MacKinnon
Makar

Rantanen
Girard

Landeskog
Toews

Kadri
Byram

The Avs are a very balanced team. It's aways weird to me when Toronto fans try to compare the Leafs to the Avs.

Aves are overrated due to their scoring but not being able to defend or win in the playoffs. That's what the Leafs were for a few seasons.

Leafs are arguably the top defensive team in the league now so they have turned that corner.

Taishici

Oct 19, 2017
Makar is really solid defensively. Either posters don't watch him or assume points equals bad defense. He could take much more risks with his skill set but focuses on defense first.

Makar will be really good defensively one day. But he right now he is decent but not elite. He's inexperience shows and he is sometimes taken advantage of in the dzone. Which of course is normal, he's still really young. I don't understand the rush to proclaim him great defensively when he's clearly not.

Right now what helps him is that Colorado is so dominant in puck possession, so that really makes it easy on Colorado's young dmen.

Makar's offensive is there for all to see, he's great and will only get better at it. Even though he needs to work on his defensive play, what I like about Makar is that he has some good defensive instincts. Which is really important in developing his defensive game. He just needs time to develop more, it's not easy to play defensive in the NHL.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Aves are overrated due to their scoring but not being able to defend or win in the playoffs. That's what the Leafs were for a few seasons.

Leafs are arguably the top defensive team in the league now so they have turned that corner.

Uh, Avs are 1st in the league in CA/60, FA/60, SA/60, GA/60, xGA/60, SCA/60, and 3rd in HDCA/60.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

That's what they still are lol.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
And most of that is inflated by games against the Wild and Coyotes. Against good teams they struggle.
Avs have blow out wins over every team in west and they also have a winning record over every team in the division

Edit: I guess the only team that has kept games close with Avs are the Kings. The biggest win for the Avs vs Kings was 4-1 which is not a blow out I suppose... or is it? They say 3 or more goals is a blow out so...

Last edited:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Makar will be really good defensively one day. But he right now he is decent but not elite. He's inexperience shows and he is sometimes taken advantage of in the dzone. Which of course is normal, he's still really young. I don't understand the rush to proclaim him great defensively when he's clearly not.

Right now what helps him is that Colorado is so dominant in puck possession, so that really makes it easy on Colorado's young dmen.

Makar's offensive is there for all to see, he's great and will only get better at it. Even though he needs to work on his defensive play, what I like about Makar is that he has some good defensive instincts. Which is really important in developing his defensive game. He just needs time to develop more, it's not easy to play defensive in the NHL.
Makar is far better than decent defensively. He's a top 5 if not top 3 D in the league already. He's a complete dman and the most dynamic Dman in the NHL. Just wait until he puts together a few fully healthy season in a row. There are multiple Norris wins in his future, that I am sure of.

I don't know why people try to deny what is in front of their very eyes. We saw the exact same thing with McDavid for years despite it being so incredibly obvious in his second season that he was the best player in the NHL. I get some pretty similar vibes (to a lesser degree) when I watch Makar play. Eventually popular opinion will catch up to what is happening before our very eyes.

Last edited:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Avs have blow out wins over every team in west and they also have a winning record over every team in the division

Edit: I guess the only team that has kept games close with Avs are the Kings. The biggest win for the Avs vs Kings was 4-1 which is not a blow out I suppose... or is it? They say 3 or more goals is a blow out so...
Who is they? 3 goals isn’t a blow out. Say you’re down by 2 goals late you pull the goalie for a better chance, you give up an empty net. That’s not a blow out.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Who is they? 3 goals isn’t a blow out. Say you’re down by 2 goals late you pull the goalie for a better chance, you give up an empty net. That’s not a blow out.
I dont remember but I heard somewhere that 3 goals and more is a blowout. I don't agree though, I don't think 4-1 is a blowout

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad