Proposal: Mackinnon to MTL for Galchenyuk++

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The problem with trading for Galchenyuk is that you have to pay Galchenyuk.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
MacKinnon is not getting moved.

Your team just finished with a lottery pick and that guy hasn't reached 60pts since his rookie season. He's not untouchable.

Galch isn't a big enough piece to start a conversation with Mack. All the rest is filler. Can't see this happening. Avs have no incentive to trade Mack, especially for this package.

Are you being serious? They're a wash offensively.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Your team just finished with a lottery pick and that guy hasn't reached 60pts since his rookie season. He's not untouchable.

Just because the team sucks doesnt mean players arent untouchable

In this case it's mackinnon, Jost, and rantanen per sakics words, and sakic isn't Bergevin(also I can't see any way zadorov or EJ get traded)

Even if he were touchable, galchenyuk isn't a proper main piece to come back

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Says who? You? A random message board fan? Sakic called him untouchable, and Friedman on Edmonton radio recently said he's as close to untouchable as you can get. I could care less about your opinion on the subject.

Corky

Mar 21, 2008
Singapore
Says who? You? A random message board fan? Sakic called him untouchable, and Friedman on Edmonton radio recently said he's as close to untouchable as you can get. I could care less about your opinion on the subject.

I don't know why Mackinnon would be considered an untouchable at this point of his career. He has been Yakupov-lite in terms of disappointment. I still like him but would not trade the farm for him.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
It would be Galchenyuk++ for Duchene you don't wanna hear the price for Mackinnon.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Doesn't matter what Sakic called him. Colorado made the playoffs once in the last 5 years and got booted in the first round when they made it. No one on a team like that is untouchable. Especially not a fairly disappointing 1st overall pick who hasn't eclipsed 60pts since his rookie season. If Sakic truly believes in that bull, no wonder Colorado is in the gutter. Only untouchable players are franchise cornerstones. That "untouchable" mentality is laughable, especially for someone of MacKinnon's caliber. Taylor Hall was moved for a top-tier second pairing defenseman. You really think Nathan MacKinnon cannot be moved? Hilarious.

Just because the team sucks doesnt mean players arent untouchable

In this case it's mackinnon, Jost, and rantanen per sakics words, and sakic isn't Bergevin(also I can't see any way zadorov or EJ get traded)

Even if he were touchable, galchenyuk isn't a proper main piece to come back
By "proper" do you mean not good enough or do you simply mean he doesn't fill a need as a return for MacKinnon.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Doesn't matter what Sakic called him. Colorado made the playoffs once in the last 5 years and got booted in the first round when they made it. No one on a team like that is untouchable. Especially not a fairly disappointing 1st overall pick who hasn't eclipsed 60pts since his rookie season. If Sakic truly believes in that bull, no wonder Colorado is in the gutter. Only untouchable players are franchise cornerstones. That "untouchable" mentality is laughable, especially for someone of MacKinnon's caliber.

Ah yes, Colorado's in the gutter because the GM doesn't want to move his 21 year old first overall pick with top potential who was the only player on the club to eclipse 50 points :laugh: I love the hot takes, keep them coming.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Ah yes, Colorado's in the gutter because the GM doesn't want to move his 21 year old first overall pick with top potential who was the only player on the club to eclipse 50 points :laugh: I love the hot takes, keep them coming.

He just completed his 4th year in the league and cracked 60pts once. Keep waiting for that "top potential". You'll be waiting for a long time.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
He just completed his 4th year in the league and cracked 60pts once. Keep waiting for that "top potential". You'll be waiting for a long time.

Thanks for the insight, I'll definetely keep it in mind. Can I borrow your glass ball, or you are too busy using it to definitively predict the futures of more 21 year olds? Maybe try Drouin next? Drafted same year as MacKinnon, cracked 50 points once in a much better organization.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
There is no combo of players/prospects from Montreal at this point in time that would even get me remotely interested in moving Mackinnon.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
So what is your status on Drouin? Is he just a 2nd liner at 22?

In what league is a 53pts a second liner? Surely not in the NHL. Guy just matched MacKinnon's pts output with one less year in the league and practically 2 seasons less worth of experience. It's very unlikely MacKinnon becomes an 80pts guy. It's far more likely he'll be a consistent 60pts guy which while very good is a far cry from the likes of McDavid, Auston Matthews or Crosby. You know, the actual untouchables.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
In what league is a 53pts a second liner? Surely not in the NHL. Guy just matched MacKinnon's pts output with one less year in the league and practically 2 seasons less worth of experience. It's very unlikely MacKinnon becomes an 80pts guy. It's far more likely he'll be a consistent 60pts guy which while very good is a far cry from the likes of McDavid, Auston Matthews or Crosby. You know, the actual untouchables.

Even if he were not untouchable, I don't think anyone realistically believes that the Avs would trade MacKinnon for Galchenyuk. No other pieces make sense now that Montreal has made other trades and traded Sergachev.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Even if he were not untouchable, I don't think anyone realistically believes that the Avs would trade MacKinnon for Galchenyuk. No other pieces make sense now that Montreal has made other trades and traded Sergachev.

That the trade might be bad because Colorado leaves a hole a center is understandable. That the trade is bad because Galchenyuk isn't good enough is preposterous.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton

Ok and Mack just did that on a team that scored 70 less goals than TBL your point?

It's always funny when people use a young guy that has played in every year since his draft against him, while the other player was still in the minors and it is seen as a positive.

He is untouchable for the Avs unless there is an actual offer that gives them a top end young D prospect. When will most habs fans realize this? Enough with all of these package deals thinking the value just adds up.

If Gally is as good as Mack then why are the Canadiens adding all this "value" ? Your young star D Beaulieu was just traded for a 3rd rounder.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
That the trade might be bad because Colorado leaves a hole a center is understandable. That the trade is bad because Galchenyuk isn't good enough is preposterous.

Okay, so even if Galchenyuk is the equal of MacKinnon in terms of value, which seems debatable in my mind, the fact that other factors make it unrealistic for Colorado should end the discussion.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Ok and Mack just did that on a team that scored 70 less goals than TBL your point?

It's always funny when people use a young guy that has played in every year since his draft against him, while the other player was still in the minors and it is seen as a positive.

He is untouchable for the Avs unless there is an actual offer that gives them a top end young D prospect. When will most habs fans realize this? Enough with all of these package deals thinking the value just adds up.

If Gally is as good as Mack then why are the Canadiens adding all this "value" ? Your young star D Beaulieu was just traded for a 3rd rounder.
Good, then he isn't untouchable.

Also lol, MacKinnon is supposed to be a 1st overall talent. These guys don't rely on others to score points. Put them with scrubs and they still get the job done. The fact that Tampa has scored 70 more goals is also partially due to the fact that guys like MacKinnon aren't good enough. He's supposed to be the best offensive talent on that team and bad linemates or not, 55pts on average since the start of his career is not acceptable for what you make him out to be.

It's used against him because he has 4 years of NHL experience under his belt. He might be 21 but he's been in the league for a minute. Can he still get better? Probably but I would have been far more inclined to believe that if it was his rookie or second season.

Okay, so even if Galchenyuk is the equal of MacKinnon in terms of value, which seems debatable in my mind, the fact that other factors make it unrealistic for Colorado should end the discussion.
MacKinnon is probably more valuable because he is a center. Offensively they are pretty much equal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad