Proposal: Major blockbuster (TO-CGY)

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I don't like how much Toronto fans hype Matthews as a 1B to McDavid but Flame fans hyping Monahan as a #1C is actually worse.

The difference is AM is actually a superstar #1C whereas Monahan has now proved he's actually worse than even a good #2C. He's a middle of the pack #2C.

Toronto says hell no.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I don't like how much Toronto fans hype Matthews as a 1B to McDavid but Flame fans hyping Monahan as a #1C is actually worse.

The difference is AM is actually a superstar #1C whereas Monahan has now proved he's actually worse than even a good #2C. He's a middle of the pack #2C.

Toronto says hell no.

Putting the trade aside you, Monahan not even a good 2c? Seriously?

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I understand TO fans turning this down. I thinn there are some interesting elements to it though. They get a couple more Toronto boys in Monahan and Bennett who will be very motivated to play for the hometown squad. Hanifin is a potential top pair dman. Spreads more cap commitment back to the d while maintaining a strong 1a 1b centre balance between tavares and Monahan.

For the flames, it gives them the all-American 1st line of gaudreau-matthews-tkachuk and gives them the legit superstar they have missed forever. Also matthews-McDavid would take on a whole new level of meaning.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Huge fan of Tkachuk. Matthews for Tkachuk+Monahan is damn tempting. That would be so hard to do though for all involved. That said it's best for both teams to give it another year before they make any drastic decisions.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I understand TO fans turning this down. I thinn there are some interesting elements to it though. They get a couple more Toronto boys in Monahan and Bennett who will be very motivated to play for the hometown squad. Hanifin is a potential top pair dman. Spreads more cap commitment back to the d while maintaining a strong 1a 1b centre balance between tavares and Monahan.

For the flames, it gives them the all-American 1st line of gaudreau-matthews-tkachuk and gives them the legit superstar they have missed forever. Also matthews-McDavid would take on a whole new level of meaning.

The Flames pieces in the deal are all very good. But just not enough to get the Leafs to move a guy like Matthews

Reactions: Flameshomer

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box

Toronto says hell no.

What? Please display all these Flames fans that think he is a #1C?

I usually see them claiming the team will go nowhere with him as a #1C.

I tend to agree with that, but to claim he's not even a good #2C is just plain old Oiler shit talk.

Reactions: Connor McConnor

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Calgary and Toronto have a storied history of making big shakeup trades.

Monahan+hanifin+Bennett+hamonic for Matthews+Kapanen+Barrie

In a vacuum
Barrie and Kapanen = hanafin and Bennett

So that leaves
Matthews for Monahan and Hamonic?

Toronto says absolutely not.
Not even freaking close.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
In a vacuum
Barrie and Kapanen = hanafin and Bennett

So that leaves
Matthews for Monahan and Hamonic?

Toronto says absolutely not.
Not even freaking close.

How are Barrie and Kap worth Hanifin? Guy has a great contract and is going to be a top pair D for another decade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad