Value of: MacKinnon to NYR

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The "Red Wings Suck" chants in the Pepsi Center when they're playing any other team beg to differ. If either teams' fans haven't moved on, it's the Avs.

True, but your average fan that shows up to the Pepsi Center for Wings games is an ever-so-slightly different subset of the fanbase than we HFavs -ers...

...and I always wonder how much of that is genuine vs how much of that is just drunk hipsters doing their best Randy-training-to-face-Batdad impersonation.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
True, but your average fan that shows up to the Pepsi Center for Wings games is an ever-so-slightly different subset of the fanbase than we HFavs -ers...

...and I always wonder how much of that is genuine vs how much of that is just drunk hipsters doing their best Randy-training-to-face-Batdad impersonation.

Sort of like the "Potvin Sucks" chant at MSG these days. Half those people couldn't tell you who Potvin is.

Reactions: leetch99

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sort of like the "Potvin Sucks" chant at MSG these days. Half those people couldn't tell you who Potvin is.

I know that some of it is sincere, at least on some level...with so many ex-chicagoans now living in Denver it can’t not be...but I suspect that a big part of it is exactly that. People who don't really feel any rivalry anymore & are just f***ing around or who didn't become fans until after the rivalry had died & are having fun playing "rivalries”, like some over-served children playing the hockey equivalent to "house".

...and I suspect this because I had way too much fun doing that very thing when I visited my friend in Ann Arbor a couple seasons ago & we made our way up to Detroit for the Avs-Wings game :laugh:

Last edited:

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016

:laugh: True, also doesn't help that they do those cheesy crowd plants in Red Wings jerseys up on the jumbotron and we've had to endure years of Mike Haynes do his best John-Ritter-from-Bad-Santa reaction to the mere mention of the Wings.

giphy.gif

Reactions: cgf

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Sure, here's a trade for the Rangers:

Nathan MacKinnon

for

Mika Zibanejad
Pavel Buchnevich
Filip Chytil
Brady Skjei
Lias Andersson
2019 1st
2020 1st

Otherwise, nothing to discuss.

Forgot our best prospects in Shestyorkin and Kravtsov. ;)

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
MacKinnon put up 97 points last year as a 22 year old and is about to go above and beyond that this year as a 23 year old. We're essentially looking at back to back 100 point seasons for Mac..at what point does he become a generational player if this isn't enough? especially given his young age.

100 point seasons seem to be the requirement for McDavid so why isn't it for MacKinnon? is it the misguided belief that there cannot be more than 1 generational player simultaneously?

There is zero chance the Avalanche trade him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
MacKinnon put up 97 points last year as a 22 year old and is about to go above and beyond that this year as a 23 year old. We're essentially looking at back to back 100 point seasons for Mac..at what point does he become a generational player if this isn't enough? especially given his young age.

100 point seasons seem to be the requirement for McDavid so why isn't it for MacKinnon?

If he asks out because we’ve failed to build a contender around him by the last year or two of his contract, then I would hope Joe moves him rather than letting us get Tavares’d.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Honestly was hoping he would throw out a package for ****s and gigs

I'm not even sure there is a realistic one to be made

Seriously though. I dont think the Rangers could do it. They dont have a piece that big enough to be a centerpiece to convince the Avs to do it.

Zibanejad
Kravtsov
2019 1st
Skjei

Those are probably the 4 most valuable assets in New York and simply put they dont cut it.

Trendkill101

May 27, 2013
Everyone was calling for Sakic to hit the panic button and move Duchene as soon as possible, he stayed patient and waited until he got an offer he couldn't refuse. He's smart. No way he over reacts and moves MacKinnon after this, especially so quickly.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

100 point seasons seem to be the requirement for McDavid so why isn't it for MacKinnon? is it the misguided belief that there cannot be more than 1 generational player simultaneously?

When he’s the best player of his generation. It’s pretty simple.

CptJealousy

Nov 7, 2018
Mack for a 7th rounder after bench debacle...thats legit logic right for HF??? Many will balk me being a noob.

Joined in 2018 fan since your dads nut bag so I don't know anything since this board is the end all be all of hockey knowledge based in join date :) DFM. Reasoning behind second point of post was that I saw earlier that apparently one's hockey knowledge is strictly based on HF join date which drives me up a wall since join date had no inclusion on knowledge base, but hey its the internet nothing is logical right? I just joined so i must be 5 years old and just started following hockey? FFS

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Nonsense.

Rangers will get MacKinnon and then McDavid next.

And any other Mc’s or Mac’s that are worth a damn.

Leafs fans are lucky they don’t have a MacMatthews or McMarner.

And suddenly I’m craving a Big Mac.

Reactions: CptJealousy

CptJealousy

Nov 7, 2018
Nonsense.

McLOVE IT!!!

Reactions: Kupo

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Mack for a 7th rounder after bench debacle...thats legit logic right for HF??? Many will balk me being a noob.

Joined in 2018 fan since your dads nut bag so I don't know anything since this board is the end all be all of hockey knowledge based in join date :) DFM. Reasoning behind second point of post was that I saw earlier that apparently one's hockey knowledge is strictly based on HF join date which drives me up a wall since join date had no inclusion on knowledge base, but hey its the internet nothing is logical right? I just joined so i must be 5 years old and just started following hockey? FFS
Username checks out

Reactions: cgf and CptJealousy

CptJealousy

Nov 7, 2018
Username checks out to be one jealous MF of the other elite teams around the league who don't have Pre-Madonnas on their team. :) jk I love the avs more than my own life

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Just wondering, if this is after the season and Rangers end up with the #1 pick - do opinions change that Rangers don't have enough assets?

Reactions: leetch99

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Sure, here's a trade for the Rangers:

Nathan MacKinnon

for

Mika Zibanejad
Pavel Buchnevich
Filip Chytil
Brady Skjei
Lias Andersson
2019 1st
2020 1st

Otherwise, nothing to discuss.
We get to keep Kravtsov, Miller, and Shestyorkin? Deal.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Just wondering, if this is after the season and Rangers end up with the #1 pick - do opinions change that Rangers don't have enough assets?
Rangers can't have the first pick... Sens do and the Avs will have the 2nd with their pick. I can hear it now, Hughes to kakko for the win. It's all part of the plan but Mack is trying to hide it!!!!

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Rangers wouldn't put together a package of players that make it worthwhile to Colorado. Sakic's job isn't on the line and he's a very patient man with a solid trade record.
If the Rangers want their rebuild to be set back half a decade though, feel free to shoot your shot.

yeah for sure some good points and it won`t happen even though we have a strong 1st pick in 2019, because the whole team including coaching staff is the worst of all teams in NHL at the moment 5 losses, and the defense is hot garbage with M. Staal and others.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Lol at fans arguing. MacKinnon value has to be among the highest in the NHL . He produces just shy of McDavids numbers at 1/2 the price . Think about it another way MacK + a 6.2 million player vs McDavid . I love McD as an Oiler fan but would trade him for MacK + Barrie . Would still leave some money for a 4 th liner . McD is the best player but MacK is the best bang for your buck and would allow more money to build a better roster .

A few years ago I had a argument on the Oilers board where fans were saying they wouldn’t trade Draisaitl for MacK . Now this was before MacK broke out . I laugh at them and said you make the trade all day long . You can just see MacK oozes talent . Same reason I argue about not trading Puljujarvi however Chia is our GM so bye bye Puljujarvi hello 4th round pick

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Nonsense.

McMac is in McTampa

Reactions: Kupo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad