Proposal: M. Tkachuk to Canucks

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I think most Flames fans would prefer EP, but I can't read minds you know? But that's fair, ask for our best overall player, you better prepare to pay your best overall player.
You think Tkachuk is better than Monahan??

And your argument is flawed. Why would a team trade their best overall player for another team's best overall player, when one team's best player is the much better player with way higher value?

So if Edmonton wants Dylan Larkin, best player on Detroit, they'd have to give up Connor Mcdavid?

That's a very poor argument in my opinion.

Reactions: CMSKUNK

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
You think Tkachuk is better than Monahan??

And your argument is flawed. Why would a team trade their best overall player for another team's best overall player, when one team's best player is the much better player with way higher value?

So if Edmonton wants Dylan Larkin, best player on Detroit, they'd have to give up Connor Mcdavid?

That's a very poor argument in my opinion.

Monahan needs a playmaker to be effective as a scorer, thats why he's stapled with Johnny, he brings a decent two way game, but Chucky brings a better two way game, adds intangibles like pissing off other players like Kassian and Doughty, he can carry his own line(not at a 1st line rate, but still carries our 2nd line) him and Lindholm have some chemistry as a solid 2nd line playing like our 1st line atm since our top two players are on a cold spell(Johnny/Money) Chucky has shown even without them scoring hes not taking it easy, he plays a solid game in and game out, Monahan takes it easy more often IMO, go ahead and watch the two as separate players and not as a line, watch Monahan for 3 shifts and watch Chucky for 3 shifts, you'll see what i mean. Idk about most Flames fans, but i think Chucky is going to be the next face once Johnny walks

Reactions: HugginThePost

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
The flames would be looking for a big upgrade on actual offer offer offensive production to make to for tkachuk's intangibles. The only player that fits that requirement in the Canucks is EP. Trade will not happen.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Upgrading the LW spot would be more of a luxury than a necessity for the Canucks. JT Miller & Tanner Pearson are having career years so far, and Antoine Roussel & Micheal Ferland can play up & down the line-up.

I feel adding a veteran top-4 D is more of a need, followed by adding a 2RW (although Loui Eriksson's produced well in the last 13 games, and Josh Leivo was decent before he went down w/ injury).

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Best overall player yes. He’s better than Lindholm and Tkachuk imo. Gaudreau is better offensively but Monahan is way better defensively

How on earth could you watch Monahan play and think he is a good defensive player? Dude gets hemmed in down low so often because of his poor skating ability. And without Gaudreau, he produces like a third line player at 5v5. There is a reason he was demoted to 2C behind Lindholm.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Monahan is solid defensively but he is not the best player on the Flames by a mile. He can play good defense but Lindholm is better and Lindholm, at this stage, has better offense. Lindholm and Monahan are pretty close offensively right now but Lindholm is overall the Flames best player imo.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Best overall player yes. He’s better than Lindholm and Tkachuk imo. Gaudreau is better offensively but Monahan is way better defensively
You don't know much about the flames
Tkachuk is clearly better than Monahan. It's debatable with Lindholm

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
How on earth could you watch Monahan play and think he is a good defensive player? Dude gets hemmed in down low so often because of his poor skating ability. And without Gaudreau, he produces like a third line player at 5v5. There is a reason he was demoted to 2C behind Lindholm.
Then there is the other extreme...Monahan lack of compete some time but he is a legit top 6 talent, Johnny or not.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Just because Gaudreau isn’t having the best of seasons doesn’t mean he isn’t the best player on Calgary. He’s a first liner (and a damn good one at that), Tkachuk is a 2nd liner (damn good one as well) but as we all know 1st line > 2nd line. Not giving up Pettersson or Hughes for either though, that’s for sure. Their values are far superior than the aforementioned 2.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Just because Gaudreau isn’t having the best of seasons doesn’t mean he isn’t the best player on Calgary. He’s a first liner (and a damn good one at that), Tkachuk is a 2nd liner (damn good one as well) but as we all know 1st line > 2nd line. Not giving up Pettersson or Hughes for either though, that’s for sure. Their values are far superior than the aforementioned 2.

The reason Tkachuk is on the second line is because we have two lines that can be called 1a and 1b, there are people like you, who won't understand it. Tkachuk is a 70-80 point first line winger(this season he is not having the best of season but none of the Flames are having that good of seasons) that does a lot of things that helps the team win.

If Tkachuk was a RW, he'd be on the top line but because of Johnny he is where he is.

Pettersson and Hughes have more value than Tkachuk because they play the more important positions and no one in their right minds would trade them for Tkachuk but this does not make Tkachuk a 2nd liner.

Reactions: HugginThePost

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
The reason Tkachuk is on the second line is because we have two lines that can be called 1a and 1b, there are people like you, who won't understand it. Tkachuk is a 70-80 point first line winger(this season he is not having the best of season but none of the Flames are having that good of seasons) that does a lot of things that helps the team win.

If Tkachuk was a RW, he'd be on the top line but because of Johnny he is where he is.

Pettersson and Hughes have more value than Tkachuk because they play the more important positions and no one in their right minds would trade them for Tkachuk but this does not make Tkachuk a 2nd liner.

pettersson and hughes have more value because they are better hockey players. Simply put. And I agree on the sentiment that he’s a first liner, that was definitely an overlook. But still I wouldn’t trade either/or for him. There’s no body on Calgary that has their type of value for you to legitimately understand how blasphemous it was in the first place to suggest them.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
How about Vancouver takes Tkachuk, Lindholm, Giordano, Monahan, Bennett, Gaudreau, and two of Hanafin or Kylington or Andersson, and we merge them with Pettersson, Miller, Virtanen, Horvat, Pearson, Boeser, Gaudette, Roussel, Myers, Hughes, Edler and Tanev, plus Markstrom on the back end, and become the Calcouver Canames.

Then we win all the hockey.

The Stanley Cup takes six month in either city, because this team won't be losing its title.

The left overs can be part of our farm team, the Vangary Flamucks.

All of this is far more likely than the Flames trading Tkachuk to Vancouver.

Reactions: FameFlame069

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
How about Vancouver takes Tkachuk, Lindholm, Giordano, Monahan, Bennett, Gaudreau, and two of Hanafin or Kylington or Andersson, and we merge them with Pettersson, Miller, Virtanen, Horvat, Pearson, Boeser, Gaudette, Roussel, Myers, Hughes, Edler and Tanev, plus Markstrom on the back end, and become the Calcouver Canames.

Then we win all the hockey.

The Stanley Cup takes six month in either city, because this team won't be losing its title.

The left overs can be part of our farm team, the Vangary Flamucks.

All of this is far more likely than the Flames trading Tkachuk to Vancouver.

40 points to Gryffindor.
I really like your enthusiasm!
Lets prepare the lines?

Reactions: Cogburn

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Go Canames!

I got it!

Tkachuk-Lindholm-Pettersson
Gaudreau-Monahan-Boeser
Bennett-Horvat-Miller
Pearson-Backlund-Virtanen