Madden 20

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
They still have yet to call an intentional grounding penalty on the CPU.
Even if the caption for the CPU pass is a "throw away" into the stands it's simply an incomplete pass.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
After playing enough of this game, i can confirm it ****ing sucks. Especially online

- Zone defense straight up doesn't work. Linebackers and safeties will sometimes just sit in one spot without even moving and y'know, actually playing their zone like they're supposed to. Even if you do what you're supposed to user a linebacker, you get screwed because your dumb**** CPU literally doesn't know how to play defense

- Receivers running the dumbest routes imaginable. Jared Cook ****ed me because i called a post route and he does some weird zig zaggy crap that results in me throwing an INT because i wasn't expecting a cut. (he zigged like 3 ****ing times)

- User defensive line play has been nerfed into the floor and replaced with a crappy QTE.

- General overpoweredness of blocking. I love how Anthony Barr, one of the NFL's best pass rushing linebackers according to PFF is somehow able to get pancaked by some no name Cowboys tight end that isn't Jason Witten.

- Tackling feels like garbage. You can be right behind a guy for yards and he just doesn't do anything. The older games gave you an animation if you got close enough. Now you just run infinitely behind them, and if you dive 95% of the time you miss.

And the "wonderful" frostbite engine working its magic;

- Offensive x-factors are busted. Guys like Zeke and Gurley become unstoppable if they activate it, and most of the time you're at the mercy of your crappy CPU defenders.

Defense used to be fun in Madden too. WTF happened?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Sounds like there is no reason to upgrade. Maybe I will pick this up after a price drop. It's a shame because I was craving playing some video game football lately.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The patch fixes ****ing nothing with the gameplay. Just more superficial bells and whistles to polish the turd.

"Pass Deflected by Jason Verrett" (of course i couldn't go into the actual highlights and grab a slow mo clip)

IDK, looks like to me OBJ had a step on him after he blew the pick attempt and then drops the pass because Cleveland and/or this game is trash

Funny how you only see this **** like i've been posting in normal head to head play and MUT is somehow seamless. Gee, i wonder why

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
CPU QB's run now.

Kyler, Lamar, Josh(Allen), now have decent rushing totals.

But no designed runs I've seen so far. Mainly if you pick a man coverage play and there's like 20 yards of open space.

Better than nothing I guess.

I've noticed CPU QB's since the patch ignore you if you play MLB and play zone coverage over the middle. 5 INTs in one game on All-Madden.
Clearly covering the TE/WR and the QB pretends I'm not there.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The new game mode is stupid fun.

I'm also cautiously optimistic that little tidbit about them tweaking Zone coverage helps. As of now H2H is just people spamming man to man coverage and then one side torching the other with routes that beat man. Since zone is so bad you can't reasonably run it even if you user a LB/Safety because the AI blows multiple coverages across the field.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The gameplay clips of this game are hilarious. How do you get worse and that buggy when all you do is copy and paste.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
I’m starting a Madden Online Franchise on Xbox one if anyone is interested. It’ll be sim style 24-48 hr advance. First come first serve in terms of teams. If you’re interested HMU on Xbox Live GT: Greb

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I have a gripe with 20:

When I play the 4th quarter, the kicking meter disappears. Whether the play is a field goal, punt, kickoff, or free-kick after safety, the arc is missing.

Is this a glitch, or is there some setting that I'm overlooking?

Edit 1: I'm not the only one experiencing this problem...

madden 20 kick meter disappeared - Google Search

Edit 2: I used "Madden NFL 19" in the original search instead of 20. #MyBad.

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
this game is stupid fun... huhuh
i just havent buy/played one in forever. so i notice all the crap that its useless for someone who has been playing this all this time.

many glitches, but hasnt cost me any games and i dont play online. so even if i lose ill just complain online and life continues.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Started a franchise with the Eagles with current rosters. Traded Agholor for Q. Nelson. Nelson has 0 cap penalty for trade/release. All other additions are 1 year signings. After the year I have no cap space. No cap penalties. I had to drop add the practice squad players to sign a K and P. I have 1 QB, 1 RB, 0 FS, and 1 SS. I wasn't able to re-sign anyone or bring anyone else in. If I trade anyone (or release anyone) to try to free up space, I'd get hit with a cap penalty and it would negate the move. Nothing I can do. Any suggestions?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Started a franchise with the Eagles with current rosters. Traded Agholor for Q. Nelson. Nelson has 0 cap penalty for trade/release. All other additions are 1 year signings. After the year I have no cap space. No cap penalties. I had to drop add the practice squad players to sign a K and P. I have 1 QB, 1 RB, 0 FS, and 1 SS. I wasn't able to re-sign anyone or bring anyone else in. If I trade anyone (or release anyone) to try to free up space, I'd get hit with a cap penalty and it would negate the move. Nothing I can do. Any suggestions?
I assume you traded for a bunch of draft picks? The game takes the picks cap hit into account so if you have a bunch of draft picks it takes up a lot of cap room because it signs them automatically.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I assume you traded for a bunch of draft picks? The game takes the picks cap hit into account so if you have a bunch of draft picks it takes up a lot of cap room because it signs them automatically.
No. I traded up in the 1st. I get the rookie pool that you need. Even if I didn't do that, there is no cap space.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
No. I traded up in the 1st. I get the rookie pool that you need. Even if I didn't do that, there is no cap space.
Did you happen to not re-sign players that would leave that position empty in the off season? I know I did that one year and the cpu signed them (even though I have everything set to manual) to ridiculously expensive contracts.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Did you happen to not re-sign players that would leave that position empty in the off season? I know I did that one year and the cpu signed them (even though I have everything set to manual) to ridiculously expensive contracts.
I couldn't afford to re-sign anyone. After the draft, I had 1 QB, 1 RB, 7 or 8 OL, 2 DT, 5 or 6 LB, 3 CB, 0 FS 1 SS, 1 K, 1 P. The K and P was only after I released a bunch of practice squad players making about 500k each.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I couldn't afford to re-sign anyone. After the draft, I had 1 QB, 1 RB, 7 or 8 OL, 2 DT, 5 or 6 LB, 3 CB, 0 FS 1 SS, 1 K, 1 P. The K and P was only after I released a bunch of practice squad players making about 500k each.
I'm talking about before the draft. During the season they have little re-sign phases. One year I elected to not sign some players which would have left that position empty (I was planning on signing players for cheap for that position) and it automatically signed a bunch of players for a lot of cap to fill those spots.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm talking about before the draft. During the season they have little re-sign phases. One year I elected to not sign some players which would have left that position empty (I was planning on signing players for cheap for that position) and it automatically signed a bunch of players for a lot of cap to fill those spots.
I had about $10 million during the "re=sign players" during the season. I didn't re-sign anyone because I didn't know how to re-sign so many players with so little cap space. The CPU didn't sign anyone for me. I'll have to keep looking into it.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I had about $10 million during the "re=sign players" during the season. I didn't re-sign anyone because I didn't know how to re-sign so many players with so little cap space. The CPU didn't sign anyone for me. I'll have to keep looking into it.
Check your roster. I didn't think the cpu signed anyone for me either then I notice the ridiculous contracts of some 60 ovr players ect...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad