Mackinnon with his first 100 point season

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
He’s not a vegetarian. He just limits his carb intake from all accounts. He watches his diet. Can’t knock the dude I guess, since changing his diet, he’s a whole different player.

If I had to guess his injuries come from playing style. He’s a bull out there and doesn’t shy away from contact. A bit of an hot head and he tries to go thru people rather than around. It doesn’t always work out. Keep in mind 2 of the the 3 not getting to 100 were shortened seasons.
You mean 2 out of the 5

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
And he missed games in both season like pretty much every other season.

You mean second best player on his team (Makar) also doesn't his linemate have 94 points lol.

No... Mackinnon has easily been the best player on the Avs this year. Both Rantanen and Makar have been passengers to Mackinnon similar to how Draisaitl is a passenger to McDavid.

Reactions: Galactico

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Jesus for the last time 2 out of the last 3 seasons were shortened because of Covid and not due to injury.
Really the last 3 because he missed 10 games because of a positive covid test last year.

This is the first year since 2018-19 that covid didn't prevent him for getting it. So glad he did it so everyone can shut up about him not being a 100 pt player.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
And he missed games in both season like pretty much every other season.

You mean second best player on his team (Makar) also doesn't his linemate have 94 points lol.
MacK > Makar. Really hoping Makar didn’t peak last year

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Wrath

Jan 13, 2012
Leave it to HFB for a player milestone thread to be filled with backhanded compliments and mentions of how teammates/linemates are doing a lot of heavy lifting.

Seriously, he's one of the most electric players to watch (probably second to just McDavid in terms of producing jaw-dropping wow moments on a regular basis). He's also clearly been the best player on the Avs this year (if you want to say Makar last year RS or last year playoffs, be my guest).

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Pretty crazy stat for one of the contenders for 2nd best player in the league. A healthy full-season MacK would definitely be putting up 120+.

Let's be real though - MacK doesn't get his rep from the regular season anyway. He's an excellent performer when it comes to playoffs. Will be interesting to see if Colorado can become a wagon again this year. I think Dallas is a paper-tiger but the Wild are the real deal.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Glad to see he finally hit it, I was beginning to think the man was cursed.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Feels kind of sad to see MacKinnon hit 100 points. He was heading towards becomming the greatest player to never put up a 100 point season. Now he's just an average jobber with a 100 point season like Joe Juneau or Dennis Maruk...

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I was surprised to learn a few days ago that modano never hit 100.

Now seeing that Mackinnon never did it before surprises me just as much.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Feels kind of sad to see MacKinnon hit 100 points. He was heading towards becomming the greatest player to never put up a 100 point season. Now he's just an average jobber with a 100 point season like Joe Juneau or Dennis Maruk...
You seem to be needing attention. Just create a thread. Your hot takes aren't as amusing as they used to be though.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Yeah I bet McDavid hopes he never wins a cup so he can be the greatest player to never win one of those

Reactions: Nathaniel Skywalker

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Let's go! Mack was been a wagon since 2017 carrying those Avs. It's great he got his 100 point season we know he deserved it. His goal scoring really picked up the second half

Puts them in the playoffs with that OT shot

Last edited:

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
He’s not a vegetarian. He just limits his carb intake from all accounts. He watches his diet. Can’t knock the dude I guess, since changing his diet, he’s a whole different player.

If I had to guess his injuries come from playing style. He’s a bull out there and doesn’t shy away from contact. A bit of an hot head and he tries to go thru people rather than around. It doesn’t always work out. Keep in mind 2 of the the 3 not getting to 100 were shortened seasons.
Diet is just a major thing and so many people don't seem to realize how important it is.
I've changed my diet over the last year to less carbs, less processed products, less Omega 6 fats and I'm healthier than ever.
I just wish id have done this at least 20 years ago.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Always been crazy to me that he’s never hit that mark.

It’s a silly arbitrary stat when you really think about it, but I’m sure he’s excited to finally have a 100+ point season.

I’m honestly more shocked that the season he did it was the one without Landeskog.

Reactions: lionsDen

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Finally.

I mean he’s been an 100 pt player for years but it’s cool to finally see him get there.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Glad he finally did it and it’s something that we don’t really have to talk about anymore.

I’m perfectly fine with being a little cautious with MacKinnon in the regular season and having him at 100% heading into the playoffs. The regular season, and all the accolades that go with it, only exist to set up the playoffs anyway.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
Let's go! Mack was been a wagon since 2017 carrying those Avs. It's great he got his 100 point season we know he deserved it. His goal scoring really picked up the second half

Puts them in the playoffs with that OT shot
Well, they were in the playoffs regardless but that extra point did put them into first in the division for the moment.

They need to stop trying to force the 50th for Rants and just play their game though, almost cost them last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad