MacKinnon or Landeskog?

If Avs didn't have a captain right now, who would you give the C to?

• Total voters

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The Swedish hockey audience is a really tough one, most people having limited knowledge about NHL. Landeskog need a final true breakthrough for the national team before becoming fully accepted as a future captain and star for the Swedish national team but it should happen soon.

Always intrigued me how Landeskog is usually valued so much higher by NHL fans than Swedish NT fans. His game, the way he speaks English, developing in Kitchener...all seems tailored for hockey on this side of the Atlantic. Not that he has been poor for Sweden but if you ask NHL fans to rank current Swedish players versus Swedish fans to rank current Swedish players, I think there would be a gap. He certainly hasn’t had that Foppa postage stamp moment for Tre Konor.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
One of the best hockey decisions he ever made was no longer trying to be a wrecking ball just hitting everything in sight. He still plays a power game but is much smarter about it now. How he ages will probably depend on his skating but he likely bought himself more years at a high level by changing his style of play early in his career.

I 100% agree and I'm glad he made the change but damn was rookie Landy fun as hell.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think MacKinnon would be more of both vocal and lead by example type of captain. I know the whole yelling at Bednar didn't look good and its something a captain of a team wouldn't or shouldn't do, but maybe if MacK was the C, he wouldn't do that. And as I mentioned before, I'd like to put MacK with Crosby, McDavid as far as they are both wearing the C.

I guess I just don’t see what Mack does better than Landy that would lead to him being a better captain other than being a better player offensively.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I guess I just don’t see what Mack does better than Landy that would lead to him being a better captain other than being a better player offensively.
IMO MacK is a better competitor, I see him wanting to win little bit more than Landeskog. Landy at times look like he doesn't care that much even if that's not the case, just looks that way at times, also Landeskog has let the team down couple of times by getting suspended at key times in the season. Like I said, I'd give the C to MacK, maybe it's just a personal preference, but that's what I think

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
IMO MacK is a better competitor, I see him wanting to win little bit more than Landeskog. Landy at times look like he doesn't care that much even if that's not the case, just looks that way at times, also Landeskog has let the team down couple of times by getting suspended at key times in the season. Like I said, I'd give the C to MacK, maybe it's just a personal preference, but that's what I think

You're just seeing what you want to see. There have been plenty of instances where MacKinnon has put in a less-than-stellar effort, and let's not forget he took a little while longer to finally reach his potential than other superstars do (but I guess that's to the Avs' advantage now). Nate doesn't have any more "will to win" than Landy does. Players are human, but if there was a guy out there whose work ethic I'd question, Landy would be dead last.

In the end it's a f***ing piece of fabric...it means more to the fans than it does to the team IMO. Very rarely have I seen a team make a horrible choice to wear the C (the worst ever was probably Ference in Edmonton). This is the epitome of a "slow part of the offseason" debate, because it really isn't a debate.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Disagree about the A. Yes MacK has had some outbursts, but he impresses me with his humility, and determination lately. Especially when evaluating his own game. Being the best player on the team, and having a never enough attitude is enough for me.

Lacking emotion isn't a prerequisite for leadership. Neither is being perfect or making the right decision in every instance.
Mack also is a guy that your team rallies around on. Having a player as talented as he is putting in the effort he does energizes the team.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
There's not a single game where Landeskog isn't putting in the work. Look at what he's doing along the boards, in front of the net and defensively. Guys like that are a dream to have on your team and on your line. And that's just commenting what he's doing while on the ice.

He’s the 3rd line grinder Colorado deserves, but the 1st line left wing and captain it needs right now.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
giphy.gif

OK, I choose "die".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad