MacKinnon or Landeskog?

If Avs didn't have a captain right now, who would you give the C to?

• Total voters

NeverBeNormal

Mar 27, 2007
Voted Mack, partially because of that video of him and Bednar, the guy's got that extra level of motivation that's rare and I think players would go through a wall watching their leader play as hard as he does. Not questioning Landy's effort but he doesn't affect the game the same way.

That said, I wholeheartedly agree that no change is necessary. I'm fine with Landy's solid play being our Toews while Mack racks up points as our Kane.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
giphy.gif

Reactions: the_fan

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yeah, Landy. I still think they gave it to him a bit too early, but that may not have been their intention. Hejduk was clearly not comfortable in the role and took the C off after only one season. Regardless, it's on the right jersey at present, no question whatsoever, as are the A's.
Felt the same that it was given to him too early ( I wanted ROR to be captain at the time) It should remain with Landeskog until he no longer with the team.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
Mack and Landy are both leaders. This whole team definitely follows where MacKinnon leads. When he scores and has positive body language and good effort, the team plays well. When he throws tantrums and puts in poor efforts, they dont play so well.

I mean I think MacKinnon is the #1 leader on the team but I think Landy is a great captain and I wouldn't take the C from him for any reason.

Hypothetically if they both came into the league at the same time, I think MacKinnon would have got the C.

But I honestly dont know if that would have been the right move.

The avs are lucky to have a lot of leaders.

Does Rants deserve an A here soon? Maybe 2021 season? He's definitely a leader on the team too and a consummate professional.???

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think Mack is a good leader in his actions. He’s very serious about winning and he’s always striving to improve during the season and the offseason. But he’s a pretty emotional guy which I think hampers his leadership abilities a little bit.

Landy seems to be the best emotional leader plus he sets a great example on the ice.

Seems like the perfect set up imo.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think Mack is a good leader in his actions. He’s very serious about winning and he’s always striving to improve during the season and the offseason. But he’s a pretty emotional guy which I think hampers his leadership abilities a little bit.

Landy seems to be the best emotional leader plus he sets a great example on the ice.

Seems like the perfect set up imo.

Yeah I like that MacK does not have the pressure.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Landeskog vs O'Reilly wasn't an easy one, that's for sure, I'm still not sure about this one, watching O'Reilly go was worst possible outcome. Also I enjoyed watching these guys in the same line.

From a Swedish point of view I rank Landeskog really, really high though when ranking captains. Personality wise, how he is dealing with interviews, his confidence, being totally fluent in english and his natural leader skills he is the best Swedish captain Sweden ever has had in the NHL if asking me, results is another story but his career isn't over yet.

The Swedish hockey audience is a really tough one, most people having limited knowledge about NHL. Landeskog need a final true breakthrough for the national team before becoming fully accepted as a future captain and star for the Swedish national team but it should happen soon.

Last edited:

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
Landeskog vs O'Reilly wasn't an easy one, that's for sure, I'm still not sure about this one, watching O'Reilly go was worst possible outcome. Also I enjoyed watching these guys in the same line.

From a Swedish point of view I rank Landeskog really, really high though when ranking captains. Personality wise, how he is dealing with interviews, his confidence, being totally fluent in english and his natural leader skills he is the best Swedish captain Sweden ever has had in the NHL if asking me, results is another story but his career isn't over yet.

The Swedish hockey audience is a really tough one, most people having limited knowledge about NHL. Landeskog need a final true breakthrough for the national team before becoming fully accepted as a future captain and star for the Swedish national team but it should happen soon.

I like this post but... Lidstrom!!! Hate the red wings but you have to respect that guy as the best Swedish Captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad