M Green last Defenseman to Score 30+ Goals in a Season. Who's next?

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Huge Karlsson fan. And a Sens fan. I think it is way more likely for a D to get 70,75, ppg or even 85 points rather then score 30 goals. Doesn't mean 30 goals means a D is better then 85 points. But more rare? Yup.

I do not think it is likely to happen over the next 5 seasons. But I give Burns the best chance. I think Karlsson is capable. He takes a ton of shots and if he had a top PP and good luck 30 goals is possible. But still unlikely. I think EK might top out at 25/26/27 goals in his best years.

I think Weber and OEL could also potentially score 30 with great luck and an elite PP. Unlikely. Like 1 in 10 chance even in a great season. But at least possible.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
How much, if any, can you attribute Mike Green's 30+ goal season to the supporting cast?

With all due respect to Karlsson, Stone/Ryan aren't exactly Ovechkin/Backstrom/competent Alex Semin.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
How much, if any, can you attribute Mike Green's 30+ goal season to the supporting cast?

With all due respect to Karlsson, Stone/Ryan aren't exactly Ovechkin/Backstrom/competent Alex Semin.

A ton. Look up how many goals that team scored in a season, the system they played was insanely offensive. The pie was so much bigger for everyone to share. But 30 goals are still 30 goals obviously.

Right now there's not really a great player in the right surroundings for it.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
So many things need to be right for this to happen that I'm quite confident in saying he's not playing in the NHL right now.

Still happy to give Burns a 10% chance.

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
Would anyone buy it if I said it's not 100% Byfuglien has for sure missed the boat on ever doing this or is that too outrageous?

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado
It would be really cool to see how OEL would do with an actual supporting cast. Him along with Karlsson, Weber and Burns would have the best chances of reaching that total in their careers. But still 30 goals for a d man is going to require a good amount of luck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad