Value of: Mackenzie Blackwood

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
For those trying to use stats to evaluate the play of Blackwood aren’t taking context into this equation. The Devils have been one of the worst teams in the league and our team defence has been utterly atrocious.

The guy was in the running to be Canada’s #2 option for this years Olympics and had a very solid year, all things considered, before having all these negative string of events derail his progression and his season.

Fitz might have a solid offer from one or two teams but if he doesn’t know who will be taking over the second Mack is moved, our top goaltender isn’t going anywhere because regardless of anything else, he’s still our best option.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Crap. What about a RHD ? Have any you can offer . Not current roster ones , prospects?
Oilers are thin, organizationally, at RHD for prospects. We'd trade you Barrie if you're looking for one. He is probably the only right shot D we have available to move.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Blackwood is definitely worth at least a first and the devils would be foolish to trade him for anything less. Think of what you would trade for carter hart and take a little bit less off because of his injury
If he’s so valuable, why are you trading him?

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I never wanted to trade Blackwood because I know when healthy his true skill is that of a .915 goaltender with upside. Unfortunately, the team likely pressured him to play injured this year and as a result, his stats faltered and he lost a trust in the organization. I'm not sure what they are looking for, maybe a 1st and prospect. It's a shame, when he is on he is one of the leagues best.
Where is any of this stated? I saw a serravelli tweet somewhere but is it just conjecture. Because its been quiet here in Jersey
Doesn't help that there is not enough coverage on the team but is there stuff from Blackwood s camp sayin this stuff?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Where is any of this stated? I saw a serravelli tweet somewhere but is it just conjecture. Because its been quiet here in Jersey
Doesn't help that there is not enough coverage on the team but is there stuff from Blackwood s camp sayin this stuff?
I was just connecting the timeline.
- Blackwood gets surgery on heel that bothered him last year.
- Rehab isn't going well
- Blackwood is still sore but it is managable
- Blackwood is shut down to let heel get better
- Blackwood hasn't played since

Reactions: Tripod

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I was just connecting the timeline.
- Blackwood gets surgery on heel that bothered him last year.
- Rehab isn't going well
- Blackwood is still sore but it is managable
- Blackwood is shut down to let heel get better
- Blackwood hasn't played since
Yeah Im good with above but how did it get to:
Devs not happy with him off season, (maybe vax issue) but maybe surgery and then rehab go horribly wrong?
Devs just letting him play, I think thats BS
Is it just making smoke because its silly season or is there fire here?
New agent probably doesnt help things I am sure

The newes out there jsut seems a bit new and bold. They may have kept it quiet but seems odd

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00