres want to be competitive again this year what is Buffalo looking for besides a 2C (while Mittelstadt develops)? 2-way wingers? Any interest in Frolik. He's ~40pt LW/RW when he plays a full season. Plays a 2-way game and just had a fantastic run at IIHF with 14 pts for the Czechs in 10 games. He's only got 1 year left on his current 4.3M so were looking at around rental price. Maybe a 2020 2nd, and Pekar or 2019 3rd and Asplund, then maybe a 4th as a resign condition.

Very interested in Frolik, but not for prospects. Would happily move a couple of picks, but with contingency based on if they retain him rather than the combination of players in system and contingency picks.

Ledge And Dairy

I'm thinking the Sabres 2020 2nd rounder and something like a 4th in 2021 if they retain him?
Kylington could also be on the table depending on the return. Hes pretty close to NHL ready, played quite well on our 3rd line this year. Just is currently slightly outclassed by Valimaki in our line up. Could slot into your 3rd pair but you seem pretty solid there between Dahlin, Scandella and McCabe.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Kylington could also be on the table depending on the return. Hes pretty close to NHL ready, played quite well on our 3rd line this year. Just is currently slightly outclassed by Valimaki in our line up. Could slot into your 3rd pair but you seem pretty solid there between Dahlin, Scandella and McCabe.

I like Kylington but yeah, the left shot defense are probably in a better state than the RHD at the moment, who seem like they could use a revamp.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00