Value of: MacKinnon to NYR

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Although I will say the notion that the Rangers literally couldn't make an offer is an exaggeration.

They could do Kreider + Hayes + Kravtsov + Miller + a 1st if they wanted to be stupid.

Again, that does nothing for the Avs right now, but it's an outstanding offer.

I suppose in a vacuum without any consideration of contract status, but Hayes is a pending UFA in less than 4 months and Kreider only has one year remaining after this. I don't believe that they would be considered outstanding pieces for an under-25 year No. 1 center with multiple years remaining under contract. It seems strange to gloss over that fact in my mind.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I suppose in a vacuum without any consideration of contract status, but Hayes is a pending UFA in less than 4 months and Kreider only has one year remaining after this. I don't believe that they would be considered outstanding pieces for an under-25 year No. 1 center with multiple years remaining under contract. It seems strange to gloss over that fact in my mind.
No, like I said, there's mitigating factors here.

But comments to the effect of "I wouldn't take their entire team, their arena, Kristpas Porzingis, Aaron Judge, Mayor De Blasio, and the Statue of Libery for MacKinnon" are unnecessarily salty.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
This thread needs @bernmeister
Good topic for a discussion on a slow day in January . MacKinnon rowling with his coach....Avs one win 3 weeks ? Rangers rebuilding . Players get dealt all the time . I think every fan at some point has thought...hmm....never saw that one coming . Unhappy superstars tend to have the trump card in these situations . Yes...they likely would fire the coach first....but what if it runs deeper then that which is always a possibility . The Avs are terrible after a great start .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I wonder if Joe has had any experience regarding management siding with the coach instead of the star and how that turned out...:huh:

97854c9a-8362-4c6e-b369-8b71214eef91_JDX-2x1_WEB.jpg

Reactions: cgf and dahrougem2

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Good topic for a discussion on a slow day in January . MacKinnon rowling with his coach....Avs one win 3 weeks ? Rangers rebuilding . Players get dealt all the time . I think every fan at some point has thought...hmm....never saw that one coming . Unhappy superstars tend to have the trump card in these situations . Yes...they likely would fire the coach first....but what if it runs deeper then that which is always a possibility . The Avs are terrible after a great start .

There's plenty of deals we never saw coming, but when's the last time a real, legit megastar talent was traded in his prime?

Seguin broke out after he was traded, and Subban was dealt for what was seen around the league as an equivalent talent.

Maybe Hall? 80 points for the Oilers? Still, not a top 3-5 player in the game prior to the trade. None of these guys were.

The last bonafide top 5 player I can recall being traded is Joe Thornton.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Sure, here's a trade for the Rangers:

Nathan MacKinnon

for

Mika Zibanejad
Pavel Buchnevich
Filip Chytil
Brady Skjei
Lias Andersson
2019 1st
2020 1st

Otherwise, nothing to discuss.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No, like I said, there's mitigating factors here.

But comments to the effect of "I wouldn't take their entire team, their arena, Kristpas Porzingis, Aaron Judge, Mayor De Blasio, and the Statue of Libery for MacKinnon" are unnecessarily salty.

*Kristaps

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sure, here's a trade for the Rangers:

Nathan MacKinnon

for

Mika Zibanejad
Pavel Buchnevich
Filip Chytil
Brady Skjei
Lias Andersson
2019 1st
2020 1st

Otherwise, nothing to discuss.

Ewww. Make that K'Andre, not Skjei, if they want Joe to even call them back...

...oh and we'd need the traditional 2nd round pick that gets every HF-deal across the finish line :sarcasm:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Although I will say the notion that the Rangers literally couldn't make an offer is an exaggeration.

They could do Kreider + Hayes + Kravtsov + Miller + a 1st if they wanted to be stupid.

Sure they could make that offer

and the Avs would not take it.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Meh. A bunch of teams could make a significantly better off than that.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
It’s only really still a thing in Detroit. We care a lot more about our rivalry with Minny now-a-days.
The "Red Wings Suck" chants in the Pepsi Center when they're playing any other team beg to differ. If either teams' fans haven't moved on, it's the Avs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad