OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
There is a way to avoid the bridges: sit behind the nets or lower than it obstructs. West balcony seats. Behind the net is cheaper too

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
picture.php

Laying down the new concrete floor - final layer before water/whitewater/ice

picture.php

Today - Looks like some sort of insulation material to help protect and set concrete.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
There is a way to avoid the bridges: sit behind the nets or lower than it obstructs. West balcony seats. Behind the net is cheaper too
Those west balcony seats were absolutely incredible both times I went in the past two seasons. Amazing angle and perspective to view a hockey game especially if you get the first row against the glass.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
And thats why I made sure to get to the 400s behind the net nyr shoots on 3 years ago when I saw this bridges plan first come up, just to avoid it before I was stuck. Greatest thing I ever did, 2nd row blue seats are golden for me, cost and view.

Yup, some of us who had the foresight to plan a few years in advance are in good shape now. I positioned myself to get seats in the front rows of the 300s on the good end with the thought that the 1st and 2nd rows of the new upper bowl would be money. I was right, as I ended up with seats in both last year, and they were/are great. However, I did downgrade my row 1s a during the most recent relocation process as the value just doesn't compare to row 2. No bridge worries either!

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
OK, and this needs to be brought up once a week for what reason? Bridges are going up, nobody here likes the idea, we get it. I have tickets in row 21 of the upper bowl. I am worried about my view, but do not feel the need to complain about it over and over again. If I go to the home opener and my view is seriously hindered, I am going to complain to my rep and see what can be done.

What do you think they could do for you when 200+ other affected season ticket holders who are affected are communicating similar complaints?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Everytime I have had a complaint over my tenure (10+ years, not too many complaints), they have accommodated me. Even if this time they don't, how does constantly moaning about it on here help? Especially the same complaint over and over again. Everyone is convinced the bridges are going to obstruct the view of the ice and ruin the atmosphere and ambiance of the game. It is ridiculous already. Complaining of "tunnel vision". Do you go to watch the action on the ice or the jumbotron? Oh, you want to "feel the energy of the whole crowd". Give me a break. One benefit of these bridges it should block my view of the dancing idiot. They have these bridges in Montreal (although i believe it is strictly for the press). Doesn't ruin anything up there.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
Everytime I have had a complaint over my tenure (10+ years, not too many complaints), they have accommodated me. Even if this time they don't, how does constantly moaning about it on here help? Especially the same complaint over and over again. Everyone is convinced the bridges are going to obstruct the view of the ice and ruin the atmosphere and ambiance of the game. It is ridiculous already. Complaining of "tunnel vision". Do you go to watch the action on the ice or the jumbotron? Oh, you want to "feel the energy of the whole crowd". Give me a break. One benefit of these bridges it should block my view of the dancing idiot. They have these bridges in Montreal (although i believe it is strictly for the press). Doesn't ruin anything up there.

Montreal also has a different crowd than nyc. The suits in Montreal care about the team as much as my equivalent at the very top...

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Montreal also has a different crowd than nyc. The suits in Montreal care about the team as much as my equivalent at the very top...
enough of this bs out of you already. I know plenty of people that wear a suit to the game and are just as die-hard as anyone else. The difference is they work in the city are required to wear a suit to work. We get it, you can't afford tickets so that means anyone who can is not a real fan or just a suit who is there to talk business and drink. Your act has gotten real old. Get yourself a better paying job so you can afford some tickets and stop complaining. If you do not have qualifications to get a better paying job, then go to school and get the qualifications.

srsly989

Sep 15, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
enough of this bs out of you already. I know plenty of people that wear a suit to the game and are just as die-hard as anyone else. The difference is they work in the city are required to wear a suit to work. We get it, you can't afford tickets so that means anyone who can is not a real fan or just a suit who is there to talk business and drink. Your act has gotten real old. Get yourself a better paying job so you can afford some tickets and stop complaining. If you do not have qualifications to get a better paying job, then go to school and get the qualifications.

They don't pay for their tickets. The lot of them get them as gifts.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Hi-def TV also works!

That too. For about a grand you can have an HD projector throwing a 100" or larger screen that lets you see things more clearly than from most seats at the Garden. I've been saying for years that the value proposition has changed with the arrival of HD and affordable big screen displays. True, you don't get the energy that you sometimes get seeing the game live...but then again you don't have to fight through mobs of people to stand on line for 20 minutes to get chicken fingers either. Playoffs and a few premiere regular season matchups aside...it's a far better deal to watch at home.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
They don't pay for their tickets. The lot of them get them as gifts.

And, how do you know that? The people to whom I am referring all pay for their own tickets. Again, they are season ticket holders who happen to have jobs that require them to wear a suit. One of the biggest misconceptions about the Rangers crowd is the belief that it is all corporate tickets. My friend used to sit in 224 before the renovation. He knew all the people around him and they were all regular fans like all of us. They could just afford to pay and were willing to pay more for their tickets. I knew someone in 219. I would buy an occassional game from him if I had sold mine and he needed to get rid of his. Everytime I bought his tickets, it was the same people sitting around me. All regular fans.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
And, how do you know that? The people to whom I am referring all pay for their own tickets. Again, they are season ticket holders who happen to have jobs that require them to wear a suit. One of the biggest misconceptions about the Rangers crowd is the belief that it is all corporate tickets. My friend used to sit in 224 before the renovation. He knew all the people around him and they were all regular fans like all of us. They could just afford to pay and were willing to pay more for their tickets. I knew someone in 219. I would buy an occassional game from him if I had sold mine and he needed to get rid of his. Everytime I bought his tickets, it was the same people sitting around me. All regular fans.

I'm sure that's true. And it's also true that hundreds of companies have thousands of seats in the lower bowl and they give them out to employees, clients, etc. and are rarely used by the same people two games in a row. There are all kinds of people in attendance.

What are we discussing again? lol

BDRangers16

Oct 11, 2009
www.flickr.com

One of the worst posts I've ever read on this board right here.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
One of the worst posts I've ever read on this board right here.

What's so bad about it? Why is there a common perception that your team loyalty is inversely related to the price of your seats? A die hard Ranger fan can't have seasons on the glass? Are people only true fans because they sit in the worst seats in the house? I never understood that sentiment.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
What's so bad about it? Why is there a common perception that your team loyalty is inversely related to the price of your seats? A die hard Ranger fan can't have seasons on the glass? Are people only true fans because they sit in the worst seats in the house? I never understood that sentiment.

Me neither. I know several people who go from working on Wall Street to MSG and are crazy fans.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Lets keep this thread on topic. All this bickering is ****ing Pejorative Slured. Keep that to the ticket thread or something.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Man they are still a loooong way from being complete. Good thing the opener is 10/28, means they have 74 days left to wrap this up. Still no announcement on the cancellation & refund of Knicks preseason games at MSG which would have to be played before 10/18

The rest will go quick, they banged out a majority of the major work. I am curious to see what the lobby entrance looks like. We have no updates on the progress of that unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad