Mackinnon with his first 100 point season

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Diet is just a major thing and so many people don't seem to realize how important it is.
I've changed my diet over the last year to less carbs, less processed products, less Omega 6 fats and I'm healthier than ever.
I just wish id have done this at least 20 years ago.
Well he said the diet was also impacting his mentality. He started with a sports therapist. Meaning trying to do everything himself, lower stress tolerance, etc, and when he got more mental clarity his vision opened up and he made better plays instead of forcing it. He had enough talent to an average player in the league that way but he wasn't satisfied due to the immense pressure of being a #1 overall.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Math is not your strong point you can't add games he never played into his pace

1.354 PPG X 74 = 100

And can you tell me how many points he would get if he would miss one more game? Which is exactly what I am saying in my post. Your multiplication is exactly what the post you quoted says, what are you trying to say.

As for your first point, I completelly dissagree... For a player which missed games in each of his last 3seasons it would be stupid IMO to calculate his pace based on the assumption that he would never miss another game the remaining of that season.

Over the last 3 seasons he missed 36 games, but yea sure assuming that he does not play the remaining 26 games means I do not have good math skills.

Look, I am not saying that he is not a great player. And I am not saying that he would had not hit 100 that season, I am only saying that 100 points was not a lock. Exactly how 153 points were not a certainty for McDavid, and why nobody claims that McD already has a 150+ season.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
And can you tell me how many points he would get if he would miss one more game? Which is exactly what I am saying in my post. Your multiplication is exactly what the post you quoted says, what are you trying to say.

As for your first point, I completelly dissagree... For a player which missed games in each of his last 3seasons it would be stupid IMO to calculate his pace based on the assumption that he would never miss another game the remaining of that season.

Over the last 3 seasons he missed 36 games, but yea sure assuming that he does not play the remaining 26 games means I do not have good math skills.

Look, I am not saying that he is not a great player. And I am not saying that he would had not hit 100 that season, I am only saying that 100 points was not a lock. Exactly how 153 points were not a certainty for McDavid, and why nobody claims that McD already has a 150+ season.
The whole post I originally made was McDavid Draisaitl and Mackinnon have been on PACE for 100 points the most since 15/16 then you started adding in the games that Mackinnon missed in your posts like 65 points in 56 games when he had 65 in 48. Then you start moving the goalposts to well if he missed other games, anyways moving on cheers

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Much respect to the guy, was always a matter of when never if he breaks 100. The spirit brother to Foppa. Other than my team, the next best player to follow and watch.

Reactions: nturn06

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
The whole post I originally made was McDavid Draisaitl and Mackinnon have been on PACE for 100 points the most since 15/16 then you started adding in the games that Mackinnon missed in your posts like 65 points in 56 games when he had 65 in 48. Then you start moving the goalposts to well if he missed other games, anyways moving on cheers
Yes, again he had 65 points in his team's 56 games... The fact that he missed 8 games out of 56 (1 out of each 7) is relevant to the pace too. And let me iterate again that this is not a pace for 100 points in a full season. I stand by my math, despite your claim.

We are going into circles with this discussion, but again for a player who for 3 consecutive season misses on average a game out of each 6+, pace is not calculated assuming that he does not miss any single game. And again, I ask you, how many points he would had have if he only played 25 out of the remaining 26 games that season.

Reactions: Video Nasty

Galactico

Feb 17, 2016
Canada
Yes, again he had 65 points in his team's 56 games... The fact that he missed 8 games out of 56 (1 out of each 7) is relevant to the pace too. And let me iterate again that this is not a pace for 100 points in a full season. I stand by my math, despite your claim.

We are going into circles with this discussion, but again for a player who for 3 consecutive season misses on average a game out of each 6+, pace is not calculated assuming that he does not miss any single game. And again, I ask you, how many points he would had have if he only played 25 out of the remaining 26 games that season.
42D107B7-A5FE-402D-866A-E5CD3C776DB3.jpeg

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Mack has insane drive. I’ll take him over any other player in the Leauge.

And that is not said to rip your favorite player

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I knew the kid would turn it around and make a half-decent career out of this hockey thing.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
He is also the only PPG player at even strength this year.
Which is great as a fan because the best highlight reel goals are usually ones at even strength.

Shorthanded you may get a nice breakaway goal, but when you’re at full strength and can’t contain him (which is often the case this year) it leads to a lot of jump out of your seat moments.

Reactions: Uncle Nate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad