Speculation: Macarthur to sign with Penguins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We know this is going to happen so why dream of unrealistic scenarios. I would break up that line, but I'm not in charge. So basically, I'm trying to put together lines that may have a chance at happening.

I know . . . ;)

It's actually why I like the idea of MacArthur. He plays LW primarily, I believe. Means 2nd and 3rd lines will be better with a signing like that than they were in the playoffs (not matter which or MacArthur and Bennett plays on which line).

Tidbit of the Day: Sid and MacArthur BOTH were on the 2005 world juniors championship team. :naughty:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Nothing can Bylsma proof the roster. Get rid of Nisky, and Bylsma will look for the first excuse to slot Engo into the top four. Don't sign MacArthur, and Bylsma will look for the first excuse to slot Jokinen rather than Bennett into the top six. You know he will. The good thing with MacArthur is that he actually plays LW and, like Bennett, also can help Geno.

Worst case scenario, Geno has a nice complement at LW, allowing Neal to play third wheel and the third line has a good winger. Best case, Dupuis goes to L3 RW. Either way, the Pens are better for a move like this.

Except the term would be at least three years, and that pushes the chances of Beau getting into the top six even farther. At least Jussi is a free agent after this season.

Just looked into it. Yeah. Speculation only. Still think it would help the Pens in a certain circumstance. ;)

Yeah, honestly I doubt it happens. Other teams will offer more. We'll see, I could be wrong.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Obviously depends on the price (if true), but MacArthur's always been a pretty good player.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I could really get to like-

Kunitz Crosby Dupuis
BB Malkin Neal
MacArthur Sutter Seto
Jokinen Vitale ????
That lineup should be on a Cottonelle package.....tissue soft right there.

Okay maybe not that soft but it doesn't scream "hard to play against".

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don't have any stats in front of me to support it, but he always seemed to be one of those Penguin killers. Not sure where he'd fit in though.

Fuzzy Bunny

Mar 5, 2007
MacArthur a Lloydminister kid who played in Alberta during his WHL days with Medicine Hat was in Edmonton on a visit.

Edmonton also had Clarkson in on a visit. I believe that if the Oilers are unsuccessful in signing Clarkson they will be quickto obtain MacArthur. Although, with their cap room they could potentially swing both.

One of MacArthur's close friends on the Leafs was Mike Brown, now with Edmonton.

Last edited:

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
MacArthur was pretty good under Wilson. He primarily played RW under Wilson so maybe he's a replacement for Kennedy but he can play either side so could be a replacement for Cooke.

He was part of the Kulemin - Grabovski - MacArthur line a few years ago. Believe it or not, it was one of the best lines in the NHL that year.

He has some offensive skill and works hard. Not really good defensively though.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
MacArthur a Lloydminister kid who played in Alberta during his WHL days with Medicine Hat was in Edmonton on a visit.

Edmonton also had Clarkson in on a visit. I believe that if the Oilers are unsuccessful in signing Clarkson they will be quickto obtain MacArthur. Although, with their cap room they could potentially swing both.

One of MacArthur's close friends on the Leafs was Mike Brown, now with Edmonton.

Makes more sense. I really don't see him being that good of a fit here.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
All a Clarke MacArthur would do is knock Beau Bennett down another peg...which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I really don't see the need for MacArthur with Bennett and Jokinen around, and Dupuis back, but is is what it is.

The term butter soft was pretty appropriate.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I have no idea who this EDM radio clown is but this doesn't need its own thread. It's just a rumor started from one of the worst of all rumor markets (EDM). Use the Sign and Trade thread.

@CV "Wouldn't surprise me if some guy on EDM radio made something up and then said 'wouldn't surprise me if ____ is on the Penguins radar.'"

Because there are probably 20 players on our radar. Doesn't mean we'll sign any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad