Speculation: Macarthur to sign with Penguins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Bob Stauffer on Edmonton radio tonight said he heard from a source That Macarthur is signing with Penguins.

douglas-macarthur.jpg

He looks like he would be awfully slow.

In all seriousness, who expected a big splash this offseason? Signing Malkin and Letang for basically the best part of the remainder of their years should be enough for you all. We should get some real maneuvering room in a couple of years and going forward. Then you can expect bigger moves.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
solid 3rd liner, at what expense though? Coming off 3.625M cap hit.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
So, is he still going to score against us? With MAF goal, this seems possible.

He is primarily a LW, right? Imagine he'd play on Geno line if he is getting signed. Doubt he sign unless strong suggestions he's going to be centered by Malkin rather than Sutter.

Would seem to me that means Cooke is gone. Jokinen-Sutter-Bennett 3rd line? Though with DB, left and right wing are interchangeable.

Last edited:

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Id be pretty damn happy with a MacArthur signing actually. Id worry where Bylsma would play him but dude, he'd make a very good third liner for the Pens.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
20 goal guy; I could see him playing left wing on the third line.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
New center for the Pens? :sarcasm:

Be interesting if true. Curious where he would play since it looks like the top line will be the same forever under Dan. :cry:

On Vinyl

Oh Danny Boy
Jul 5, 2010
IAVDBTR
There's no way Bennett is a top six forward like Danny B said if this signing happens. I haven't seen alot of MacArthur other than when he scores on us. Would he be suitable on Malkin's line? Because you know that's where he would be playing.

Dr Frasier Crane

Oct 16, 2008
Boston, MA
Fedotenko-esque signing from a few years ago? Reminds me of him a bit. He can play on any of the top 3 lines, really. I'd take him around 2.5-3M caphit.

mr sidney crosby

May 13, 2012
Pittsburgh
He had a 62 point season in 2010-2011! With Crosby he could maybe put up 70+ points
Macauthur-Crosby-Bennett
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Jokinen-Sutter-Dupuis
zolnierczyk-Lapierre-Vitale

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
douglas-macarthur.jpg

He looks like he would be awfully slow.

In all seriousness, who expected a big splash this offseason? Signing Malkin and Letang for basically the best part of the remainder of their years should be enough for you all. We should get some real maneuvering room in a couple of years and going forward. Then you can expect bigger moves.

I think this MacArthur could get a lot of other teams to forfeit!

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I always liked him. Hope we don't get him because I'm sure he'll take Beau's spot and further ruin our top six.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Yeah, let's sign another third line tweener so Dan has more excuses to not play Bennett in the top six.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Problem being, where are we going to get the cap room from???
Looking at capgeek, it seems we have 11 forwards (with Stevie Mac being one) and when DJ signs we will probably only have around 500 k to play with.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So, is he still going to score against us? With MAF goal, this seems possible.

He is primarily a LW, right? Imagine he'd play on Geno line if he is getting signed. Doubt he sign unless strong suggestions he's going to be centered by Malkin rather than Sutter.

Would seem to me that means Cooke is gone. Jokinen-Sutter-Bennett 3rd line? Though with DB, left and right wing are interchangeable.

Yes, LW. Hmm . . . Kunitz-Sid-Bennett, MacArthur-Geno-Neal. Dupuis to L3. Won't happen, but it SHOULD.

Here's the deal with MacArthur. Not a sexy pickup, but he's got decent jam and board work, plays pretty sound defense, and IMO is a better one on one guy that Kunitz, Dupuis, or Neal. Up front, the only guys with more creativity in that department would be Sid, Geno, and Bennett.

bradshaw06

Dec 7, 2009
New Jersey
Problem being, where are we going to get the cap room from???
Looking at capgeek, it seems we have 11 forwards (with Stevie Mac being one) and when DJ signs we will probably only have around 500 k to play with.

you can go over during the offseason, 10% i believe. someone would obviously be traded.

bradshaw06

Dec 7, 2009
New Jersey
Yes, LW. Hmm . . . Kunitz-Sid-Bennett, MacArthur-Geno-Neal. Dupuis to L3. Won't happen, but it SHOULD.

Here's the deal with MacArthur. Not a sexy pickup, but he's got decent jam and board work, plays pretty sound defense, and IMO is a better one on one guy that Kunitz, Dupuis, or Neal. Up front, the only guys with more creativity in that department would be Sid, Geno, and Bennett.

You've always said we need more guys that can create, and he seems like a guy that can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad