Speculation: Macarthur to sign with Penguins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
you can go over during the offseason, 10% i believe. someone would obviously be traded.

Yep. Lots of teams do it. Nothing says Shero can't sign a guy or two and then deal with being over the cap thereafter.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I like it. We need another forward who can play on any line. We'll have to give him term to fit him in though. I'd imagine 3-3.5 for 3 years.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Then let's trade Nisky for Seto?

MacArthur-Crosby-Seto
BB-Malkin-Neal
Kunitz-Jokinen-Dupuis
Glass-Vitale-???

I know, i know! no Dupuis to 3rd line, but it would give us some depth.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
If we sign him, our lines will be:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Macarthur-Malkin-Neal
Jokinen-Sutter-Bennett

and I hate that.

So I hope we don't sign him. I don't want to spend the rest of our cap space on a guy that will knock Beau out of the top six without really being that much better than anyone in our top six.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You've always said we need more guys that can create, and he seems like a guy that can.

I don't want to come off as seeing this guy as the second coming. He's not. But, he's got a skill set that works well for L2 LW, which would be a nice move IF Bylsma had the brains to then slot Bennett as L1 RW and give him time to grow into that role. He doesn't, so all I say is that Geno and Sutter will be better for a MacArthur signing . . . one will get Bennett and the other will get MacArthur. Sid will be ****** again when the playoffs come, but apparently he and Bylsma like it that way. ;)

mr sidney crosby

May 13, 2012
Pittsburgh

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Macarthur-Malkin-Neal
Jokinen-Sutter-Bennett

and I hate that.

So I hope we don't sign him. I don't want to spend the rest of our cap space on a guy that will knock Beau out of the top six without really being that much better than anyone in our top six.

So what do you want? Everyone *****es because we don't go after wingers, but then cries whenever we do.

Rico Fatastic

Jul 28, 2002
Problem being, where are we going to get the cap room from???
Looking at capgeek, it seems we have 11 forwards (with Stevie Mac being one) and when DJ signs we will probably only have around 500 k to play with.
If only there was someone on our team that could be traded. Perhaps someone making... say... $5 millionish. And maybe this someone played like ass in the playoffs. His name might hypothetically rhyme with Lark-Andre Blurry.

Yeah. Shero should trade someone like that.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Macarthur-Malkin-Neal
Jokinen-Sutter-Bennett

and I hate that.

That's my fear, but we really do need a guy like MacArthur for the top nine. Yeah, you cringe to think what it will mean for Bennett, but MacArthur instantly joins Bennett as the Pens best forward not named Sid or Geno working one on one.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Lets get that cap up and sign Kulemin next offseason. Top 9 forwards then complete.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
MacArthur is a great player, he's not really physical, but he's great at finding the back of the net. If you guys really do get him, good for you. He's been struggling a little this year, but he really proved himself in the last few games of the season.

Excellent pick up, he was one of the team leading scorers last year I think. We'll miss him as a leaf.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Then let's trade Nisky for Seto?

MacArthur-Crosby-Seto
BB-Malkin-Neal
Kunitz-Jokinen-Dupuis
Glass-Vitale-???

I know, i know! no Dupuis to 3rd line, but it would give us some depth.

I could really get to like-

Kunitz Crosby Dupuis
BB Malkin Neal
MacArthur Sutter Seto
Jokinen Vitale ????

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
So what do you want? Everyone *****es because we don't go after wingers, but then cries whenever we do.

If we sign a guy for our top six, I want him to at least be a clear upgrade over anyone so it doesn't suck as bad when Beau gets kicked out.

Macarthur isn't that. I'd rather just sign a third liner that's not really a tweener so Beau gets a chance.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I could really get to like-

Kunitz Crosby Dupuis
BB Malkin Neal
MacArthur Sutter Seto
Jokinen Vitale ????

Yeah, nothing like seeing your top line shut down against a tight checking, legitimately tough defensive team in the playoffs. :laugh:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
This was a tweet from this guy:

Bob Stauffer @Bob_Stauffer
Further to @JasonGregor's tweet. Wouldn't surprise me if Clarke MacArthur is on the #Penguins radar screen as well
7:44 PM - 4 Jul 2013

https://twitter.com/Bob_Stauffer/statuses/352936026366414848

So basically, he's speculating. I can't find any rumors from anyone else. Seems odd that the only person who knows about this is an Edmonton radio guy, right?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yepp. We need to Bylsma proof the roster. This doesn't do it.

Nothing can Bylsma proof the roster. Get rid of Nisky, and Bylsma will look for the first excuse to slot Engo into the top four. Don't sign MacArthur, and Bylsma will look for the first excuse to slot Jokinen rather than Bennett into the top six. You know he will. The good thing with MacArthur is that he actually plays LW and, like Bennett, also can help Geno.

Worst case scenario, Geno has a nice complement at LW, allowing Neal to play third wheel and the third line has a good winger. Best case, Dupuis goes to L3 RW. Either way, the Pens are better for a move like this.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This was a tweet from this guy:

Bob Stauffer @Bob_Stauffer
Further to @JasonGregor's tweet. Wouldn't surprise me if Clarke MacArthur is on the #Penguins radar screen as well
7:44 PM - 4 Jul 2013

https://twitter.com/Bob_Stauffer/statuses/352936026366414848

So basically, he's speculating. I can't find any rumors from anyone else. Seems odd that the only person who knows about this is an Edmonton radio guy, right?

Just looked into it. Yeah. Speculation only. Still think it would help the Pens in a certain circumstance. ;)

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Yeah, nothing like seeing your top line shut down against a tight checking, legitimately tough defensive team in the playoffs. :laugh:

We know this is going to happen so why dream of unrealistic scenarios. I would break up that line, but I'm not in charge. So basically, I'm trying to put together lines that may have a chance at happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad