Proposal: Makar + Byram for Seth Jones + Werenski

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Watching Cale Makar is a treat. I don't know shit, but I think the kid could be on the all-time best defenseman list when his career is done.

Colorado should definitely keep him.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Yes he will be 24 with a July birthday so he's still a UFA at 26 not 27.

He is but he has an early birthday July so he's a UFA at 26 not 27 so i'm still correct.

His birthdate has nothing to do with it in this case. The rule is age 27 as of June 30th, or 7 NHL years. Werenski has 5 NHL seasons, so he will be a UFA in 2 years regardless of his age/birthdate.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
No way the Avs even think about it. Maker is already better than Jones and much younger and Byram is projected to be a top pairing guy who’s on an ELC for 2 more years.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
How is it? I bet, they would have looked better vs Vegas with Jones and Werenski.

Maybe this year . I willing to bet with in 3 years the Avs 2 year defend are as good at a lot lower cap hit . This is one of those proposals that people will bash a team for not taking a deal to be better now at the cost of the future . If you draft smart and make trades before players price themselves off your team you can keep your window for a long time . Avs window is 5 to 10 years . After this trade it is 3 to 5 max .

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I'd consider trading Makar about as long as i'd consider trading McDavid. no no no no no, no sir.

don't get me wrong, I'd love if he were out of our division.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad