Makar vs Josi

Who’s better?

• Total voters

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I mean people talking about Makar's near ppg production...Did you forget that Josi scored 65 points in 69 games last season and won the Norris? Next one in his team scored 48 points. This season Preds have been abysmal and still Josi is putting up good numbers. I think Makar is great, but I'd take Josi for now. Makar is likely to pass him (and maybe everyone else) soon.

Reactions: 63 others

63 others

Mar 3, 2018
Josi has to work with basically only Forsberg. Rest are passengers.
Even as a Avs fan i take Josi for now, future is different though

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's bound to be in most posts in every Makar thread that he's greatly benefiting from the Avs forwards, that he wouldn't compare as well without the help of the elite forwards. But that conventional wisdom is either greatly overstated or entirely wrong. Last year Makar scored at a much higher rate with Kadri's line and with Compher's line than he did with Mackinnon's trio. Again this year he scores more without Mackinnon. Makar is just an elite scorer. He tends to score more when he has the puck more, almost regardless of who he is out there with.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Well I know which team I would rather be playing for.

Isn’t Girard supposed to be better than Makar right now?

You guys can’t get your stories straight.
Well I believe Girard would look even better somewhere where he could be the top dog defenseman, hes not that in Colorado

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Colorado GF 111
Nashville GF 86
Makar has been in on 17% of Colorado’s Offense
Josi has been in on 22% of Nashville’s offense
They are defensemen though. Throw out points and see how good they play their position.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think they’re pretty damn close to even. Voted Makar for no other reason than I’m an Avs fan. I think it’s a coin toss.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I would slightly lean Makar at this very moment. But if it's a question of who's better going forward, well obviously you take Makar.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
They are defensemen though. Throw out points and see how good they play their position.

You do realize that the defenseman's job is not tied to just keeping the puck out of the net? And even then Makar is better than Josi.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Who’s better?

Makar 20gp 19 pts
Josi 27gp 19 pts
Points aren’t everything but Makar is almost point per game player since entering the league as a defensman and Josi is no slouch.
Today, I took Josi.
My mind will change before too much longer though.

Mackinnonen

Sep 6, 2015
Im thinking Makar will surprass Mackinnon in a year or so too. He's just ridiculous and it's funny a lot of people think he's bad defensively because he's so good at offense.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Makar is the most impressive defenseman I've seen in a while, I would just take him already because he will be clearly better sooner than later.

Hockey Fanatik

Mar 28, 2021
Im surprised the vote is 50/50

Josi in my book is a top-5 defenseman

i mean, he did just win a Norris

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad