Mad at DD on the first line? Dale Weise it! MTL 6-2 NJ

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Anyone else noticed PK 'punching' Pleky in the face when the players left the ice and Pleky 'slashing' PK?

Yes I saw it, it wasn't much of a punch... I think PK was messing around, Plek just wasn't expecting it didn't like it. Looking at both there faces it seem like Plek wasn't happy and PK didn't understand Plek reaction...

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
That influence possibly saved the kid's career.

He gave him that little extra second to let him develop his game at this pace. What Gonchar did was something no Habs could give him minus maybe Markov but we need his domination with PK Subban. I can't wait until it starts showing on the stats sheet.

I agree, before Beaulieu was paired with Gonchar, I really was starting to think we as Habs fans had overrated him. (Shocking I know :sarcasm: )Since obtaining Gonchar, I've seen a total 180 from Beaulieu.

Beaulieu being able to soak-up Gorges-like minutes will prove to be very, very useful.

For all his warts Gorges could play 20 minutes and still not hurt the team. Beaulieu is the x-factor in our D, from the corps being generally average to very very good.

Another good point. I was one of a few that was sad to see Gorges go. But that trade has definitely given Beaulieu a chance to really show what he can do.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Anyone else notice the A missing from PK's sweater?

edit - youtubed a summary of the game against the Sabres he didn't have it during that game either. Therrien sending a message?

NO. They have switched the A wearing roles int he second half. This is how bad rumours start.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Read my posts.

I dont want any undersized players on this roster other than Gallagher.

Ship out DD, Andrighetto, Thomas, Dumont, Reway, Lekhonen tomorrow and I would be extremely happy that the Habs are making progress.

However, DD still wears a Habs sweater. When he scores points and his line plays well, I am going to cheer for him, for Dale Weise. You should have seen the fist pump I did when Eller scored his goal.

Habs fan regards......

Didn't seem that happy when the Have were winning with Galchenyuk at C or when Have signed Subban.

SherbrookeW

Nov 20, 2007
Read my posts.

I dont want any undersized players on this roster other than Gallagher.

Ship out DD, Andrighetto, Thomas, Dumont, Reway, Lekhonen tomorrow and I would be extremely happy that the Habs are making progress.

Uh -- have you ever actually watched what are sometimes called ice hockey games? You do know that there is zero correlation between the physical size of a roster and its success? And that bigger has demonstrably nothing to do with being better? http://grantland.com/features/fast-small-vs-slow-big-ice/
If the well established facts in the case don't convince you, try common sense: last spring a big, tough team took on a smaller, quicker team. One team was called the Boston Bruins. The other team was called the Montreal Canadiens. You'd be surprised by the result.
Shame the size-gogglers weren't around in the glory years. They could have shipped out Yvan Cournoyer ,too. No need for a smurf like that!

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
Uh -- have you ever actually watched what are sometimes called ice hockey games? You do know that there is zero correlation between the physical size of a roster and its success? And that bigger has demonstrably nothing to do with being better? http://grantland.com/features/fast-small-vs-slow-big-ice/
If the well established facts in the case don't convince you, try common sense: last spring a big, tough team took on a smaller, quicker team. One team was called the Boston Bruins. The other team was called the Montreal Canadiens. You'd be surprised by the result.
Shame the size-gogglers weren't around in the glory years. They could have shipped out Yvan Cournoyer ,too. No need for a smurf like that!

Yeah, also, that scrub, Henri Richard. How did they leave that smurf in the lineup for so long?

You need big, strong centers to play defense! Like Guy Carbonneau! :yo:

Okay, enough :p

I'm guessing the players got massively told after losing to Arizona and Buffalo. They were ready to play hockey tonight! We need to see that more.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
From casually watching you guys for a little bit, although it's quite obvious, just want to say:

PK Subban was a beast tonight.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
Yeah, also, that scrub, Henri Richard. How did they leave that smurf in the lineup for so long?

You need big, strong centers to play defense! Like Guy Carbonneau! :yo:

Okay, enough :p

I'm guessing the players got massively told after losing to Arizona and Buffalo. They were ready to play hockey tonight! We need to see that more.

Apparently, according to a video posted (Weise I think it was who said), they had some of their hardest practices of the season this week. Maybe they need more of that?

Last edited:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Can someone explain why Thomas hasn't been sent down yet? 9 games of being useless should be a long enough tryout.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
...for what, a KHL team??...he hasn't done much since he was called up; who the hell is gonna trade for him??...

Yep specially since we have many small players with a better ceiling than him. Why would anyone take him when they can ask for Ghetto, Reway, Lekonen, or Dumont. None of those guys are top prospects and asking for them in any trade is fair.

Analyzer*

Just watched the highlights on nhl.com. Subban looked really good.

Hopefully there are some goals left for tomorrow.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
...so anyone disagree that Gilbert was by far the worst Hab on the ice tonite??...

he's gonna get moved. until then keep it on the low. ;)

Beaulieu-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Gonchar
Weaver

Seriously they just got a baby so maybe he was tired.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nice to see us dominate a game for a change. Strong game by PK, nice to see Eller break out with a goal and for once we didn't have to lean on Carey for the win.

Bring on the Bruins.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
That influence possibly saved the kid's career.

He gave him that little extra second to let him develop his game at this pace. What Gonchar did was something no Habs could give him minus maybe Markov but we need his domination with PK Subban. I can't wait until it starts showing on the stats sheet.

:laugh: You are so dramatic.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

I watched Cournoyer play. Different era. The average size of players were smaller then.

There is a reason the Kings have been successful in the Stanley Cup playoffs. They are talented and big.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Total domination By beast-mode Habs! I love it.

Now, let's do it again tomor! Let's light Raskbasket up good.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Watching the game right now. I love De La Rose's play. Amazing poise and maturity for a guy who is still junior-aged for another season and a half.

Liked his physicality, defensive awareness....

Would be a tremendous asset for a middle-6 spot (I'd rather him be an elite third liner than a weak second liner) but I can see how other teams would ask for him for a veteran.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Watching the game right now. I love De La Rose's play. Amazing poise and maturity for a guy who is still junior-aged for another season and a half.

Liked his physicality, defensive awareness....

Would be a tremendous asset for a middle-6 spot (I'd rather him be an elite third liner than a weak second liner) but I can see how other teams would ask for him for a veteran.

What's great is he wasn't drafted to crack the top 6, he's going to be a perfect third liner, and for once its a good thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad