Value of: MacKinnon to NYR

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Just wondering, if this is after the season and Rangers end up with the #1 pick - do opinions change that Rangers don't have enough assets?

The Rangers clearly would not be interested in a trade if that was the case.
The dynamic changes profusely for them and their rebuild plans and suddenly, if they get Hughes, they might be willing to move players that were off limits beforehand. The Rangers are not and will not be players for Mackinnon.

Reactions: slg1963

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The Rangers clearly would not be interested in a trade if that was the case.
The dynamic changes profusely for them and their rebuild plans and suddenly, if they get Hughes, they might be willing to move players that were off limits beforehand. The Rangers are not and will not be players for Mackinnon.

I'd flip the #1 for a star like NM. He's young enough, and I have some questions about Hughes reaching that level. I understand that management probably wouldn't, because they would offset other players instead of trying to compete with Mackinnon, Kreider and Zibby right now. I was just seeing if opinions would changed. If I'm an Avs fan, I turn that down. Mackinnon is far more valuable than the #1.

Reactions: leetch99

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I'd flip the #1 for a star like NM. He's young enough, and I have some questions about Hughes reaching that level. I understand that management probably wouldn't, because they would offset other players instead of trying to compete with Mackinnon, Kreider and Zibby right now. I was just seeing if opinions would changed. If I'm an Avs fan, I turn that down. Mackinnon is far more valuable than the #1.

For the Av's, Mackinnon clearly has more value

For the Rangers, who have never had a true #1 pick, I think the prospect of drafting a potential star player, home grown, would be important for the mindset of the franchise and fans who are so used to quickly reloading and perennially competing rather than rebuilding.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
What kind of drugs do you have to be on to think the Avs would ever trade Mackinnon or that anything on the NYR team would be worth him?

You could offer the entire NYR team and the Avs would still say no.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
This thread is gold.

If the Rangers offered Aaron Judge for MacK, I would listen.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Mack for a 7th rounder after bench debacle...thats legit logic right for HF??? Many will balk me being a noob.

Joined in 2018 fan since your dads nut bag so I don't know anything since this board is the end all be all of hockey knowledge based in join date :) DFM. Reasoning behind second point of post was that I saw earlier that apparently one's hockey knowledge is strictly based on HF join date which drives me up a wall since join date had no inclusion on knowledge base, but hey its the internet nothing is logical right? I just joined so i must be 5 years old and just started following hockey? FFS

I'm not yet entirely sure how I feel about this schtick...but I think I like it :naughty:
Lol at fans arguing. MacKinnon value has to be among the highest in the NHL . He produces just shy of McDavids numbers at 1/2 the price . Think about it another way MacK + a 6.2 million player vs McDavid . I love McD as an Oiler fan but would trade him for MacK + Barrie . Would still leave some money for a 4 th liner . McD is the best player but MacK is the best bang for your buck and would allow more money to build a better roster .

A few years ago I had a argument on the Oilers board where fans were saying they wouldn’t trade Draisaitl for MacK . Now this was before MacK broke out . I laugh at them and said you make the trade all day long . You can just see MacK oozes talent . Same reason I argue about not trading Puljujarvi however Chia is our GM so bye bye Puljujarvi hello 4th round pick

Deal. No backsies.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Why would the Avs trade an MVP caliber player on one of the top 3-4 contracts in the league for a bunch of questions marks? Sakic has also proven to be quite patient in past trade negotiations. You just saw the media blow up a yelling match with his coach and think the AVs have to trade him now. Cmon man.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I literally do not think the Rangers even have the assass needed to make this trade, let alone win it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad